October/November 2012 Babies

It's been awhile how are you mommas doing?

Morgans eye seems to have finally cleared up! It's been a week now since we had to deal with the yucky eye and the swelling is gone...yay :happydance:

I can't believe how big she is getting. She is such a happy little girl and gives lots of smiles and giggles.

Carolyn is 13 lbs! She just turned 9 weeks and I can't believe I will be going back to work at the end of this month. I am really dreading it as I am worried my DH isn't going to care for her like I do. Thankfully my mom and dad are going to step in and help him, so I don't have to worry too much as my mom and dad are just great with her. She loves sleeping on her grampy. We are still dealing with bottle refusal. We met with a lactation consultant, and she said to just try every day at the same time, and to try to catch her when she is asleep. When she is asleep she will drink it down for my DH, but if she is awake she will fight it tooth and nail. She also suggested that we hold a paci in her mouth a few times a day to make her practice the different sucking motion. We aren't getting very far, and I am so worried about that going back to work since I will be gone for more than 48 hours at a time. So she can't reverse cycle and eat at night like a lot of BF babies choose to do. Very stressful, but I guess if she gets hungry enough she will eat and she shouldn't be so stubborn. (just like daddy)
I feel like over all we are doing pretty well. She hates the car seat and stroller, so I am a prisoner in my own home. I am pretty resentful of that as I really miss walking my dog every day, and I am not losing any of that weight I put on in first tri sitting around in the house with her. I just can't stand to hear her cry if there is really no good reason. If I am changing her diaper or something necessary, then I can stand it, but if it's just for my own convenience then I am not cool with it at all. I am getting really sick of people telling me to just let her cry.
I am trying to acclimate her to baby wearing at the very least. I had 4 different styles of carriers at one point and I have returned 2 of them. I am trying to learn the most I can about them, and it's seriously addicting. There are some beautiful wraps out there and damn are they expensive! So far I have had some limited success. I joined a local baby wearing group on FB and someone had pity on me and came to my neighborhood park to help me learn how to put her in a ring sling, and my Beco carrier. She was asleep during most of it and it was amazing, but I haven't had the same kind of success doing it on my own. Today was the best day so far as she fell asleep, but she pretty much slept all day so I think she was just extra tired.
Do you guys have days when your LO's sleep tons and then others when they are really wakeful? I always worry, but I try to remind myself that she is probably just working really hard at growing. I don't feel so well right now. I am fighting off a cold I think, and I am worried she is too.
well, I need to go pump. Just wanted to say hi and see how every one is doing.

Hi viking. I am the same way when my baby cries. I do not like it. I hope she gets adjusted soon so you can feel more comfortable going back to work. I couldn't imagine leaving my babies. Now that its 2013, my oldest turns 5 and starts school and I'm already freaking out about that. I have never used a carrier so I have no advice there for you, but yes some days Lanay sleeps a lot more than others. Everyone always says its her growing. She goes to her checkup Wednesday so I will update after that.
Hope everyone else is getting the hang of the newborn thing and enjoying their little ones. :)

Hi Viking.. Wow ur really have a hard time huh? I hope everything gets better for u and LO..
Yes I have days and nights where she sleeps good and other times wide awAke...

Man she goes in tomorrow for her two month shots and she still has a cold r they going to be able to give her shots still?

Is this cold ever gonna get better?

She hates the car seat and stroller, so I am a prisoner in my own home. I am pretty resentful of that as I really miss walking my dog every day, and I am not losing any of that weight I put on in first tri sitting around in the house with her. I just can't stand to hear her cry if there is really no good reason. If I am changing her diaper or something necessary, then I can stand it, but if it's just for my own convenience then I am not cool with it at all. I am getting really sick of people telling me to just let her cry.
I am trying to acclimate her to baby wearing at the very least. I had 4 different styles of carriers at one point and I have returned 2 of them. I am trying to learn the most I can about them, and it's seriously addicting. There are some beautiful wraps out there and damn are they expensive! So far I have had some limited success. I joined a local baby wearing group on FB and someone had pity on me and came to my neighborhood park to help me learn how to put her in a ring sling, and my Beco carrier. She was asleep during most of it and it was amazing, but I haven't had the same kind of success doing it on my own. Today was the best day so far as she fell asleep, but she pretty much slept all day so I think she was just extra tired.
Do you guys have days when your LO's sleep tons and then others when they are really wakeful? I always worry, but I try to remind myself that she is probably just working really hard at growing. I don't feel so well right now. I am fighting off a cold I think, and I am worried she is too.
well, I need to go pump. Just wanted to say hi and see how every one is doing.

