• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October/November Conkers 2021***

@Suggerhoney they tried to book it after dating scan but the appointments hadn't been released yet so said they would send one in the post. Gender scan is on Saturday, really hoping to add to the girl numbers but think I'm more like to add another boy. I don't think i make girls. Lol
I don’t think I make boys either but maybe we’ll have a miracle swap this time around!! Lol!!

@Reiko_ctu i think about labour and how I’d like to try a water birth. I think I could only get in once my contractions change as previous to that I like to stay active on my feet to I guess walk off a contraction. It’s only when my contractions change I settle into a position so I’m wondering if that’s when I could get in the water? Knowing my luck I won’t be in a room with a pool! Ha! Labour as hard as it is is the most wonderful thing ever! All the build up and you get to meet your new baby! Amazing!!!!!!
Kinda sucks that you aren’t 100% guaranteed access to a tub. I’ve never tried a water birth although I’ve heard it’s helpful for pain management. One thing I was concerned about was baby getting the right micro biome if they are born into water- are all those good bacteria diminished from the water? I would like to give birth upright this time as I did my 2nd and that was the easiest. I was in my side last time and it really hurt quite a bit more than upright.

@Reiko_ctu there is so little on that topic but I'm interested too! this is what I found:

https://evidencebasedbirth.com/waterbirth-alter-newborns-microbiome/

I was looking into it before Celina was born because for the first time I was GBS positive and had to consider my options... and I found a lot of studies showing that babies born in water had a massively reduced chance of contracting GBS infections themselves (one study showed that in something like 4600 water births, only ONE infant contracted the infection). So I really wanted to have a water birth for that reason... I didn't because I got out of the tub to have the midwife break my water so that I could be done with labor already haha, and then it turned out to be a blessing because Celina had the shoulder dystocia on the way out so they would have had to drag me out of the tub to correct that! I have given birth on my side the last 4 times and I agree it hurts a lot but I aways feel like I need the support of the bed during that pushing phase. I gave birth on my hands and knees with my first, that was great too (I mean "great" for birth, still intense as heck!) as I had no tearing or injuries.,

I’m jealous of you ladies and your varying birth position. My hospital in the United states pushes for traditional delivery - laying on back, feet up in those terrible stirrups. I hate it. They also push epidurals. Every time I say I don’t want one, I have doctors coming in trying to convince me to change my mind!!

@Reiko_ctu if I went to the midwife led unit there are 3 pools out of 4 rooms. I’m not sure about delivery suite?! Consultant wants me on delivery suite but I want to talk to my midwife about that and see if I can change that. My first i was on my back legs up... was awful. Second, third and fourth I was kinda on my hands and knees supported by a bed or bean bag. Fifth I was stood up with one leg on the bed.

@sil wow! That must be really tough to not have a choice in how!

@Reiko_ctu if I went to the midwife led unit there are 3 pools out of 4 rooms. I’m not sure about delivery suite?! Consultant wants me on delivery suite but I want to talk to my midwife about that and see if I can change that. My first i was on my back legs up... was awful. Second, third and fourth I was kinda on my hands and knees supported by a bed or bean bag. Fifth I was stood up with one leg on the bed.

@sil wow! That must be really tough to not have a choice in how!
Yeah my first I pushed on my back too but wasn’t with midwives only OBs. No way our midwives here would let you push on your back. What position have you thought was the most successful? Do you have a feasible shot at going to midwife unit?

I’m jealous of you ladies and your varying birth position. My hospital in the United states pushes for traditional delivery - laying on back, feet up in those terrible stirrups. I hate it. They also push epidurals. Every time I say I don’t want one, I have doctors coming in trying to convince me to change my mind!!
Oh my that’s like scientifically the worst position to birth in! I guess insurance dictates everything in the Us though right?

Yeah I had to have c section with ds3 so I ve chosen to do it again rather than risk vbac.

Yeah I had to have c section with ds3 so I ve chosen to do it again rather than risk vbac.
It’ll probably be a really good experience for you this time as long as you don’t go into labour first! My friends have been very happy with their scheduled sections.

It’ll probably be a really good experience for you this time as long as you don’t go into labour first! My friends have been very happy with their scheduled sections.

My last one was scheduled too as he was an unstable lie and kept spinning. It was a great experience and I was only in hospital 24hrs after surgery. Worst bit was waiting all day to go to theatre . It was so hot and obviously not allowed to drink anything.

My last one was scheduled too as he was an unstable lie and kept spinning. It was a great experience and I was only in hospital 24hrs after surgery. Worst bit was waiting all day to go to theatre . It was so hot and obviously not allowed to drink anything.
Oh right I think I knew that and forgot! Sorry! Well nice you know what to expect and eventually you’ll know when your date is! Do you know when they’ll give you a date?

I’m glad my labours are quick, I can’t imagine labouring for a long time and being told you can’t eat. They don’t really do that here anymore but they did when I had my first. I only had a muffin the morning I went in for a stress test and they decided to induce me and then couldn’t have anything until after she was born! It was only 4 hrs but I can’t imagine going longer!

Hey girls! Just back from hospital following some weird discharge snd water but all okay! Just waiting on results but bakx home!
I’ll be having a c-section with this one! We had Emergency one with my little boy and they’ve recommended I have another one this time!

anyone else already achey snd struggling get up etc? Feel like I’m full term alresdy hah!

My first was back to back and because of that my contractions slowed right down and I think towards the end DS1 was getting tired! So they made me lay on my back with legs in the air!

Erm all the upright positions for me have been good. With baby no.5 I didn’t wanna be on my hands and knees and I found standing with a leg up most comfortable.... I was able to deliver him a previous babies have been taken behind me. Baby 4 and 5 both had there bags over them so this time i actually got to see the babies face covered in the sack with waters in it.

the consultant said because I’m a grand multip (more than 5 births) that my uterus won’t shrink and I’m more likely to bleed.... I’ve never bled more than a normal amount after delivery and my uterus has always shrunk down pretty rapidly after birth so I dunno?! I’m hoping the midwives will allow me on there unit seeing a delivery suite is literally next door if there was an emergency?!

@topazicatzbet I can imagine a planned section must be much nicer and less stressful. Maybe not the not eating part though! Sucks being hungry and thirsty!

@angie90 I’m glad all is ok! Always best to get these things checked out! Are you happy having a planned section? Must be nice having a date to know that’s when baby will arrive?!

I will be having a planned csection, I have had 2 emergency sections in the past so this time it will be planned that way. I think it will be at 39 weeks but will know more when I have a consultant appointment after my 20 week scan.
Happy I will be having a section as it's just what I know now, and I think definitely the safety's given I have had 2 previous. My little girl who is 16 months was emergency at 38 weeks exact, I went to hospital to check reduced movements, movements were fine but good job I went as her heart rate was sky high, they couldn't bring it down, then it started dropping, going up and down totally unstable so thry quickly decided she was coming! That makes me really nervous about this time round though, because if I hadn't just decided to get what I thought was reduced movements checked out, who knows what may of happened :( I was hoping they would maybe schedule this section a bit earlier but I don't think thye will, interested and impatieng to talk it over with a consultant though! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->