October/November Conkers 2021***

@daniyaaq whereabouts are you? That's an awful long wait!! How r u feeling Now? Xx

I’m in Australia, with the winter coming in ED gets a bit rough some days.. feeling much better, been awake since 3am. Just got news one of my family members overseas passed from Covid so that’s stressing me out a bit.

just gotta get through this day and then it’s scan day. So glad I chose a morning scan this time around.

I’m in Australia, with the winter coming in ED gets a bit rough some days.. feeling much better, been awake since 3am. Just got news one of my family members overseas passed from Covid so that’s stressing me out a bit.

just gotta get through this day and then it’s scan day. So glad I chose a morning scan this time around.

I'm so so sorry for your loss! Was you close? Australia wow one of the places I seriously want to go but think I'd be too scared (spiders, snakes, crocs etc) it's 9.30pm here what time is it there? Xx

I'm so so sorry for your loss! Was you close? Australia wow one of the places I seriously want to go but think I'd be too scared (spiders, snakes, crocs etc) it's 9.30pm here what time is it there? Xx

it’s 6:30am. Haha honestly though most people who visit Australia will visit the cities, spiders snakes and crocs are in the outback/country areas. I’ve lived here for over 16 years and still haven’t seen the crocs. I don’t even see snakes that often and I live regionally now.

@daniyaaq Have u seen any super scary ones? I. Fascinated by it all! My daughter and I watch a lot of nature documentaries and Australia has always been our fav lol x

Where I am we have lots of lizards from small ones to really big scary ones. Even my kids love camping out bush and they haven’t encountered any scary stuff, just a kangaroo or family of roos, you see lots of those around here.

@daniyaaq Have u seen any super scary ones? I. Fascinated by it all! My daughter and I watch a lot of nature documentaries and Australia has always been our fav lol x

i have seen some poisonous snakes but not really big ones. I’ve also been bitten by spider that was weirdly cool, (see I grew up where there was lots and lots of house spiders, never thought I would ever say I been bitten by spider) it wasn’t poisonous, pain was really weak, but then again I was comparing it to a scorpion sting, that sent me to hospital.

The only moment I’ve felt scared was one day I was driving just out of town, wasn’t even that early probably around 7am, there was a family of kangaroos on the road, and they had huge ones too bigger than my car, they intimidated me for a few minutes, stop when I stop and hop/run faster when I move basically chasing the car, eventually they went their way. I love the little joeys and we often hang around them by the river but the big adults can be quite aggressive.

@daniyaaq im so sorry to hear about your relative. Hugs! I think the morning scans are best! Not much waiting around then!

@daniyaaq from what I’ve watched on tv kangaroos can be scary! Really strong by the looks of it.

yes the adult kangaroos are scary, they grow so big and strong and they aren’t afraid of people. Don’t wanna mess with those, especially the wild ones.

Honestly, Australia is the last place I want to visit because of the spiders and bugs etc... I couldn't handle it!! Even hawaii if you don't stay in a nice resort you'll find lots of bugs and flying cockroaches etc. Beautiful tropical places - the bugs like them too!

My scan is at 1pm so I will have to wait all morning! But the girl said it was a good time to book because it's after lunch, so no one will be running behind and I won't have to wait in the waiting room for a late appt. Ugh 9 more days I just can't wait!!! I think we have settled on names - Eden for a girl and Charlie for a boy now. Or at least I have. DH won't put up too much of a fight on the 4th I don't think, we don't have too many choices left since most of our friends have 3 kids and have taken names we like.

@Catmumof4 our ED waits here (in Vancouver BC) are even longer than Dani's! But everything is free at least. Thankfully my GP has an urgent care clinic every day from 8-9 so if anything is up with the kids I can call and get them seen in the morning. Otherwise appointments take a few weeks to get.

Also @daniyaaq I definitely am feeling a tiny bit worse today for missing the pills yesterday, but I think I'm going to just take 1 this afternoon and try that for a few days - 1 am, 1 afternoon, 2 bedtime. It's a start!!

@Reiko_ctu i guess that’s a bonus if you don’t have to wait. Even at early scans we always seem to be waiting!!!! I’m loving your name choices! Have you thought of middle names? Only 9 days till you know! So exciting!

Honestly you should all visit, I promise to take you to places with no bugs :rofl:

I would love to visit Canada but I hate cold weather. One day though. Too scared to go to the US.