Josalyn hates riding in the car too! We just got back from an hour long trip. She cried and screamed the whole time :( I hate it and keep car rides to a minimum. That's reay the only time she cries.

Also, I'm becoming a huge fan of baby wearing! I have a ring sling and a moby. I've had the ring sling since she was about a week old. I just figured out the nursing position though! Til yesterday when I would try it, it seemed like the fabric would always go over her face. But ingot it yesterday! And I love the Moby. She falls asleep in about 2 minutes every time!

I've never tried the Beco. I've never seen a sling meet around here (Texas). They seem like a good idea!

And my LO sleeps different times every day. Sometimes her naps are an hour or less, sometimes 2. If I put her in my bed and we nap together they're sometimes 4-5 hours! :)

Ami I'm from louisiana we r neighbors lol!!!

So off to the dr for her shots.. Ugh not looking forward to this at ALL!!

Good luck annie. They may not give her shots. All doctors are different. Mine won't if baby has a fever.

Wel they gave her her shots .. Oh man it was so hard seein her scream .. My poor baby!!!

Said I can give her tynonle if he needs it..

She is weighin 9lb 10 ounces yay!!

Not he sorry damn auto correct!! If she needs it.. My bad

And she woke up from her nap screaming bloody murder like a cry I never heard of so they told me to give tynole but no dose so I'm waiting on dr to call me back...

My LO had her 2 month check today too. Got her shots, but I haven't seen any real side effects from it yet. She's just over 13 and a half pounds and she's grown 2 inches from her check last month. Way to grow baby!

Wow book..that's Awsome!!!
The only real side affects I have saw is fussy fussy.. But tynole helped alot!!

Do y'all babies ever eat her regular feeding and then next time she only eats half of what she usually eats?

Like bentlie usually eats 4 oz every 5 hours but today and this mornin she only ate that once.. She only been wanting 2 ounces..

I'm so ticked off!!!

My swing I got just before bentlie was Born isnt working..
I put brand new batteries in it and its barely moving...
:(

decreased appetite could be from the shots, not to worry, she should be back to normal soon enough.

When Josalyn got her shots it was so sad hearing that pain scream! I may have cried a little... :) She didn't really have side effects that I noticed, other than taking her longest nap ever- a little over 5 hours! She didn't go to bed early that night!

And idk how much LO eats exactly since I'm BFing. Sometimes she takes both sides though where she'll normally only take one.

Sorry about your swing Annie!

Aim so ur not pumping to see how much she is actually taking?

That must be hard.. Like I'm always making sure she is eating enough..

I have jury duty on the 28th I sure hope they don't make me talk in front of everyone lol

Nah, I pump occasionally to leave some for OH if I want to run to town. I feed on demand, so she normally eats 10-12 times a day. Sometimes more! I feed her when she's hungry til she's full! :)

Plus I've heard pumping isn't an accurate measurement of how much LO is getting from BFing. Babies are more efficient at getting milk out than pumps are :)

Nah, I pump occasionally to leave some for OH if I want to run to town. I feed on demand, so she normally eats 10-12 times a day. Sometimes more! I feed her when she's hungry til she's full! :)

Plus I've heard pumping isn't an accurate measurement of how much LO is getting from BFing. Babies are more efficient at getting milk out than pumps are :)

yep, babies are much more effective than pumps. i pump exclusively and get at least 6 oz every time.

Oh wow that's a full time job breast feeding huh?

I tried it when my milk came in and I was producing tons but I only wanted to pump so I stopped bc they said I had to pump every 2-3 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->