October ladies...it our month!!

Good luck makemeamammy! Wilsey any changes since the sweep?

Saw MW today, baby is 3/5ths engaged and still in perfect position but MW warned that I'll likely go overdue :(

How's everyone doing?

After being up since 330am with terrible heartburn that would not subside and starting mild contractions again this morning that I know are gonna stop...I'm going into my doctor appt today hormonal, exhausted, nearly crying, and BEGGING for a sweep at 5pm today lol.

No joy at my appointment either :( cervix not favourable enough. I've got another appointment for a week today and she seemed pretty sure they would definitely go ahead then and she's reassured me that they definitely won't let me go overdue so a bit disappointing but at least I know it'll be going ahead next week and definitely within the fortnight xx

I think thats the worst bit, the tiredness. And its not from being pregnant as such, but from the 'side effects' of pregnancy. Heartburn and a squashed bladder are keeping me awake a lot at night so then I'm tired and I feel emotional and hormonal.
I am so looking forward to being able to just lay down to sleep rather than having to sleep propped up.
I don't think my being over emotional is being helped by the fact that I can't even just lay and have a cuddle with DH (let alone try sex to get things moving) and I feel like I miss him which is silly really. Some women have their DH work away from home for days, weeks or even months on end.

I've been contracting all night, maybe 2 on a scale of 1-10 (0 being painless BH and 10 full blown contractions) but they haven't been getting worse or closer together. Sigh :dohh:

This is what happened last Sunday and it all fizzled out so I'm not expecting much.

We DTD yesterday afternoon, so might try again tonight. I'm absolutely exhausted from not sleeping and my son had a really bad night. We started our day at 5am today!

Hmm...just had blood and some mucus (sorry for tmi). Phoned hospital to let them know and they said it could be my show or just a little bit from my exam. I didn't think I'd get show as my cervix was high but soft but midwife said sometimes just a little prodding is enough to change everything so I just have to wait and see :shrug:

I had a sweep with DS1 and my cervix was high, thick, and barely a finger tip open and he arrived the next day so fingers crossed for you!

Had my appt yesterday evening, no sweep for me. Doc never offered and I couldn't bring myself to beg.... I am 3 cm 80% effaced and baby is nice and low (even contrary to everyone swearing I haven't dropped even though I swore I had! In their faces! Lol) Last wed I was 2-3cm and 40% so making changes which is nice. I almost got hit on thr freeway right before my exit to the clinic and when I got there my bp was 132/90, which concerned her so she made me stay and do a recheck after I felt calm. BP came down and all was fine. I was still getting contractions off and on last night, but they seem to have subsided again. I just wish it'd come and get it over with! This waiting is so frustrating.

Well its good that your making progress. I wonder how far its possible to get to before theres no way its going to stop once those pains start. I mean they class proper labour from 4cms. I was 3-4 cms when I went in for a sweep with DS3 and she said she thought I had started and he was born the same day.

Exactly 1 week today until due date! Its suddenly turned really cold, baby needs to hurry up so I can do my coat up again LOL

Well, I can tell you for certain that you can walk around at 4 cm for weeks lol. I did. And each labor I've had my labor literally stop dead at 6 cm. At that point we were committed to having a baby and going home didn't seem like the best idea, so doctor jumped started me both times. But how does active labor just stop? Just like that? First time breaking my water worked. The second time, they broke my water and I walked around and nothing happened, then they stuck me on the drip. My kids were always in a hurry to get here and started early, but when it was time be committed to labor they wanted to change their minds!

I didn't realise you could just stop at 6cm. I've seen people fail to progress and end up going to theatre, but not labour just halting. The first c-section I ever watched was a lady who failed to progress further than 4cm after being induced.

I've just phoned the midwife and they are going to get someone to phone me back as I have had a head ache since tuesday. I've had no other symptoms but thought best to play it safe.

Well, I can tell you for certain that you can walk around at 4 cm for weeks lol. I did. And each labor I've had my labor literally stop dead at 6 cm. At that point we were committed to having a baby and going home didn't seem like the best idea, so doctor jumped started me both times. But how does active labor just stop? Just like that? First time breaking my water worked. The second time, they broke my water and I walked around and nothing happened, then they stuck me on the drip. My kids were always in a hurry to get here and started early, but when it was time be committed to labor they wanted to change their minds!

I read that labour can stall if baby is not in an optimal position for birth, and that it can happen around 4-6cm.

I stalled at 5cm and had my first labour augmented, and this is what my doula thinks may have happened, as my baby was laying with her back to my right, facing my left, which is not the most optimal of positions. I believe my son is in the same position now! If it happens again this time, I plan on doing lots birth ball stuff to help encourage things to move on rather then accept induction right away.

I didn't realise you could just stop at 6cm. I've seen people fail to progress and end up going to theatre, but not labour just halting. The first c-section I ever watched was a lady who failed to progress further than 4cm after being induced.

Yep, contractions tapered off once I hit 6 cm and came to a dead stop. It was crap. And it happened both times, so I'm telling myself to expect it again. It's the most frustrating thing in the world. At that point, sending you home certainly could result in a baby being born on the side of a road lol. One minute they're telling you "We're having a baby tonight!" the next you're sitting there wondering where the pain went.

I've just phoned the midwife and they are going to get someone to phone me back as I have had a head ache since tuesday. I've had no other symptoms but thought best to play it safe.

:( Hopefully it's nothing, GL and keep us posted.

I read that labour can stall if baby is not in an optimal position for birth, and that it can happen around 4-6cm.

I stalled at 5cm and had my first labour augmented, and this is what my doula thinks may have happened, as my baby was laying with her back to my right, facing my left, which is not the most optimal of positions. I believe my son is in the same position now! If it happens again this time, I plan on doing lots birth ball stuff to help encourage things to move on rather then accept induction right away.

The doctor never mentioned either time that baby was in a bad position..I assume she would have told me if baby came out any way other than face down? I had a ton of back labor with both kids, which I've heard can mean baby is "sunny side up" but no one ever said anything once birth was over if they were.

Well I'm still waiting for a call back and my headache has decided to ease off a bit. Its still mildly there but nothing like it was.
Not sure what to do if its gone by the time she calls back. Do I still get checked or what?

I would think so? I mean that's a long headache :( If not maybe just head in if it returns?

:( Hopefully it's nothing, GL and keep us posted.

The doctor never mentioned either time that baby was in a bad position..I assume she would have told me if baby came out any way other than face down? I had a ton of back labor with both kids, which I've heard can mean baby is "sunny side up" but no one ever said anything once birth was over if they were.

It's not as simple as being sunny side up or not, back labour is the most common thing you hear of, but there are loads of different positions baby can be in and they can affect your labour. Read more about it here if you're interested: https://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/all-positions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->