October Bumps

Paris, sorry you are feeling down hun :hugs: I have had to be induced both times before and they were both smooth, especially rhe second time (it barely took any intervention at all!) So try not to worry too much about it, you still have time to go into labour on your own. I think the risk of csection is greater because alot of inductions are carried out too early... I mean, look at all of the women in the US being induced at 39wks etc for no medical reason! Really hope things kick off for you soon xx

Afm, im 4 days past due date bbut not surprised in the slightest so im just getting on with things lol. Have lost quite a bit of plug and baby feels very low and my bump has definitely dropped... probably still need to be induced in a weeks time!

My husband had a stomach bug still . Throwing up and diarrhea . Is literally begging I don't go into labour .
Yet I'm 2 days from due date and I'm so done :(
I'm not sure he even going to be well enough to be my birthing partner , I'm so pissed of with it all . :(
If your hubby was so I'll with a stomach bug would you still let him in delivery room ??

Awwwww girls... I hear your stress. I had a natural 39 week birth with my first and a c-section with my second so this being late and me having GD is scary to go overdue. Positive labour thoughts for all and what will be will be...I know I can not change anything by worrying, I am just ready to meet this baby and have the birth I want. I have been doing NSTs for the last 5 weeks bc of GD but is use was hard to book my 41 weeks appointment with my midwife.

My husband had a stomach bug still . Throwing up and diarrhea . Is literally begging I don't go into labour .
Yet I'm 2 days from due date and I'm so done :(
I'm not sure he even going to be well enough to be my birthing partner , I'm so pissed of with it all . :(
If your hubby was so I'll with a stomach bug would you still let him in delivery room ??

I am so sorry that your partner is sick... I would say just play it by ear. Wait and see but maybe have a back up person if he isn't able or well enough. Do you have anyone you could ask?

Samantha, I guess once you hit 40 weeks it's normal procedure to start booking non stress tests and talk about induction? Sounds like we are all in the same boat! My dh was laughing at me earlier because just a day ago I was saying how I didn't understand when women tried to make their babies come early (I still don't) but now that I am due I am ALL about getting this baby out! Hope your baby comes soon too :hugs:

MrsMurphy, thank you for the kinds words. Very reassuring to hear someone talk about induction in a positive way. Are the rates of c-section higher (other than what you mentioned) due to a quicker increase in pain? Do women have a harder time coping?

Noshowjo, most stomach bugs don't last more than a few days so hoping your dh is on the mend very soon. I don't blame you for not wanting to bring him with you if he is ill...especially around a newborn. Is there anyone else you could bring as a birth partner instead? I know this would be less than ideal but it's far better than going it alone.

Krippy, wanna join our club :haha: Seems there are a few of us here that are overdue with no labour symptoms in sight. Will they induce any earlier because of your GD or are they just monitoring you closely?

I have chosen to be monitored rather than induction...talked to my midwife about my options for induction because of my prior c-section and it all just depends on which OB consultant I get. Going to play it by ear and decide when I need to. Everyday is a new day... I had about 3 hours of contractions last night so hoping that it will be soon and I will are up in labour soon, lol. Positive thinking right?

Notnic, for both being former 39 weeker's, where are our babies?? I am sorry you are feeling down and dealing with constant inquiries :hugs: My mom has called me 4 days in a row now and it's hard not to get annoyed by it.

I blame my midwife! Have any of us 39wkers delivered on time? She's jinxed us!

Noshow - I agree that he should be over the bug fairly quickly, but if he was still ill I wouldn't let him be my partner. Partly because of the risk of passing it on to everyone else and partly because I don't think I'd have the patience to deal with my oh being sick. :) Also when I was in labour last time I left OH asleep on an armchair for 2 hours and wandered off in the unit to keep active. He was woken by a mw looking for me :haha: He was mortified! :D

Hope that we are all pleasantly surprised with labour soon. I've declined a sweep and hoping two more weeks will be plenty of time for the baby to get here.

Hi all,

Just a quick update. My little one was born at 11:50p on 10/13/14 after being induced. We started cervadil Sunday night, then pitocin Monday at 9am. Long labor and third degree tear(ouch!) but an overall amazing experience. So on love.

Labor dust to all of you!!? :hugs:

Congratulations Kern! Have you written a birth story? xx

Yes my mum said she will come in with me . Oh please let my hubs be better

Congratulations Kern! Have you written a birth story? xx

Not yet, I will shortly. I'll let you all know. I'm keeping on eye on you ladies waiting patiently for your Los to arrive! :happydance::baby:

Congratulations Kern! So glad to hear you had a great experience!

Notnic, so I can personally blame your mw? :haha:

Noshowjo, I really hope your dh will be better in time. It's definitely a life event you want your husband there for.

Krippy, that's good that they're letting you wait it out. My understanding is that if everything is going well then there doesn't seem to be a reason to make something happen when baby isn't ready.

Exactly Paris... Sure is hard to wait though ;)

I know! I never thought I'd feel like this but I would be so happy to go into labour at any time now. My doctor said that if the placenta and baby look good at my assessment next Friday then I could argue my case to wait all the way up to 42 weeks. I'm pretty sure I conceived late in my cycle (hence the surprise!) so there's a good chance I am actually just 39 weeks right now. Although at my ultrasound they dated me a week ahead so I don't know :shrug:

How's everyone feeling today?

Congrats Kern!

Just wanted to update that I had my baby last Saturday at 39 wks 3 days. I took a walk on the Friday evening before and it seemed to trigger something-I started feeling lots of pelvic pressure after and when I went back home at 9:30 pm and went to the toilet I saw the bloody show/mucus plug. It was a little shocking as I didn't expect things to start happening so fast. Anyway, I started hustling around- finished packing my bag, threw some clothes in the wash, left some reminders for DH etc- started having contractions (like period cramps) every 10 min and at one point, felt trickles running down my leg. I was like, "wow, this is really happening!" Told DH we had to go (he thought it was a false alarm). Checked into hospital at 1:30 am Saturday morning only 1 cm dilated but contractions got more and more intense through the morning and baby was born by 8:30 am!. It was super fast!! (what they say abt 2nd lbrs is really true)- I went from from 3 cm to 8/9 cm in an hr! With unbearable 'tear your hair out' contractions to go with it (I had a natural birth). Talk about intense...I don't think I ever want to do that again! Also the nurses didn't expect me to be ready to push when I was and couldn't find my doctor...they told me not to push while they ran trying to locate him and I ended up shitting on the delivery table- three times! :-/ Tried to hold it all in but the pressure of was just too much. Anyway finally doctor arrived and in a few pushes baby was out! Only 5 lbs 13 ozs- so thankfully no cuts or anything. I was in the hospital till Wed but am home now- enjoying my little boy. :)

All the best to those still waiting!

Congratulations on your baby boy, Zeri!! I totally pooped in the pool with dd2, it happens! Lol. Glad everything went smoothly for you :flower:

Congratulations Zeri!! What a diddy girl you've got. Can't believe how quick it was for you. Don't worry I'm almost certain I pooped with DS. I had such a long pushing stage I couldn't keep it in. :D

Nothing new here. I've done a lot of walking and bouncing here today. Need to get that baby back pressing on the exit button :haha:

Congratulations Zeri! So pleased for you :)
Nothing new here, bump has really dropped, but not getting any pains that I would consider a sign of impending labour. Getting a bit frustrated as if I haven't gone naturally by 41 weeks they're going to start talking about a csection, which I really don't want!
Have a week left to get this baby out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->