October/November 2012 Babies

Nope, not hungry or dirty. She keeps going to sleep for a half an hour at a time then waking up. Maybe she's starting to teethe? Or maybe she's just having a weird day. Idk. Ugh, I'm so sleepy!

Aimee, my girl is doing the same. Really fighting sleep like crazy now. From what I am reading it is because right now they are developing rapidly. Their brain is growing and changing a lot which is difficult for them, and causes sleep disturbances. I know that isn't very helpful, but maybe it will at least explain why your LO is acting this way. I am reading the book The Wonder Weeks and that has helped me at least understand why she acts this way, but it's still frustrating when you are exhausted and you know they are too, but they won't sleep.

yep my LO is the same, fighting sleep soooooo much. it makes sense that they are developing a lot at the mo as they are all the same age within days, and i have noticed a lot over changes in S over the last week.

Hi ladies. Just caught up reading...sorry I've been MIA. Having major back problems so I have been trying to rest as much as I can. I am having xrays done on Monday so I hope that we get some answers soon, my back keeps going numb and its starting to get worse and worse...anyway!
Baby Lanay is doing great! She's up to 13lbs 4oz and is 23 1/2 inches long. She's amazing and she's such a great baby! She gets a bath at 6:30 at night and is in bed at 7. She sleeps til 3, eats, goes back to sleep and wakes up between 6-7 eats again then will sleep til 10 or 11. After that she has short little naps throughout the day but is really good! :)
I, too, don't pay attention to every 3 or 4 hours to feed her, I just feed her when she cries and nothing else works. Sometimes she eats 3oz and sometimes she eats 8. So we usually just make 4oz at a time and go from there.
This is my 3rd baby so it is really crazy in my house with 3 kids ages 4 and under but I love it!

Hope all is well. Love the pics of the babies!! :)

Hi ladies. Just caught up reading...sorry I've been MIA. Having major back problems so I have been trying to rest as much as I can. I am having xrays done on Monday so I hope that we get some answers soon, my back keeps going numb and its starting to get worse and worse...anyway!
Baby Lanay is doing great! She's up to 13lbs 4oz and is 23 1/2 inches long. She's amazing and she's such a great baby! She gets a bath at 6:30 at night and is in bed at 7. She sleeps til 3, eats, goes back to sleep and wakes up between 6-7 eats again then will sleep til 10 or 11. After that she has short little naps throughout the day but is really good! :)
I, too, don't pay attention to every 3 or 4 hours to feed her, I just feed her when she cries and nothing else works. Sometimes she eats 3oz and sometimes she eats 8. So we usually just make 4oz at a time and go from there.
This is my 3rd baby so it is really crazy in my house with 3 kids ages 4 and under but I love it!

Hope all is well. Love the pics of the babies!! :)

Wow, 3 kids under 4! You're Wonder Woman! I thought it was tough with just one!! :) I really hope you can get an answer for your back problems soon!

On another note:
Another thing that's making this sleep thing with Josalyn a bit frustrating, is that the last couple of days she will ONLY settle for me. Her dad tries several times a day to give me a break, like earlier he took her so I could get a nap since she'd kept me up so much. But she just SCREAMED for about a half an hour! As soon as I have up hope for a nap and took her back she was calm and happy.

She wants me when she's awake and will accept no one else. And no one else can get her to sleep. OHs father lives with us as well and as of about 2 weeks ago he could get her to sleep almost every time.

Now she will barely tolerate him holding her, and then it's only for a couple of minutes. She'll stay calm and happy for daddy for maybe 10 minutes at a time, then it's back to tears until I get her again.

It can get exhausting! I put her in my moby about an hour ago and she's been sleeping peacefully. I'm finally getting to cook lunch (its 4:37 pm!) :)

Aimee, my girl is doing the same. Really fighting sleep like crazy now. From what I am reading it is because right now they are developing rapidly. Their brain is growing and changing a lot which is difficult for them, and causes sleep disturbances. I know that isn't very helpful, but maybe it will at least explain why your LO is acting this way. I am reading the book The Wonder Weeks and that has helped me at least understand why she acts this way, but it's still frustrating when you are exhausted and you know they are too, but they won't sleep.

Thanks! I'll look up the wonder weeks. I just figured she had decided she's been too easy of a baby for too long and needed to give me a hard time! :)

Wow! Wonder weeks! I can't decide if she's still in wonder week 8 or going into 12. I'm thinking 12... She's been making so many new noises every day, strange squeals, moans, grunts that she never made before. She's starting to hold onto things-like my hair! But she doesn't reach out for things...and she's been blowing bubbles. :) I called her a rabid animal yesterday, lol.

U know bentlie did that today she would sleep for bout 15-30 mins and then wide awake.. Poor baby is so tired u can see it in her eyes.. We own out way to go get groceries n she finally fell asleep.. Nope take that back she is awake.. I don't understand why she can't sleep..

