October/November Conkers 2021***

@angie90 we are definitely finding out the gender if we can at the 20 week scan. I’m so desperate to know! I don’t want to say this to my family, because they all want a boy... but I really do want another girl. I’m still not as excited for this baby as I was for my others, still kinda on the “why did we do this” idea, and I feel like a totally new experience of having a boy might be stressful for me. Having another girl will just be easier. So I’m
Hoping for a girl. But I think it’s a boy if I’m honest.

@Mummy2Corban it’s good your consultant is making sure they look after you and baby! Sorry to hear about your molar pregnancy! And yay for the non risky results! I can’t believe you’ve managed not to tell anyone!

@Weemcb26 lovely scan!!

@sil such a beautiful sound the heartbeat! I have a Doppler but not used it as too scared I won’t find the heartbeat snd then I’ll stress out!!

@Reiko_ctu ars you finding out the gender?

I think I’ve been so naive before and never worried about the results in my pregnancy with my little boy Woody! But this has been an eye opener! I wonder if I’d have the tests again if we have another baby as it has been really difficult! Much more accepting now of the results x

In all my pregnancies, when the midwives offered the genetic screening, they never asked if I wanted to be prepared mentally for a bad result... they always just asked, if you got bad results would it change the outcome of the pregnancy for you? As in, would you terminate. I always said no it wouldn’t change the outcome, and so they have always recommended not to do the tests. If it doesn’t change the outcome then it can just add extra worry. Just the way my midwife group handles it I guess. But I still do worry about my babies being healthy until I see the 20 week scan!!

I really hope this baby’s scan is good... I haven’t taken any vitamins since I turned 6 weeks because I just couldn’t keep them down. I guess I’ll try starting them up again soon here. But the key formation time
Has already happened for baby so hoping they got everything they needed :/

I gave in and ordered a few summer maternity clothes... a pair of shorts, 2 tank tops, and a dress. I’ll be 18-30 weeks during our summer so I think I’ll need them by then! And then leggings and loose tops fans sweaters for the fall should do it so I don’t have to buy anymore. Still not hint of a bump at almost 12 weeks here but, as I was laying flat on my bed just now I think I might have felt a little baby wrigggle!! I’m hoping!! I sooo want early movements this time.

They have said Wednesday at the earliest for the results. We’ve decided not to have the amnino if it comes back high risk again. We’ve seen a healthy little boy on our scan so wouldn’t want to risk that for just confirming something for us! But I totally respect why others would!

When is your scan @Reiko_ctu? I keep forgetting to take my vitamins and feel terrible! But I’m sure eveytbing will be ok!

Ooo maternity shopping! I’m gonna do that next week as I am starting to get bigger! So exiting about feeling a wiggle!!! When do you normally feel movements? X

Im planning on digging out my maternity uniform for work. Yesterday I sat on the floor to do a leg dressing and I heard my pants go crack. Thankfully the seem didn't go all the way but I don't fancy risking it again. Lol.

@angie90 thats totally understandable! I think once you know the results either way you won’t need to. Like you say it’s not worth the risk.

@Reiko_ctu ive been terrible with my vitamins too. I got some liquid ones but am still crap at actually taking them. Great news you’ve ordered some maternity stuff. I’ve favourited some vests and dresses on H&M so once I’ve actually got a bump rather that mummy tummy I’ll buy them!

@topazicatzbet i had to giggle about your trousers! Maybe digging your work uniform out might be an idea! Hehe

Aaaw @Mummy2Corban i envy you, i wanted to tell no one about my pregnancy but sickness hit, I know most of the stuff in our emergency department, my daughter was worried and told her teacher I’m sick(teacher happens to also be a friend) had to tell work, so that’s where we at.

And last baby, I say find out and go all out, no more gender neutral clothes.

@Reiko_ctu you are not the same. I think I’m having a boy, I’m sick but not as sick as the girls. I would really just love to have a girl and not have to relearn anything, if I had a girl I would have everything already. I think the idea of starting over again after struggling through pregnancy can be a bit too much. But I keep tryna tell myself that it’s all good and having a new gender to the dynamics will be fun...haven’t believed it yet.

@angie90 same here I keep forgetting to take vitamins, especially my iron which is bad because I’m currently low.

