~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

Found this in my mommy educational research. Thought you ladies getting sick of the waiting may want to read it. I'm due in 11 days and am also sick of being pregnant at times :)
https://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2007754,00.html

Found this in my mommy educational research. Thought you ladies getting sick of the waiting may want to read it. I'm due in 11 days and am also sick of being pregnant at times :)
https://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2007754,00.html

Great article! I knew from the beginning of this pregnancy that I wanted a vaginal birth. The state I live in, New Jersey, has the highest rates of C-Section in the US. I refuse to be pushed into one. Only in an emergency situation where my life or my baby's life is in danger, will I undergo a C-section.

All too often, co-workers and friends having babies are like, "Yeah, I am having my baby on June 23rd." They already have it scheduled and they have no complications. I want my child to come when nature says she is ready. That's just me though. I am glad to see that this has been recognized as a problem and that hospitals are taking steps to reduce their number of C-sections! :)

good luck flutterly, hope everything goes smoothly x

Leikela- I want to be clear that I am not bashing sections as it is wonderful that they exist to help babies and moms when we face problems. I just really thought that a lot of what I read and am seeing/hearing is ladies being TOLD that they need it and they simply go with the flow. The statistics say vaginal is generally safer (barring other medical necessity)and I know many who were told the opposite. I just got PO'd yesterday when a gal said her doc wanted to schedule her as he was going on vacation the week of her due date. I mean Wth?
My son had to arrive by c section and though it as not the experience I wanted, I got my healthy boy :) wouldn't take that back for the world.

I'm with you on sections hopeful! They have their place but often are used inappropriately. It should be for medical conditions (such as pre-eclampsia) or actual emergencies (not just taking too long). In the UK we're not quite as bad as in the US but we're not far behind. Our bodies are designed to give birth and women need to have faith in themselves but this has been eroded by the medical profession and society in general. Birth is not a medical procedure it is a bodily function!
I'll get off my soap box now!

We should have our first Bumpkin baby by now! Hope everything went well for Flutterly!

I'm getting lots of sore braxton hicks, pressure and bump has dropped so I'm hoping it's not too much longer for me. Birth pool is inflated ready for action, home birth kit is all here (including the essential gas and air) just need to go into labour now! :D

Leikela- I want to be clear that I am not bashing sections as it is wonderful that they exist to help babies and moms when we face problems. I just really thought that a lot of what I read and am seeing/hearing is ladies being TOLD that they need it and they simply go with the flow. The statistics say vaginal is generally safer (barring other medical necessity)and I know many who were told the opposite. I just got PO'd yesterday when a gal said her doc wanted to schedule her as he was going on vacation the week of her due date. I mean Wth?
My son had to arrive by c section and though it as not the experience I wanted, I got my healthy boy :) wouldn't take that back for the world.

Oh no, I totally agree with you! I am not bashing C-sections either. It is great they can do it for the people who actually need it. I am just annoyed by the medical professionals that suggest or coax women into it for their own convenience. They are also probably motivated by $$ and getting paid by the insurance companies!

I'm with you on sections hopeful! They have their place but often are used inappropriately. It should be for medical conditions (such as pre-eclampsia) or actual emergencies (not just taking too long). In the UK we're not quite as bad as in the US but we're not far behind. Our bodies are designed to give birth and women need to have faith in themselves but this has been eroded by the medical profession and society in general. Birth is not a medical procedure it is a bodily function!
I'll get off my soap box now!

I'm getting lots of sore braxton hicks, pressure and bump has dropped so I'm hoping it's not too much longer for me. Birth pool is inflated ready for action, home birth kit is all here (including the essential gas and air) just need to go into labour now! :D

Agreed Fifi on all points! :) I too am getting a lot of braxton hicks as well. I have sporadic menstrual like cramps as well. I am still working and after a busy day, the pressure on my pelvic region is enormous!

That is great you have the birth pool inflated and ready!! I hope you go into labor soon! :)

Introducing Zachary Arthur Stephen Philbrick - born at 2.13pm and weighing 7lbs 1oz! He is perfect!

https://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p238/loobielis/1A03228F-AFE6-49FA-AF67-8ABBE97EEEED-7172-000006DD28BF70F0.jpg

Congrats Flutterly!! He is absolutely perfect! :) How are you feeling?

congrats flutterly!!! he is soo handsome!!! glad everything went so well!! u had our first baby!!!

appt yest went good. she is still head down hb 145 i now weight 205 which sounds horrible but i dont feel like i weigh that much and ppl tell me i look small for being so far along. i got my first stretch marks last night :( still estimated at 8.5 lbs. doc told me that if she doesnt come by the 11th she will induce me on the 17th but im not even sure i wanna b induced. i mean if something is wrong or could harm her or me ill most def be getting it done but im going to try and hold off as long as possible. i had this horrible pain on my right side and doc said she is bruising me on the inside because she is turned head down and has her back along my left side she stretches her feet and knees into my right side.

Congratulations! Awww our first squishy little bumpkin :cloud9: Hope you are recovering well!

Mel: it's a hard decision re induction. From my experience, if I could go back and ask for monitoring instead I would, but others go through it absolutely fine.

Fed up of preggo insomnia, but on the plus side I had a batch of choc chip banana muffins in the oven before 6am :D

congratulations flutterly, he is gorgeous!

Everything is well here but got a stomach bug on tuesday night, we all had it but it hit me hard and I got really de-hydrated, bubs was monitored and fine and last night I was finally hydrated and able to manage chicken broth and slept for 12 hours!! That has given me a new lease of life...I'm sure tonight I'll be back to pregnancy sleep. Also to cheer me up DH has cancelled all contracts and is going to be home now as we both have a feeling this baby might come a week or two early, so that has taken some stress off!

Aw, flutterly, he's gorgeous! Enjoy every second with him :)
Let us know how being a mommy goes, when you get a chance. I wish you a speedy and complication free recovery with your section Hun!

Thanks all, I'm doing ok! Am up and about today which is making me feel much better! I can pic bubs up and feed him better although he is still mega sleeepy!! Have just eaten my first proper food since dinner on Tuesday night! I couldn't keep anything down once I came out of surgery and kept randomly throwing up! They had to give me an anti sickness injection!

I'm in quite a bit of pain when I sit down or stand up but once I'm comfy its fine! Doing very well indeed I think :)

I'm hot though! Like swelteringly hot and every time I hold bubs I break out into a sweat! It's weird!

Flutterly- Your son is adorable! I am glad everything went well :)

I have a c-section scheduled for tomorrow morning since my little guy had decided to stay breech, so I hope I have a smooth delivery too!

Contracts Flutterly! He's gorgeous. Sounds like you're doing well x

And great news Cheshire about your DH being home. Must be a relief. How considerate :)

Good luck for tomorrow Twinkie! Hope it goes smoothly :)

Baby has finally engaged! She's 3/5ths engaged which is more than DS ever managed before labour! Fingers crossed it means labour isn't far away!! Although we have our second night out since having DS on Saturday, getting my hair and eyebrows done during the day then out for dinner at night :D so after that would be good!

Well Fifi, don't think it'll be me going anytime soon :( no real progress, 1cm at the most. On to next week. I'll just sit here and wallow in my cup of red raspberry leaf tea. Lol
Ah well, not due till oct 7th anyways. I'll get depressed about it next week when I'm but a few days from due at my appt.
I'm not allowed over 10 days, and will then be induced by means of water rupture. Meds are last resort for vbac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->