October Bumps

Congrats everyone :) my due date tomorrow, really not sure whether to have the sweep on Wednesday that my midwife has mentioned x

Congratulations notnic and paris!
I'm still with baby haha, but I'm hoping things are looking promising.
Had another sweep today, I'm 1-2cm dilated. Went for a walk around Ikea for most of the day and had consistant contractions (at least I think they were contractions!) (I expected contractions to be wrapped round the entire bump, but they seem mainly down quite low? Belly goes super tight and it does radiate through my back aswell so guessing they are contractions)?
Got home, went for a big poo (sorry tmi) and lost lots more blood stained plug. Sat here now and the contractions are easing off a bit.
But every time baby moves down low I get a horrid pulling pain down there, I take it that is normal?
Hoping I'm in the stages of early labour, and it will all kick off soon. But so far no pains that I would class as contractions have been consistant :(
Got an appt at the day assessment ward on Tuesday to discuss options. May have a section booked for as early as Thursday but I wanna wait for as long as I can for natural labour really, as I think I'm getting positive signs. What do you guys think? Starting to lose the will to live!

Oh and the only other thing I wanna ask is if it's normal for the bump to be really tender in general? It aches pretty much all the time and if it gets knocked or pushed a bit it is very tender! It's not like I get a contraction, then it eases off and my bump feels fine, there's always an underlying tenderness. And when baby moves it's super painful! Is that normal?

Sunseal this sounds very similar to how I was between 7-10am the day I gave birth. I woke up and around 7am felt a heavy sore feeling like when you are bloated and constipated need to pass wind except I couldn't. I was getting regular pains but nothing sharp. Then at 9am I needed to rush to the toilet for a bm and realised I had lost my plug. An hour later things had definitely become contractions. For me mine started similarly to yours. Hope things have progressed for you now.

Sunseal, sounds like this is it for you! Hoping you are in labour or having a baby right now :)

Hiii ladies!!! My baby is here a gorgoues baby boy Frankie John Fields, born 22nd October 17:22pm, 9lb 8oz!!!! I was induced at 41 weeks
Due to his heart rate dropping and lack of fetal movement thank god he is here now! Born naturally but with an episiotomy, will upload a birth story soon, I'm really poorly as I've ended up with mastitis which is agony and I'm feeling so rough, fever and shakes it's awful but who cares my little boy is worth every bit of pain!! love to u all xxxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1
Big congrats LoveBubble! I hope you recover quickly. I had a rough go last time too and remember how lousy it can be. I'm sure having baby in your arms will help-enjoy all the love!

Congratulations notnic and paris!
I'm still with baby haha, but I'm hoping things are looking promising.
Had another sweep today, I'm 1-2cm dilated. Went for a walk around Ikea for most of the day and had consistant contractions (at least I think they were contractions!) (I expected contractions to be wrapped round the entire bump, but they seem mainly down quite low? Belly goes super tight and it does radiate through my back aswell so guessing they are contractions)?
Got home, went for a big poo (sorry tmi) and lost lots more blood stained plug. Sat here now and the contractions are easing off a bit.
But every time baby moves down low I get a horrid pulling pain down there, I take it that is normal?
Hoping I'm in the stages of early labour, and it will all kick off soon. But so far no pains that I would class as contractions have been consistant :(
Got an appt at the day assessment ward on Tuesday to discuss options. May have a section booked for as early as Thursday but I wanna wait for as long as I can for natural labour really, as I think I'm getting positive signs. What do you guys think? Starting to lose the will to live!

Obviously it's impossible to predict and I don't have that much experience myself but I'd say this sounds very promising indeed! I thought that about contractions too but nope, what you're describing sounds like contractions :thumbup:

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Hi ladies :) Just thought I'd pop my head in. I have been following all of your symptom spottings and labours over the month. It has been so exciting to read :)

Although I was originally a November bump I was diagnosed with placenta previa at 32 weeks so my date was changed to October. I am going in tomorrow for my elective c section and I am excited/nervous in equal measure. I had a natural birth with my daughter so this is all very new to me!

I just want to say congratulations to you all, your babies are gorgeous and big hugs to those who went overdue, I was 2 weeks late with my DD so I know the feeling all too well :) Special shout out to Krippy my December 2012 Rainbow Buddy, congratulations sweetheart <3

I have been thinking of you Leilana... Good luck with your section. It will be so special to meet your LO finally! Be checking up on you...

Beautiful boy, Love Bubble! So sorry about the the pain!

Good luck Leilana! My SIL had an elective with her last and she said it was the best birthing experience of her three labours!

Paris and LoveBubble - congrats on your boys. Thrilled to hear that they are here safely.

In case you wanted to read it I've now posted my birthing story over in the right section :)
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/birth-stories-announcements/2248895-october-bump-water-birth.html

Sunseal - I'm expecting news very soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->