~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

Hello, spoken on NMs too :D
Added you to the front page :)

I thought I recognised the name :D!
I've been on here for a fair bit longer as you can probably tell hehe :) - thanks for adding me on - looks like I have stolen some people's date - eek :shrug:

Morning ladies,

Well what a wonderful afternoon I had yesterday. The weather was glorious and about 22 people gathered at my sister's house for my shower! My sister and her helpers done a wonderful job...there was food galore, games and plenty of chatter. Everyone seemed to have a lovely time and me and bump were thoroughly spoilt! We got presents galore and are now well and truly set for baby! I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful family and friends :)

This is me just after the present opening!!! Presents are currently in the corner of the front room waiting to be housed!!!

https://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p238/loobielis/89626617-C951-4B21-8744-9C8F8BF7A1C7-4057-000004490535724E.jpg

You look lovely - love the dress :)

Hello, spoken on NMs too :D
Added you to the front page :)

I thought I recognised the name :D!
I've been on here for a fair bit longer as you can probably tell hehe :) - thanks for adding me on - looks like I have stolen some people's date - eek :shrug:

Not stolen, sharing! It's always fun to see when people actually have their babies, in your case you know when bubs is going to come!!!!

Aw Flutterly you look fab!! :)

2 of my friends are determined to throw me a shower but I'm not too pushed haha :) I'm just worried people will feel pressured into buying things, here people prefer to buy once baby is born. The girls are just super excited about baby haha :)

Anyone else having kicks that are really painful? Seriously this little one is beating the crap outta me!! It woke me up last night and really winded me! Getting stronger every week, I dread to think how hard it'll be kicking by next week!

Flutterly you look lovely! So glad the shower went well.

:hi: Bethanchloe, always great to have people to share the count down with.

Hope everyone is well! :thumbup:

I have two 34 week appointments next week :) my midwife accidently booked me with her for 34 weeks and my gp is a star so she said I could come and see her anyway!! Double happiness and I still get my 36 week appointment. I really am looking forward to my GP and she is very experienced at feeling baby locations!

That looked like a lovely day to have a baby shower Flutterly!
A couple of my old workmates asked another of my friends if she was organising a baby shower for me but there doesn't seem to be much point to me - I work at different sites in Swindon and Camberley and then have friends all across the country! I think I'll let people bring stuff when they meet baby if they want to!

In other news I've transferred from my closest hospital (West suffolk) to the Rosie at Addenbrooke's in Cambridge as their shiny new MLU is now open :happydance: fingers crossed for a MLU water birth and them kicking us out quickly and we'll all be happy!

Great pic Flutterfly!! You look so happy :flower:

Twinkie - I had an ECV with my son at about 38 weeks and it wasn't very painful. Fairly uncomfortable, but it only lasted for less than a minute. It was pretty easy and my son turned quickly, so I would recommend you try that first before a c-section. There are risks to everything, I know, but it's such a quick procedure. They seem to know within a couple minutes if the baby will turn or not. Good luck! Hopefully you won't need either and the bubs will turn on it's own. :thumbup:

5 weeks to go! I can't believe it's getting so close. I'm so ready to meet my little miss and introduce her to her awesome big brother. :flower:

Flutterly, you are glowing! Looks like you had a great time at your shower! :)

The time is definitely drawing near for all of us! I am no longer nervous, just kinda ready to get it over with and meet my baby! :)

That looked like a lovely day to have a baby shower Flutterly!
A couple of my old workmates asked another of my friends if she was organising a baby shower for me but there doesn't seem to be much point to me - I work at different sites in Swindon and Camberley and then have friends all across the country! I think I'll let people bring stuff when they meet baby if they want to!

In other news I've transferred from my closest hospital (West suffolk) to the Rosie at Addenbrooke's in Cambridge as their shiny new MLU is now open :happydance: fingers crossed for a MLU water birth and them kicking us out quickly and we'll all be happy!