What is wrong with ur back? Sounds like epi messed something up?

Aimee- Eli is the same way. He just doesn't want much to do with daddy! I'm sure they'll grow out of it eventually, but it's really exhausting in the meantime.

Aimee- Eli is the same way. He just doesn't want much to do with daddy! I'm sure they'll grow out of it eventually, but it's really exhausting in the meantime.

Yeah, I'm sure she'll outgrow it. I know it disappoints OH though- he tries so hard! He sings to her, dances with her, cuddles, bounces, pats... Nothing works for him :(

Then I take her and she's content again. Poor guy!

My dh is pretty broken up about it. He's very frustrated and discouraged.

Our poor guys! I told OH that soon she'll be a daddy's girl and I'll want my clingy baby back!

Lol @ the wonder woman! Some days I do feel like I'm just non stop and I just want to SLEEP as soon as the baby is in bed at 7 but then I still have another hour or 2 until I get the other two asleep.

Lanay does fight her sleep from about 3-6. Things that usually help:swing, bouncer, noise (washer or dryer), water running, she's not much into the car rides. But, I can put her in the car seat then put it into the stroller and go for a walk and she's asleep almost instantly but as soon as I stop she's up again. They grow out of it. My oldest was really bad. And yes, some babies just love their mamas! Remember: it won't be like this for long. I suggest that song at times like that, the one by Darius Rucker. It helps get through those hard times...

Well at least y'all's dh r trying.. Mine won't even try he says he is scared to hurt her!!! It's really pissing me off...

Bentlie grunts n wiggles usually that's why she can't sleep... Dr said its just gas but some days n nights r worse than others it's crazy.. And when do they outgrow this gas? I'm thinking its the cereal they have had her on cereal since a week old.. For gerd and reflux and projecting vomit which the vomiting has stopped but I know if inpull her off the cereal I won't be able to fill her up.. So I'm damned if I do damned if I dont!!

It breaks my heart when her face turns red and she is grunting really loud and wiggling all over and there is nothing I can do but hold her r watch.. It's so sad I have tried gripe water drops I use dr browns bottles and she burps good.. :(

Sorry for the rant just wish something would get better and my baby can be happy again..

Omg I'm a horriable parent..

So I layed bentlie down at 11 pm in her swing she was out .. Well I heard her farting and moving so I was about to get up and I heard thud.. She had feel out a non moving swing face down on carpet!!! I'm so sick to my stomach!!!! What do I do? Should I go to er? What?

Annie, you aren't a horrible parent. I never use the buckles because it's so hard to get my LO to fall asleep that I don't dare wake her when I am finally able to put her down at night. Also, I'd like to give you my 2 cents on cereal. I know it was doctor's orders, but cereal has very few calories in comparison to milk. You may want to try a feeding without cereal and see how your LO does reflux wise. The cereal will help them sleep better is a bit of a myth I'm afraid. I don't have a link to back myself up, but I have read that in several places while studying up on breast feeding. Many moms give up BFing to give formula and cereal in hopes their babies will sleep longer. However the cereal is even more quickly digested than milk and less satisfying because there is no fat. JMHO and feel free to ignore.
I am really frustrated with my LO. I can't decide which wonder week she is at either, Aimee. She has me as a hostage in my own home. She SCREAMS in the car seat, stroller and baby carriers ( I have tried 5 different kinds with very limited success). My arms are about to fall off from holding her as she refuses to let me put her down. Cooking a meal. Forget it. I survive on ritz and Oreos when DH is at work which is a lot. I am about at my wits end with her. The wanting mommy only is also common at this age according to the WW book. They are tough little nuts to crack aren't they?

Oh yes, very tough! Mine has me up today at 5:30. Yesterday it was 6. Normally it is 8:30ish, then back down til 11 or so. I miss my sleep! Yesterday after she woke up at 6 she was up again crying every 20-30 minutes for a lot of the day!

Ugh. Here's to hoping she goes back to sleep! For another 6 hours hopefully!!

Viking~ thanks so much for ur HO!!!! I think I'm going to try a feeding without cereal just to see if she throws up then I know to keep adding cereal!!

Poor Viking u must be so tired!! What is a wonder week?

A wonder week is a period of time when they are making a leap in mental development. The book was recommended to me somewhere, maybe here? I can't remember anything these days because I am so exhausted. However, it has helped me a little to not be completely frustrated with C all the time. It explains why you see the behaviors we are all talking about. It is still really hard, but at least I know there is a reason she is making me crazy. I bought it on my kindle, but mostly use my kindle app on my iPhone to read it when she's nursing or in the middle of the night after I'm awake from walking the dog while my husband tries to give her a bottle. I'm awake normally for 3-4 hours while she is sleeping. Not so good, but my dog needs her exercise and I do too. But then I have a hard time going back to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->