When is your scan @Reiko_ctu? I keep forgetting to take my vitamins and feel terrible! But I’m sure eveytbing will be ok!

Ooo maternity shopping! I’m gonna do that next week as I am starting to get bigger! So exiting about feeling a wiggle!!! When do you normally feel movements? X

I haven’t booked it yet, I’m guessing I’ll get a requisition from my midwife appt on Tuesday and then can book it. I usually wait till 22 weeks to get it done (cause everything is a bit more developed at that point) but I might go 18 this time just to know sooner because I’m so anxious to know haha!!

Ive had different experiences with movements each time. With my first it was 18 weeks, my 2nd was 12 weeks, and my last wasn’t till 22 weeks because of anterior placenta! It’s weird how the placenta really blocked the movements.

Aaaw @Mummy2Corban i envy you, i wanted to tell no one about my pregnancy but sickness hit, I know most of the stuff in our emergency department, my daughter was worried and told her teacher I’m sick(teacher happens to also be a friend) had to tell work, so that’s where we at.

And last baby, I say find out and go all out, no more gender neutral clothes.

@Reiko_ctu you are not the same. I think I’m having a boy, I’m sick but not as sick as the girls. I would really just love to have a girl and not have to relearn anything, if I had a girl I would have everything already. I think the idea of starting over again after struggling through pregnancy can be a bit too much. But I keep tryna tell myself that it’s all good and having a new gender to the dynamics will be fun...haven’t believed it yet.

@angie90 same here I keep forgetting to take vitamins, especially my iron which is bad because I’m currently low.
I’m glad I’m not alone on that feeling lol... it’s a weird one to express! Of course I will love a baby boy, but just adjusting to the idea will take some effort on my behalf.

@Suggerhoney now I know regardless of the results this pregnancy is going to be high risk I do feel a bit scared for this pregnancy but I am trying to take it day by day. It is so incredibly hard.

I don’t know if I’ve had a bit of time to come to understand but I feel very calm today about it. Little boy was healthy on the scan and 1 in 3 is so high that it is very probable this little one will have Down syndrome and if that’s the case then that’s my path and I will give make sure they have they are safe and loved to the end of the earth. However that’s just today and I’m sure it’ll be a rollercoaster everyday now haha!!

The lady said we should have ours on Wednesday however she rang today and said that could also be the earliest and the latest the following Wednesday! I’ve already got no fingernails left haha!!

I am so sorry for your 4 previous losses and can understand why you are so worried. Please message any time xx

@Abii yay another blue! We’re gonna have a football team in this thread!! And those pics are AMAZING! Have you told your girls your having a boy? X
I have not told them yet. Pretty sure my 8 year old is catching on that I'm pregnant but she hasn't said anything. I share 50/50 custody with their father so I'm pretty sure that's the only reason I've been able to hide it lol. I want to announce it in a cute way.

Ladies my very first baby purchase. I couldn’t resist honestly

View attachment 1097399
Aw such a cute onesie! I saw one like this at the ultrasound place where I had my gender scan and contemplated getting it but I got a heartbeat bear instead lol. Still might get one though. Maybe use it for my social media announcement:haha:

I've been in my maternity clothes since I was like 9 weeks:rofl::dohh:
My shirts are starting not to fit in the evenings too. I wake up with a small bump and by the end of the day, look like I'm 30 weeks already:wacko: lol.

@Abii im trying to decide how to tell my babies too! We’ve always done something so just gotta hatch a plan on how to surprise them!

Congratulations @playgirl666

I’m going to need to visit ED for some fluids, I’m feeling quite weak and dehydrated and couldn’t even keep down a smoothie.

Having a bad day today girls! Don’t know if I’m just overly paranoid but I’ve just found some like egg white stringy discharge but tinted yellow? I Jusy have this horrible feeling things aren’t ok but don’t know if it’s BecUse I’m just overly sensitive at the moment waiting for these results! X

@angie90 I sometimes get stringy kinda discharge. I have lots of discharge and have had the stringy kind a few times and all is ok with me so could just be a similar thing. I think your going through a lot right now and when that happens we tend to see things as bad. I’m sure it’s just normal discharge. Big hugs lovely x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->