:thumbup: love the Rosie, happy memories :winkwink:

I cannot believe the weeks are flying by now, the children went back to school and that just makes my weeks go rushing past. I am also nesting big time, partly helped by an inconsiderate friend bringing her child to my house with cold sores all over her eyes.....:growlmad:

Has anyone else still not decided on a name yet?

Boys names are soo hard, we used the only boys name we liked on Leo so having a tough time trying to decide.

Its between Jacob and Daniel at the moment.... Dont even get me started on a middle name haha

I finally managed to get DH to agree with my choice of middle name so our daughter will be Cassandra Ann H. (Cassie) unless we change our mind when we see her or it turns out the scan was wrong :lol:

Good luck Melly! We don't have a definite name for our little boy - we have one name which we both didn't hate but neither did we love it..... I thought we'd just hear a name and there would be some kind of heavenly chorus confirming that it was the right one :haha: Apparently not.........

Cheshire - fingers crossed mine will be happy memories too!:happydance:

cheshire, are you and kids ok?? that is really inconsiderate. i hope its not infectious.

We've not 100% settled on names yet either and it's starting to panic me a little haha

Fifi- Beautiful name! I love it! :)

Chesire- I hope all is ok. How inconsiderate of your friend!

I had my 34 week appointment today and my Dr. referred me for another ultrasound. They think my baby is either underweight or laying sideways. I am leaning more towards leaning sideways as the past two days I have been so uncomfortable. It is uncomfortable just to lean forward a little bit. I feel totally crushed! At least I will be able to see her one last time before delivery! :)

Is anyone else having Braxton Hicks on a daily basis now? I have them at least a few times a day now and mostly notice them at night.

Leikela and Lindblum, yes it is very infectious. I am livid as once you get it, it stays with you for life (not fair on my children).

mellllly we have settled on Lucas for this boy (we wanted it to fit in with Tomas and Mateus, as well as be a name we like) I like Jacob. How about Jacob Daniel?

Leikela hope your baby is just lying sideways.

I ended up in the day assessment yesterday evening. TMI warning but I have had very watery discharge, mostly I was convinced it was discharge as my waters don't usually even break even in labour, but wanted to check. Luckily I was right and it wasn't water :happydance: and my baby is now diagonal but his head is lower than his bum :happydance::happydance::happydance: so he going in the right direction!!!

Leikela I have no idea what Braxton hicks feel like! I have given up ever knowing as if I don't know by now, chances are I never will. I am getting the occasional cramp though. Maybe that is them.

I found out yesterday at 37 weeks that bubs is breech! It seems he may have been breech the whole time and that what they thought was his head is actually a bony bum! I can't believe it. I am swaying against the ECV even though I know that the success stories are good. I just don't know if I want to put LO through that when he might not even move, it's so late now as well. I'm seeing the consultant on Monday so I'll be 38 weeks by the time they would do it. So I may well be on for a September delivery!

Oh no flutterly, another one who's breech. I agree with others on trying the evc, as in my eyes it's better than a section.
OB is tomorrow and im letting her know I want the scan, not so much as I'm scared of how big baby is, I just want to ensure everything is optimal for delivery, position, that baby didnt sustain any injury from my fall, etc. it'll give me peace of mind.

flutterly really hope he's not breech. This happened to me at 37 weeks with my first, I was sent to see a consultant through suspected breech. Turned out that what was mistaken for a head was indeed a very round bottom and always had been. Was it a different midwife who suspects breech? What position was he in at 20 weeks? I know people say they can move in my experience all 4 of mine have always been in the same position at 20, 30 and so far 40 weeks (although hoping my acrobat turns). As he was breech at scan and 30 weeks.
I agree with others to try the ecv if it is offered. Also go on all fours and lift and lower your hips, I have been doing this and found that yesterday little one might be getting into position.
Fingers crossed for you x

For all the breech babies try spinning babies website - they have lots of advice on turning breech babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->