October/November Conkers 2021***

I’m feeling more and more like this is a girl but I honestly don’t know, because I felt all three of mine were boys and they were girls. So if I’m feeling girl, it’ll be the opposite??? Lol!!

I’ve never known the gender so early. This is my first pregnancy that I was ever offered the NIPT. It seems so odd being less than 12 weeks and already knowing. It’s usually another full 2 months!

@sil it must be strange knowing so early on! But hey you’ve got extra time to think of a name!

so ladies that have found out do you name your babies while pregnant? Or have you still had a few names and waited till birth to name baby?!

@sil it must be strange knowing so early on! But hey you’ve got extra time to think of a name!

so ladies that have found out do you name your babies while pregnant? Or have you still had a few names and waited till birth to name baby?!
I’m the past, We chose our names for both sexes before we find out, so when we find out we know which name we are using already. I don’t feel much like talking about names this time, honestly being our 4th it feels like it doesn’t even matter XD. That’s terrible lol. But we find out in 5.5 weeks so we still have lots of time to talk about it if we want to. We keep the name to ourselves till the baby is born.

I’ve never known the gender so early. This is my first pregnancy that I was ever offered the NIPT. It seems so odd being less than 12 weeks and already knowing. It’s usually another full 2 months!
I noticed this will be your biggest age gap between your kids! We’re you on the fence about a 4th or did it take a long time trying?

this will be our largest gap too and that’s cause it took a year for DH to come around to having a 4th XD

We will pick a name once we know and baby will be referred to as that for the rest of the pregnancy.

I can't bring myself to discuss and pick girl names but last time we had a boy name picked out before our scan. This time we can't decide on a name its really hard to find one we like as we have already picked 3 boys names and middle names.

How funny! We have similar age gaps for our first 3 and then the 4th too! We actually got our BFP 10 days after we decided we would start trying so I got incredibly lucky. Same story here - it took DH awhile to come around to the idea of a 4th but he did come around and agree to try and is now as excited as I am. How is your DH feeling about it now?

I noticed this will be your biggest age gap between your kids! We’re you on the fence about a 4th or did it take a long time trying?

this will be our largest gap too and that’s cause it took a year for DH to come around to having a 4th XD

How funny! We have similar age gaps for our first 3 and then the 4th too! We actually got our BFP 10 days after we decided we would start trying so I got incredibly lucky. Same story here - it took DH awhile to come around to the idea of a 4th but he did come around and agree to try and is now as excited as I am. How is your DH feeling about it now?
We actually kind of regretted our choice as soon as I started showing signs of HG... I think we'll get excited but we're more just accepting that we're having another lol. DH likes the idea of a big family but he's always been worried about being able to parent the kids we have well, and we have been doing a crap job while I've been sick. So hopefully by the time this baby comes we have a bit more of a handle on things and we can be excited and not just in over our heads! I think he does really want a son though after 3 DDs so I think he's excited thinking about having a little boy. I think it's abother girl though XD

We will pick a name once we know and baby will be referred to as that for the rest of the pregnancy.

I can't bring myself to discuss and pick girl names but last time we had a boy name picked out before our scan. This time we can't decide on a name its really hard to find one we like as we have already picked 3 boys names and middle names.

Totally hard to think of a 4th name when you've already used up 3 of your favorites and middle names as well. I almost feel like this name doesn't matter, I don't really care what it is as long as I like it moderately. Will probably let DH take the lead on this one, I never have before lol! I know he wants Peter for a boy after both his grandfathers and I wasn't really into that, but honestly at this point I don't hate it so it's fine lol!!

I also just sat down and budgeted for my maternity leave and decided I will go off at 30 weeks (last shift at 29+6) and take 18 months maternity leave. I will only be getting about $400 a month (unless Covid is still around then it will be a lot more) from the government but my DH will have a lot more freedom with his business if I am at home so he can make up for my low income! I’m so stoked to be off work. 15 more weeks lol!!

I'm so jealous you get 18 months and can finish so early. I could have have upto a year but no pay for the last 3 months so can't afford that so will have to settle for 9 months.

