October/November Conkers 2021***

Tons of us close to the halfway Mark... so great! Things might get tougher physically from this point out with growing bumps... but so exciting to be halfway done!!

My countdown app says 10 days till ultrasound and 65 days till Mat leave :). The owner of my clinic is calling today to have a “goal setting meeting” (which I don’t really think is appropriate for self employed contractors like me tbh, she’s not my boss) but I will tell her my end date then and that I’m terminating my contract because I’m taking 18 months leave!!
Woo boo!

I told her I’d pick up some extra shifts once I was off medical leave but I can’t be bothered, it’s summer here and we just want all the free days to do fun things and not worry about a work schedule.

@Reiko_ctu i feel like it’s so crazy that we are all around the half way mark! It doesn’t seem possible! 10 days till your scan! Whoop! I don’t blame you for not taking extra shifts with the girls being off and having some sun!

Hi all so many cute scan pics!! My 20 week scan I didn't get a great profile shot but I got a lovely one of her foot (will attempt to upload)

I self discharged after 16 hrs of constant fluids and no end in sight. I feel ok now tho and happy to be in my own bed with my fan!! Hope your all ok?!

Xxx

Tons of us close to the halfway Mark... so great! Things might get tougher physically from this point out with growing bumps... but so exciting to be halfway done!!

My countdown app says 10 days till ultrasound and 65 days till Mat leave :). The owner of my clinic is calling today to have a “goal setting meeting” (which I don’t really think is appropriate for self employed contractors like me tbh, she’s not my boss) but I will tell her my end date then and that I’m terminating my contract because I’m taking 18 months leave!!
Woo boo!

I told her I’d pick up some extra shifts once I was off medical leave but I can’t be bothered, it’s summer here and we just want all the free days to do fun things and not worry about a work schedule.

wow 65 days till leave. When do you plan on finishing?

@Catmumof4 nothing better than your own bed! Hopefully all will be ok! Super cute scan picture of babies foot! I had a similar one with one of my babies!

wow 65 days till leave. When do you plan on finishing?
I was going to work to 32 weeks which is in sept. But my back hurt after a few shifts so I decided to stop earlier. Here we can take out maternity leave starting at 28 weeks so I will do it then which is August 8 and my last day will by the 12th. I only took 12 months with my other babies but we are allowed 18 so I’ll take the full 18 this time and just start early! I’ve got a very physical job so I’ve never worked up until the end. Was a bit bored in the last few weeks with my 1st but now the kids will keep me busy enough. And I can maybe use the time to prep the crib and laundry and even buying boys clothes if need be :D :D

plus our Covid benefits go until mid September so if I go off earlier, so I will actually get paid more than if I wait XD. I would only get about $700 a month on my regular benefits but I’ll get $2000 if I’m on Covid benefits. I would qualify for more of Covid hadn’t shut down my work for 4 months last year, so that’s kinda lame but I’ll take what I can get especially because DH is doing a bit of side work and that’s really enough to cover my mat leave.

Forgot to take my nausea pills this aft... feeling ok now but dreading tomorrow’s effect. Praying it doesn’t throw me off so much as I’m further along now!

I was going to work to 32 weeks which is in sept. But my back hurt after a few shifts so I decided to stop earlier. Here we can take out maternity leave starting at 28 weeks so I will do it then which is August 8 and my last day will by the 12th. I only took 12 months with my other babies but we are allowed 18 so I’ll take the full 18 this time and just start early! I’ve got a very physical job so I’ve never worked up until the end. Was a bit bored in the last few weeks with my 1st but now the kids will keep me busy enough. And I can maybe use the time to prep the crib and laundry and even buying boys clothes if need be :D :D

plus our Covid benefits go until mid September so if I go off earlier, so I will actually get paid more than if I wait XD. I would only get about $700 a month on my regular benefits but I’ll get $2000 if I’m on Covid benefits. I would qualify for more of Covid hadn’t shut down my work for 4 months last year, so that’s kinda lame but I’ll take what I can get especially because DH is doing a bit of side work and that’s really enough to cover my mat leave.

Forgot to take my nausea pills this aft... feeling ok now but dreading tomorrow’s effect. Praying it doesn’t throw me off so much as I’m further along now!

that makes sense. I would go early if I could, I keep doing the math but so far I think I will leave September, just not sure which end of the month. But definitely won’t work past that.

hope that nausea doesn’t get you. I get so anxious at the thought of not taking my meds but also really wanting to wean off them.

at hospital as right now for some fluids, BP dropped down to 70/40 I was feeling so dizzy and faint, I was lucky to be at the doctors this morning because that is scary low.

that makes sense. I would go early if I could, I keep doing the math but so far I think I will leave September, just not sure which end of the month. But definitely won’t work past that.

hope that nausea doesn’t get you. I get so anxious at the thought of not taking my meds but also really wanting to wean off them.

at hospital as right now for some fluids, BP dropped down to 70/40 I was feeling so dizzy and faint, I was lucky to be at the doctors this morning because that is scary low.
Oh my gosh that’s crazy low bp. You’d definitely feel so terrible. We’re you puking or just not hydrating enough? Are you just drinking water? You might need to drink Gatorade to help keep you from needing an IV hey?? I’m a firm believer in resting for a bit before delivery so I always say take a few weeks off work before your due date. I’ve had friends who’ve left work and gone straight to the hospital to have their first baby... no resting time to prepare for baby. But we are spoiled in Canada with 12-18 months Mat leave, gov’t funded 55% of your salary and if you are in education, healthcare, or the private sector most companies top you up to 100%. If you only get 6 weeks like the US I get why you’d work up to delivery!

I feel the exact same way about the meds. I had a plan to start weaning a few weeks ago and felt so disappointed when the nausea came back. It sucks paying for them, and just still taking them at 19 weeks feels lame. I do think I took them till 30 weeks with my first but was so determined to wean off them last pregnancy I’m sure I was off by 20 weeks. I’m off my gravol now so just 5 diclectin a day to wean off... if I don’t feel any ill effects tomorrow I might try cutting down to a 1-1-2 regime for a few days then 1-1-1... cutting a dose out completely at some point sounds so scary!!

Definitely feeling sick now but I don’t think it’s worse than what I’ve been feeling normally. But sometimes when I miss a pill it doesn’t hit me till the next day.

So sorry your all still suffering from sickness! I'm so glad mine mostly went at week 18. I now only get bouts if iv eaten something baby doesn't like Lol!

@daniyaaq I'm sorry you had to have the fluids aswell this year seems to be getting us all!

I’m feeling better now, still quite dizzy. It just seems to my that I fall apart everytime I get out of bed.

@Mummy2Corban I'm feeling ok today drinking more juice then I usually would and taking a chair with me wherever I'm going in the garden Lol!!

@daniyaaq That was how I was feeling so maybe still a little dehydrated? Or low blood sugars? Hope it passes soon! X

@Mummy2Corban I'm feeling ok today drinking more juice then I usually would and taking a chair with me wherever I'm going in the garden Lol!!

@daniyaaq That was how I was feeling so maybe still a little dehydrated? Or low blood sugars? Hope it passes soon! X

it’s very possible, if it were up to me I would have had more fluids but hospital was overflowing and they needed the beds. Today was a shocking day for them.

i also didn’t mind leaving as quickly as I could because I honestly got seen when I did because of my connections there. Which sucks when you see people who’ve been waiting for 6 plus hours still waiting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->