• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October/November Conkers 2021***

Thread crashing to say congratulations to you all and so exciting you're all finding out boy/girl!
I have a friend who is one of 8; 7girls and one boy! I think the boy was baby 7! so they'd had 6 girls first!
We live in a 2bed house with 5 kids, it's just absurd. we were about to upsize when covid hit and my husband's bar closed and we just had to wait. Now that things are opening back up we are looking at upsizing but might move, too... not sure. but 4 kids in one bedroom is totally not working very well anymore, with them being different ages and having different bedtimes etc!

Having 6 girls and only 1 boy feels like some kind of record.. not one that I really wanted though!

@ciz good.luck for mon what are you hoping for?

@Suggerhoney happy 26 weeks!

Afm we have rearrange the living room and my downstairs bedroom, being disabled I sometimes struggle getting upstairs so we converted the dining room into another bedroom.
I'm very lucky that this house is a 5 bed (6 now) so all the kids have their own room except Jasmine who shares with the baby but is in a really big room so she's quite happy. We only moved in Nov just gone and redecorate every room but seriously need carpets in the upstairs rooms but money is non exisistent now. X

@daniyaaq i defo think the half way mark gets you feeling good! Specially because your so close to v day then third try closely follows!

@ciz Eek! Do you have any idea? Like if you had to pick? Are you gonna add to team pink??? Or continue the boys strong streak on this thread?

would love another girl.we’ve got one each already, think I would be lying to myself if I won’t be alittle disappointed if it’s a boy but I know that disappointment will be short lived. As for feelings on this one I can honestly say I’m not getting any vibes, my 2nd I knew boy, 1st no vibes. Monday can’t come soon enough.. lol not many people would say that in regards to hurrying a Monday up hahaha

@MrsKatie its tricky isn’t it! Bedtimes are difficult for us so I can only imagine how tough it is with them all in one room.

@ciz I know what you mean…. I would have loved a girl but for us a boy works much better so lucky in that respect! It does feel lovely having another boy though. What time is your scan?

My friend said “it’s cheaper now because you can use all your hand me downs but later you’ll have 4 weddings to pay for”

And I’ve never thought of that before XD

hopefully in 20 years people will either be embracing small weddings or modern enough to split the cost XD lol!!
Do parents still pay for weddings where you are?! That’s crazy to me. Here, we pay our own weddings and parents maybe help a little. Marriage rates are in decline too, IMO it’s an outdated concept.

Congratulations on the girl!

Does anyone else have a partner with a low sex drive? It makes ttc so hard. So annoying.

It’s not abnormally low; but he is happy with twice a week. We can stretch it to three times; but he certainly isn’t the every night type.

Does anyone else have a partner with a low sex drive? It makes ttc so hard. So annoying.

It’s not abnormally low; but he is happy with twice a week. We can stretch it to three times; but he certainly isn’t the every night type.
Yes I had that problem and if we tried to do it any more he wasn't able to finish so was extreamly frustrating when ttc.

Then as soon as we got 2 lines he won't go near me as he says it feels strange. Lol. I'm a very frustrated girl. Lol.

@MrsKatie its tricky isn’t it! Bedtimes are difficult for us so I can only imagine how tough it is with them all in one room.

@ciz I know what you mean…. I would have loved a girl but for us a boy works much better so lucky in that respect! It does feel lovely having another boy though. What time is your scan?

2:30 UK time :)

Before trying for a bub, the husbands drive was more often. But when started trying he waited for me basically to make move for sex, but I think it was for timing reasons. It was difficult to get him to do say 2 nights or more tries in a row think the pressure was too much.

@MrsKatie glad I'm not the only one with a girl oriented body :haha:

@loeylo im paying for my own wedding which is next year. I agree it's outraged but still holds some weight, when my partner went through court cos his cow bag of an ex stopped him seeing his kids the couŕt wouldn't even acknowledge the kids here because we weren't married which has made life very difficult!!
I'm the difficult one sex wise in my relationship when pregnant I can't stand being touched at all when trying to conceive I would just surprise him at random times think the shock helped lol x

I never understood why men lose interest in their partner when they're pregnant. It just make no sense to me. We dont have that issue but I hear about it all the time. So sorry for anybody going through that, very selfish move on the mans part

@ciz bring on Monday. I’ll be stalking all day waiting.

I think men are just weirded out by pregnancy, they don’t understand what is really going on in there so it scares them,

Reactions: ciz
@ciz I can’t wait either! I shall be checking in to see what team you are!!!! Goodluck lovely.

@loeylo how are things going? I don’t have that problem with DH he is always up for it! I’m not a frequent as him. DH feels no differently about me being pregnant either… it’s me that ends up getting put off when baby is moving about when we are BD!

Reactions: ciz
@ciz I can’t wait either! I shall be checking in to see what team you are!!!! Goodluck lovely.

@loeylo how are things going? I don’t have that problem with DH he is always up for it! I’m not a frequent as him. DH feels no differently about me being pregnant either… it’s me that ends up getting put off when baby is moving about when we are BD!

oh that awkward feeling when you right in the middle of it and baby decides to roll around and kick…

My DH is always up for it. HG and the postpartum period is always hard for him. He’s very gracious with me and “making a baby” doesn’t seem at all to phase him!

I’m finally catching up to him in drive in my 30’s and don’t often turn him down but I’ve been on the other side where I’m the lower drive spouse so I definitely have sympathy for those DHs who have lower drives. Doesn’t really make sense to me (other than maybe depression?) but I know what it’s like to feel the (self-imposed) pressure to have sex when you’re not super interested. You feel like you’re letting your partner down.

Anyways that being said I find second trimester sex to be out of this world and love it XD gets a bit trickier in third lol!

Thread crashing to say congratulations to you all and so exciting you're all finding out boy/girl!
I have a friend who is one of 8; 7girls and one boy! I think the boy was baby 7! so they'd had 6 girls first!
We live in a 2bed house with 5 kids, it's just absurd. we were about to upsize when covid hit and my husband's bar closed and we just had to wait. Now that things are opening back up we are looking at upsizing but might move, too... not sure. but 4 kids in one bedroom is totally not working very well anymore, with them being different ages and having different bedtimes etc!
It’s amazing what you can make work. Our friends on a farm did the 4 kids/1 bedroom thing for a while too.

I do dream about my kids each having their own room, because sometimes bedtime is just a disaster sharing.

but overall I think most kids in the world share with a sibling, it’s very 1st world problems to have to share a room XD so that helps me feel better with it! But it will make it easier having the new baby girl so they can be 2 girls to a room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->