~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

Fifi- not far just a 25 min drive away. It's the next city over, I actually can't wait but it's just a lot to deal with. We needed the space (3rd bedroom, more than the 1 bath we currently have). It's a big upgrade for us :)

My little girl has been really mellow the past two days. I've been feeling off, think I'm fighting a virus, and she hasn't moved much at all, basically making me crazy nervous.
I think she also changed positions though maybe that's a factor? Anyone else going through less movement?

Fifi- not far just a 25 min drive away. It's the next city over, I actually can't wait but it's just a lot to deal with. We needed the space (3rd bedroom, more than the 1 bath we currently have). It's a big upgrade for us :)

My little girl has been really mellow the past two days. I've been feeling off, think I'm fighting a virus, and she hasn't moved much at all, basically making me crazy nervous.
I think she also changed positions though maybe that's a factor? Anyone else going through less movement?

Fab!
My LO has also been quiet but she has also turned over and is kicking the placenta a lot of the time. I had this with DS at about this stage too, I think they just like to keep us on our toes.
However if you are concerned you should speak to your doctor/midwife. I've had enough movement to know that she's ok, whereas with DS I did go to hospital a couple of times because of reduced movement and they were great (and typically the little sod started bouncing as soon as they put the monitor on!!!)

I have days where movement is a lot and days where it isn't. I notice that the more active I am physically, the more she moves around. When I rest, she rests. I know a lot of people say their baby keeps them up at night kicking away, but this isn't the case with me. I sleep all the way through, except for my once a night bathroom break. Also, I heard that as baby gets bigger, there is less movement. I wouldn't worry! She is probably happy in there! :)

Great pictures everyone.

My baby is very quiet during the day, he seems to get active in the morning or evening. Luckily I have been able to sleep lately (not sure why) as my toddler and my husband seem to be swapping beds in the middle of the night and somehow manage not to wake me up! But time is creeping away and sleepless nights are on the horizon! Still I got super excited about meeting him and have been seriously thinking about washing and packing up things before the school year starts up in a week or two! I have got nothing ready, cot is still in peices and the pram is less than ready! Oh well heres to weeks of nesting!

Cheshire, that is great you are getting sleep! :) Also, I hear ya on the nesting part. Last night I went through both of my closets and pruned out old clothes. I went through my bookcases and CD rack and picked out all the ones I no longer want. I then donated them to a charity. The baby's room is all painted and ready to go too. I am now working on organizing all my files. It is exhausting but something in me is driving me to do it. LOL :)

Well it's been a busy weekend!! OH and his dad have been working tirelessly dismantling furniture and building more (have downsized the wardrobe and got rid of a chest of drawers) and today they put up the beautiful cot (pictured below!). Yesterday I sorted everything out that had to come out of wardrobe and drawers!! Took me all day and felt like we'd just moved in!
I've washed the last load of baby's stuff except for a couple of coats and his going home bits that I bought today!
And today I spent 4.5 hours getting my car fixed (I didn't realise it would be that long!). Fingers crossed it was finally running properly, it's the 3rd time I've had to take it in!

I have midwife tomorrow :)

Hope you've all had a nice weekend - it sure feels like a Sunday today!! Here's the cot (I've ordered prints for the wall and they'll be a cot tidy and bunting at some point!)

https://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p238/loobielis/DDD2B42C-06B7-4055-85D0-78C3A51E6D19-1480-000001491B8662BA.jpg

Flutterly,

The crib looks amazing!! You are definitely ready for your little one! :)

OMG anyone else getting headbutted in the cervix really hard? It's so sore! I had it with DS but not this early. Also losing bits of my plug which seems a bit odd at this stage. I've been more worried about not going into labour I didn't consider that I might go early!!!

flutterly, love the cot and changing tray!

fifi- i think its common to lose the plug throughout the 3rd tri as it regenerates itself, hopefully thats all it is x

Thanks ladies, I love it so much!!

I think I have lost bits of my plug too, only a couple of days and been quiet since!

I don't have cervix pain but this bubs has his bum firmly on my ribs and I am in agony!!

Midwife went well yesterday, he's not engaged yet but still head down :D

OB today, baby head down and has dropped :) I'm sick feeling grumpy and in pain :(
She has given me the option if I want a growth scan but she wasn't going to schedule one. She said cause they can be off by over a pound either way it could make people worry unnecessarily. I measure just fine and weight gain is 14.2 lbs. what would you do?

Hopeful, wow!! Sounds like baby is ready to come very soon! As for the growth scan, is it another ultrasound? If so, I would do it just so I could see baby one last time and to know if she is accurately head down. However, I wouldn't take what they said about the weight too seriously. If it isn't an ultrasound, then I would probably pass. What do you think you're going to do?

Lovely cot Flutterly. Changing table is a great idea too.

Hopeful, I too would have a growth scan, especially as you know they can be off, you can have this in mind when you go.

Fifi, I have had lots of pressure on my cervix lately and I'm wondering if little one has turned. I get a really odd sensation for a few days where it felt like my whole uterus lunged forward. This happened a few times so now I am not sure what to think. If he turned, or if he is always turning and now he is bigger I feel it more.

Some days his hiccups are down low, sometimes down on my left side but I have not felt them up above my belly button for a while now, so fingers crossed. Also that pressure feeling I had with all three of the others who were all head down so I am hopeful. All the big movement seems to be up high :shrug: sometimes I wish I had an ultrasound machine.

The mucus plug will probably just regenerate. I have only ever seen the plug once in all three previous pregnancies, so maybe loosing bit by bit is common too.

Hopeful, wow!! Sounds like baby is ready to come very soon! As for the growth scan, is it another ultrasound? If so, I would do it just so I could see baby one last time and to know if she is accurately head down. However, I wouldn't take what they said about the weight too seriously. If it isn't an ultrasound, then I would probably pass. What do you think you're going to do?

It's hard to say. My initial reaction was yeah, have the ultrasound to see baby one more time, but then her telling me 'would you panic if it says baby is big?'
I just don't know. It really would make me nervous but would it change my plan for vbac, I don't think so.... So maybe we'll just go for it.
I had one with my last pregnancy as I was measuring big and was borderline gestational diabetic (more intolerant controlled by diet). He was shown to be big.
This time I just was wondering if they do that cause it's a VBAC to know the risk of tearing, but they continuously monitor you during active labour anyways.
I'm excited, on sunday I'm two weeks from full term :) so I could have the baby at any time! But I doubt she'll come early, my boy wasn't.

Hopeful, sounds good! Let us know how the ultrasound goes! :)

I feel like a whale today!! 36 weeks and I just feel huge! Can't believe it's only 1 week till full term!

I feel like a whale today!! 36 weeks and I just feel huge! Can't believe it's only 1 week till full term!

Aw, you are almost there!! Before you know it, your little one will be here!

Full term for us here in the States is 40 weeks so I am kind of envious that you are almost there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->