• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

I had a scan yesterday - he is definitely breech! Head is firmly up by my ribs! Shall be discussing everything on Monday but both me and OH are really not keen on the idea of ECV!

I had a scan yesterday - he is definitely breech! Head is firmly up by my ribs! Shall be discussing everything on Monday but both me and OH are really not keen on the idea of ECV!

there are various things you can do to turn a breech baby naturally. And I know two peoplle who have given birth vaginally to babies who were breech (one was a first baby). There are options and there is time. It doesn't have to mean c-section (I personally would avoid a c-section at all costs having had one but that's just me :) )

Leikela and Lindblum, yes it is very infectious. I am livid as once you get it, it stays with you for life (not fair on my children).

Leikela hope your baby is just lying sideways.

I ended up in the day assessment yesterday evening. TMI warning but I have had very watery discharge, mostly I was convinced it was discharge as my waters don't usually even break even in labour, but wanted to check. Luckily I was right and it wasn't water :happydance: and my baby is now diagonal but his head is lower than his bum :happydance::happydance::happydance: so he going in the right direction!!!

Leikela I have no idea what Braxton hicks feel like! I have given up ever knowing as if I don't know by now, chances are I never will. I am getting the occasional cramp though. Maybe that is them.

Chesire, OMG, it stays with you for life? What was your friend thinking or wasn't she? I would be livid too!

And thanks, I hope she is just sideways too! I will find out for sure in 2 weeks at my 36 week scan. If she is, I am going to try all the tips that people have for turning a baby. We shall see! :)

That is great that your baby is progressing downwards! Very exciting!! He will be here before you know it!

Braxton Hicks is when your uterus practices for actual contractions. They are only noticeable, at least in my case, when I am sitting in my reclining chair at night. The uterus tightens up and becomes rock hard. If you touch there, it feels just like a muscle that is being flexed, such as a bi-cep. After about 15-30 seconds it releases and the soft belly returns. These started for me around 21 weeks but were once a week or so. Now it is a few times a day as my due date gets closer. Not everyone experiences them. I guess you've just been lucky. :)

I found out yesterday at 37 weeks that bubs is breech! It seems he may have been breech the whole time and that what they thought was his head is actually a bony bum! I can't believe it. I am swaying against the ECV even though I know that the success stories are good. I just don't know if I want to put LO through that when he might not even move, it's so late now as well. I'm seeing the consultant on Monday so I'll be 38 weeks by the time they would do it. So I may well be on for a September delivery!

Oh no! My baby might be sideways. I will find out in two weeks. I plan on trying the old wives tales. Put an ice pack at the top of your uterus, then shine a flashlight at the bottom of your pelvis. They recommend also putting mild heat at the bottom of your pelvis. Babies are attracted to heat, sound and light. They also recommend playing classical music near your pelvis. Another trip is to put pillows 8-12 inches under your pelvis and lay flat with your legs bent and your feet on the ground. They are worth a try! :)

Flutterly- my guy was confirmed breech at my 35 week appt via an ultrasound. The tech put the probe low near my pubic bone where a head is supposed to be and low and behold a nice view of his behind, LOL. I have an appt this afternoon where my Dr. is going to see if he has flipped in the last 2 weeks (I don't think he has, but maybe, you never know). If he is still breech, then I have to make some decisions about his birth. My dr. is willing to deliver him breech (assuming he stays in the frank breech position), which I don NOT want to do. He is also willing to offer me either an ECV or an elective C-section, my choice. I have no idea which to choose! I don't really want a c-section if it isn't necessary, but I don't like the sound of an ECV either! I really hope he has flipped on his own!

Hey ladies, had my checkup today :) told doc about little spill when moving and said I'd feel better if she checked the baby over. She went and got the machine and scanned me right then. Group b swab done, baby is great, perfect, strong heartbeat, no issues. She is head down and her back is somewhat to my right side and lots of limbs tucks on my left, she is just where she needs to be at this point :) she isn't crazy low but has dropped.
Guess ive got a normal 40 weeker to come :) I haven't noticed signs of her coming early, but ya never know.
Oh and I've gained 15 lbs total, made me happy :) so she is not a huge baby, good news for a vbac :)

Well my little guy is still frank breech. It looks like I will be scheduling a c-section for 39 weeks :( The dr. said it is unlikely he will turn on his own because he is fairly large and his rear end is down really low.

Awe sorry twinkie :( but at least you get to meet LO a bit sooner and hopefully safer. Good luck, and I hope recovery is smooth for you.

Aw Twinkie sorry to hear your LO is still breech!

I had an appointment today too, this wee one is head down bum right up in my ribs and arms and legs in my right side :) Estimating they are about 5lbs so all healthy and good :)

Sorry to hear that Twinkie! I might be in the same boat as you. I will find out at my 36 week scan. All the best to you on a speedy recovery!

sorry to hear about the ladies with the breech babies. im sure everything will be okay.

had my 36 wk appt everything went good. had the strep b swab taken waiting on the results still. she is head down and estimated to weigh between 8 and 8 n half pounds!!! kinda scary since technically i still have 4 wks. also i am 1 cm dilated.

Twinkie and Flutterly hope everything goes well, sorry to hear your babies are breech.

Mel and Hopeful glad everything is going well.

I have an appointment on monday so hoping someone has turned!!!

Hope everything is going well for everyone else!

Well we're head down, not yet engaged, got my home birth kit delivered yesterday, midwives go on call next week, just a case of waiting for the little lady to make her appearance :)

just wanted to share some of my maternity pics

good luck cheshire!! yay fifi!!

Attachments

• bridge3.jpg
    bridge3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 5
  • bridge5.jpg
    bridge5.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 5
  • bridge6.jpg
    bridge6.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 5
  • bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 5
  • bridge2.jpg
    bridge2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 5
Head down but not yet engaged! !
This also put my fundal height up 5cm from last week when he was transverse. Just shows how position can impact fundal height!

I just want to cry, my back is killing and everytime I walk I either feel my waters are going to burst or my back is going to break lol. Im so figity and cannot rest, im pacing about trying to do things but nothing is actually getting done! How can i survive the next few weeks.

Well if bubs doesn't come earlier or he decides to turn (ouch!) he will be here a week on Wednesday!!! 9 days...OMG!!

His head couldn't get any closer to my ribs if he tried!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->