October ladies...it our month!!

It looks beautiful, wonderful job!

Thanks for the compliments :) I love doing it. My favorite is making the sugar flowers these days! They can be made to look so real!

I think half of my impatience is caused by the thought that whether or not baby comes now or late October, I return to work a couple days a week November 1st. I teach cake decorating classes and this is the busiest time of the year. Thankfully its only a few hours in the evening (poor dh...bedtime for the older kids) but I dread it already and don't want to spend 3 hours away from my baby if he/she is only a week or 2 old... going off my first two births we assumed we would be having a baby by 39 weeks for sure. I feel like that won't happen right now. Bah.

your returning to work!! OMG your mad (albeit I assume it ness). so hoping baby realises this and gets a move on.

Wow there some amazing cakes. I do not have the patients/or skill for that sort of thing.

would be amazing to do something you love for a career.

I can bake a cake but decorating them, that's another story. They all taste amazing but look like a 2 year old assembled it.

I made this amazing tiered lemon cream cake for my brothers party when he returned from the marines. It was my cake and a bunch of bakery cakes and everyone who tasted my cake said it was the best cake they had ever tasted but man if it didn't look like a disaster. My frosting was sloppy and on everything and then I tried to make it look more marine-like. Ummmm REALLY bad idea. It just sort of looked sad.

I love looking at pictures of all these awesome cakes and read the instructions and think hey, that sounds easy, I can do that. Uh, no I can't.

When I was in preschool when they had the parents visit they would take all the kids' pictures and put them out on a table and the names were all on the back and they would ask each parent to see if they can identify which one their child drew. They all had sun's and houses or people and cute things. Mine was just a scribbled mess. My mom was able to identify mine right away.

I have zero artistic ability.

I love baking for the kids birthdays but am not great at decorating. I give it a go but its all very basic. My best one has to be a pirate face I did for DS1 for his 2nd birthday. His now 7 LOL

TMI while we are all talking about cakes ect but I just went to pee and had some bloody show! No pains atm, which is odd seeing as I've spent every evening having braxton hicks and the baby has decided to go mental after being quite quiet the past few days.

Yay to bloody show! Still nothing here but baby has been super quiet today which is starting to worry me a bit. I've had a couple of wee jabs but nothing like as much as usual! I even had a cold glass of water and sat still but still nothing :( anyone else have this? I'm hoping its just becaus baby has so little space to move now x

My little man has been quieter than usual. His going mental right now, but the past 2-3 days his not been moving as much and a bit gentler. I think its down to lack of space.

Speaking of birth AND cakes, I once saw a baby shower cake that was a woman's legs spread with the head coming out lol

I just don't think kids I make are destined to come out before 40 weeks! Everyone seems to be having bloody shows waaaaaaa

Had a growth scan and baby is estimated at 3.5kgs (7lbs 7oz) already!

Hahhaha I've seen that cake too!! My friend wanted me to do that for her shower, we decided it was a bit vulgar for a shower lol.

I baked 4 batches of cookies tonight, not even a twinge. I'd hoped being on my feet might do something. Spent a good 2 hours on the exercise ball today. Was rewarded with cramps but that's it. I am sick of being pregnant. My lady parts ache, and I wanna sleeo on my tummy now. This baby has stayed pretty active lately, apparently he or she is not making any plans for a grand escape anytime soon lol. Anyone else wipe after using the bathroom, inspect, then desperately wipe again praying you just missed the bloody show with the first wipe? I keep finding myself doing this.....

Will keep my fingers crossed for you motherofboys that something is happening!

Hahhaha I've seen that cake too!! My friend wanted me to do that for her shower, we decided it was a bit vulgar for a shower lol.

I baked 4 batches of cookies tonight, not even a twinge. I'd hoped being on my feet might do something. Spent a good 2 hours on the exercise ball today. Was rewarded with cramps but that's it. I am sick of being pregnant. My lady parts ache, and I wanna sleeo on my tummy now. This baby has stayed pretty active lately, apparently he or she is not making any plans for a grand escape anytime soon lol. Anyone else wipe after using the bathroom, inspect, then desperately wipe again praying you just missed the bloody show with the first wipe? I keep finding myself doing this.....

Will keep my fingers crossed for you motherofboys that something is happening!

Haha yes! I check twice each time I use the bathroom to make sure I didn't miss anything. But so far, no show/plug. My baby has also been very active lately. The good thing about this is that earlier in the pregnancy, she'd get really active at night. But now, she's active during the day instead. Perhaps this means she'll have that schedule when she's born? One can hope!

Lol! My baby did the exact opposite. Had a great schedule till the last month or so. Turd!

Lol! My baby did the exact opposite. Had a great schedule till the last month or so. Turd!

Mine too!! All movements were during the day with a little around 9pm before bed and then would calm down over night. Now, baby's quiet a lot during the day and mega active at night. All through the night! It sucks.

I think my friends are trying to kill me - my bestie just bought round a bottle of fav wine for after the birth. So now I have possibly 3 weeks of staring at it - NOT joyful!

Although this weekend we have nearly got the nursery finished (just gotta do the gloss work tomorrow), have all the baby clothes washed, have bought all the last bits for hospital bag, have shaved, polished and buffed every part of the body in prep. So if baby wouldn't mind making an appearance I would super greatful.

I just know he will come when I am not prepared. For that reason I purposely didn't shave my legs in the bath tonight LOL I also almost didn't hoover because I thought "I bet if the carpets a state then I'll have to call the midwife and I wont be able to hoover it as they boys will all be asleep and I wont want to wake them and I'll be there in labour stressing about her judging the cleanliness of my carpets" but in the end I did it, hoping that the activity would be good for me.

I shave my legs about once a fortnight at the moment. It's just too damn difficult to do! Lol. I know the moment I go into labour, I'm gonna in that bath shaving my legs.

I've been trying the unprepared approach, going out shopping and arranging days out with friends/family. Hasn't put me in labour yet. Maybe I need to take my maternity notes out the car.

Ha...trying to trick ourselves into thinking we dont care. Love it.

Ive done the opposite...everything is ready...so if he feels like coming i wud be greatful

If i didnt have a toddler wud defd go into hibernation for the week.

The one thing I don't have ready is the moses which is still in the back room. I want to bring it out in case it is the middle of the night his born, you have to go through 2 of the boys bedroom to get into the back room. But I also know that the cat will be in it if I bring it out. I'm hoping if the 2 cats associate it with a screaming baby they might leave it alone LOL They always steered clear of DS3 when he was a baby as they didn't like his wailing LOL

Maybe that's what jinxed me yesterday! I woke with contractions in the AM, nothing heavy, and we decided to go for a walk at the mall as it was raining here. Threw the hospital bags in the car just in case. Contractions stopped after about 45 minutes of walking. Never should have put those bags in the car...... :dohh:

Anyone getting any twinges or anything? I'm not sure how much plug could possibly be in there, I have been wiping this "snot-like" mucous for 2 weeks and it's increased yesterday and today. I was starting to worry I was getting a yeast infection because I was getting itchy, but once I started using a wet wipe on my lady parts after using the bathroom the itch went away. The mucous seems to be making me itch if I don't take a trip to the bathroom to clean up frequently. Anyone else???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"