I'm so jealous you get 18 months and can finish so early. I could have have upto a year but no pay for the last 3 months so can't afford that so will have to settle for 9 months.
I’m so thankful for sure. Tbh, we could afford to live on just my DHs income... but he is a a spender. He is setting up a home shop and I said, just spend as little as you can to make it functional. And he’s buying duplicates of *every* tool he owns lol. It’s hard being married to a spender. I like to spend for the kids schooling and healthy groceries I guess, but he spends on hobbies and tools so much more than he realizes. It’s very hard being the budgeted and being married to a spender! We had 2,000 left over from paying our taxes and he’s already spent it :?

I went through names the other day and I don’t think I liked any! Names are stressful!

I’m so thankful for sure. Tbh, we could afford to live on just my DHs income... but he is a a spender. He is setting up a home shop and I said, just spend as little as you can to make it functional. And he’s buying duplicates of *every* tool he owns lol. It’s hard being married to a spender. I like to spend for the kids schooling and healthy groceries I guess, but he spends on hobbies and tools so much more than he realizes. It’s very hard being the budgeted and being married to a spender! We had 2,000 left over from paying our taxes and he’s already spent it :?

oh don’t I know that. My DP is a big spender, and I’m the let’s plan and budget for everything.

Had a chat with DP yesterday, I think he’s considering staying home with Bub so I can go back to work and not rely MIL. I would honestly love that but part of me is skeptical he’ll actually do it.

Had a chat with DP yesterday, I think he’s considering staying home with Bub so I can go back to work and not rely MIL. I would honestly love that but part of me is skeptical he’ll actually do it.
That would be so nice. How much time would you take to recover from birth? Would you formula feed then? My kids have always BF so I was solely responsible for the baby always lol.
What kind of work does he do? Sounds like a good situation if you’re the main earner! DH is self employed and has only taken 3 days off with each of our babies. I’m putting away money now so he can stay off a whole week lol! He is great at holding/wearing the baby when he is home, he always gets the 6-10 shift while I try and nap XD

I’m not sure how long I would want to take off to recover. I just remember with DD2 I couldn’t handle more than 2 months without going stir crazy. My work is flexible and my office literally 5 minutes from home so I could easily continue breast feeding, though I never enjoyed it much. I exclusively breastfed DD2 for 6 months then cofed for another 6 months before completely drying out so that’s an option.

He’s working in a production company and has been thinking about changing careers, I reckon this would be a good opportunity for him to explore his options. He’s good with looking after the babies so I wouldn’t be worried at all. I think the issue will come from my in-laws though, they are big on traditional gender roles as much as they don’t voice it much, he’s mentioned he’s worried what they’ll think.

I’m not sure how long I would want to take off to recover. I just remember with DD2 I couldn’t handle more than 2 months without going stir crazy. My work is flexible and my office literally 5 minutes from home so I could easily continue breast feeding, though I never enjoyed it much. I exclusively breastfed DD2 for 6 months then cofed for another 6 months before completely drying out so that’s an option.

He’s working in a production company and has been thinking about changing careers, I reckon this would be a good opportunity for him to explore his options. He’s good with looking after the babies so I wouldn’t be worried at all. I think the issue will come from my in-laws though, they are big on traditional gender roles as much as they don’t voice it much, he’s mentioned he’s worried what they’ll think.
Yeah I think in your case with your job it really makes tons of sense! Surely that would occur to his parents.

more dads need to be able to take care of babies... even now my In laws see DH as “babysitting” when I’m at work. Ridiculous!

Ugh last night and today the sickness has really reared it’s head. Probably too busy of a weekend for me. The house was a complete disaster after the weekend. I couldn’t bring myself to tidy anything I was so tired and it felt so overwhelming.

my mom came up at about 3 and had the entire house spic and span in about 45 mins. She’s amazing. Would’ve taken me all day just to tidy up let alone actually cleaning the kitchen and dishes!

feeling a bit worried about being back to
Work now that I’ve had such a rough day today :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"