Honestly you should all visit, I promise to take you to places with no bugs :rofl:

I would love to visit Canada but I hate cold weather. One day though. Too scared to go to the US.
Yeah near Vancouver is nice because our weather is very temperate. We do get a lot of rain but it’s rarely below 5 Celsius or above 30 Celsius at the extremes. July is the nicest month here. But elsewhere in Canada, even in BC but further North, it gets to be -40 Celsius with windchill and lots of snow! Not my thing either.

If you’re telling me there’s a bug free part of Oz then I’m sure we’ll make it down there some day. Vancouverites seem to love It down there so we do know lots of people who have moved down there. We have a lot of Australians in the Vancouver area too, especially Whistler.

@Mummy2Corban Peter is definitely our boy middle name. For Eden I like Elizabeth or Skye but actually a lot of things sound good with it so not really stuck on anything yet. We always try to do meaningful family middle names but we’ve used most of the girl ones we’d like to. We have some lovely names among our siblings but I don’t feel like I could choose to name my child after their aunt when they have 4 aunts we are equally as close with… probably hurt someone’s feelings and make someone get on their high horse, know what I mean? We usually use our grandparents but the only name left is Evelyn and it’s not my favorite. Anyway that’s a rant. Thanks for the compliment on the names :)

@Reiko_ctu I’ll consider a visit in July one day escape the Australian winter. I like Eden and Evelyn but probably not together. I’ve always found it interesting when people get upset because a child wasn’t named after them. It’s weird to me. Miss5 middle name is from one of my Aunties, I have 4, no one else complained or said anything.

@Reiko_ctu I’ll consider a visit in July one day escape the Australian winter. I like Eden and Evelyn but probably not together. I’ve always found it interesting when people get upset because a child wasn’t named after them. It’s weird to me. Miss5 middle name is from one of my Aunties, I have 4, no one else complained or said anything.
Yeah it’s probably more just my worries, about someone getting upset. Also the name I like the best is the one we’re least close with haha. How is your name search coming this time around?

Yeah it’s probably more just my worries, about someone getting upset. Also the name I like the best is the one we’re least close with haha. How is your name search coming this time around?

not really done any. I tend to leave it to last minute anyway just don’t feel like stressing about it. I’m sure it will come

not really done any. I tend to leave it to last minute anyway just don’t feel like stressing about it. I’m sure it will come
Yeah and when you’re feeling like crap it’s no use trying to do it. I didn’t feel like talking about names till last week. I’ll probably bring it up this week sometime before our scan next week so we have our names hopefully sorted when we find out.

did you have boys names picked out for your previous girls that you still like?

@Reiko_ctu i actually didn’t, I didn’t pick a name for my first until I knew she was a girl. With number 2 I toyed around names I liked very early on like 6-8weeks then completely put it to the back of my mind, she was proper named the day after she was born. There’s a fairly good chance sane will happen this time, I know for fact if it’s a girl get middle name will be Ruth, after my aunt who just passed away.

i have seen some poisonous snakes but not really big ones. I’ve also been bitten by spider that was weirdly cool, (see I grew up where there was lots and lots of house spiders, never thought I would ever say I been bitten by spider) it wasn’t poisonous, pain was really weak, but then again I was comparing it to a scorpion sting, that sent me to hospital.

The only moment I’ve felt scared was one day I was driving just out of town, wasn’t even that early probably around 7am, there was a family of kangaroos on the road, and they had huge ones too bigger than my car, they intimidated me for a few minutes, stop when I stop and hop/run faster when I move basically chasing the car, eventually they went their way. I love the little joeys and we often hang around them by the river but the big adults can be quite aggressive.
Omg that does sound scary! Knowing me id just want to hug one haha!! Wow bitten by a spider, I was bitten by a false widow on the hand and it got really swollen and the skin felt tight but some antihistamines got rid of That!

@Reiko_ctu omg longer waits! I'm quite lucky I live in a smaller town uk, gp appointments you ring on the day and they call you back and can prescribe via telephone or get you to come in, a&e longest wait I have had is 3hrs but that was heaving around Xmas time, if i have a problem with baby ring day assessment unit or delivery suite and they get you in the same day usually just say come in now and they have a bed ready for you! I also love the names! I was leaning towards Olivia of ours but it seems sooo popular atm I'm not sure on it!!
I also love Canada but again Canadian geese scare the poopiesout of me, I was feeding one in the park when I was very little and didn't let go of the bread fast enough so it chased me for ages and I just remember my mum laughing and saying probably stay away from the Canadian geese from now on! I couldn't tell the geese apart at that age so I'm now afraid of all geese

@daniyaaq could you imagine your partners face if we all descended on you for a killer-bug free tour of Australia LMAO!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->