October/November Conkers 2021***

I also need to start checking my blood sugars but need a new glucometer (reads the glucose levels in your finger prick of blood) cause apparently they’re no good after a few years. I think I’m probably feeling extra tired because my blood sugar is higher than it should be.

Yeah I think in your case with your job it really makes tons of sense! Surely that would occur to his parents.

more dads need to be able to take care of babies... even now my In laws see DH as “babysitting” when I’m at work. Ridiculous!

babysitting gets me all the time. Like no sir his children. I’m lucky that my in-law never say or impose their views on me, it has been very evident and apparent from get go that I live a very very different life, they kind about it but I’m obviously aware of their belief from DP and his siblings.

Ugh last night and today the sickness has really reared it’s head. Probably too busy of a weekend for me. The house was a complete disaster after the weekend. I couldn’t bring myself to tidy anything I was so tired and it felt so overwhelming.

my mom came up at about 3 and had the entire house spic and span in about 45 mins. She’s amazing. Would’ve taken me all day just to tidy up let alone actually cleaning the kitchen and dishes!

feeling a bit worried about being back to
Work now that I’ve had such a rough day today :(
It might have been a big shock to your system after resting for so long, I think you might need to ease back into activity. Hopefully you will be fine with work. Your next shift is Thursday right?

It might have been a big shock to your system after resting for so long, I think you might need to ease back into activity. Hopefully you will be fine with work. Your next shift is Thursday right?
Yeah. I have to take my kids to their homeschool classes on wednesday, and can probably get my mom to take my dd to ballet that afternoon and school the next day as well and just rest up for Thursday.

16 week midwife call done, all my bloods were fine and she will chase up my 20 week scan appointment as I haven't received anything yet. Will see her in person on 10th August.

@topazicatzbet glad all is well with your bloods. But sucky you haven’t received your 20 week scan appointment. Hopefully you get it soon!!! I got mine the next day!

@Reiko_ctu defo sounds like you need to take it easy getting back into work!

@Suggerhoney one more sleep till scan time!!!!

@daniyaaq if DH staying at home to look after bubs is what is going to work best for you then doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks!

Hi ladies, glad everyone seems to be doing well an congrats to those who have found out their genders!
I am waiting for my 12 week scan, which is next Monday. But I will be nearly 14 weeks by then! Annoying having to wait, but kinds makes things go buy a bit faster as it will only be 2 weeks after that till we go for a private gender scan :)
I got prescribed sickness meds and they have made such a huge difference for me, still feel sickly but no where near as bad, sometimes I hardly feel pregnant at all and it kind of makes me panic for my scan, but I'm sure everything is ticking along nicely and trying to just enjoy feeling a bit better this time round!
Good luck to those with appts and scans coming up, looking forward to finding out more genders!
X

@soloso lovely to here for you! Always rubbish waiting for a scan! But like you say it won’t be long till you have your gender scan then 20 week scan isn’t far behind that. Do you have any ideas for what your having? We need some pink in this thread! Haha! Glad the sickness tablets are helping you x

I really have NO idea if this baby will be boy or girl! I have a 9 year old boy and a 1 year old girl, my 9 year old is from a previous relationship and so my partner would quite like a boy so he has one of each but I kind of want my 9 year old to be my only boy as it was just us for so long, and I think it would be nice to have two girls close in age :) but I would be equally happy with either so can't wait to find out! I think I have more of a boy feeling tbh, but we will see in a few weeks! Maybe I will bump up the girl numbers lol :)
Hoping my official due date will be bumped forward a couple of days, I had a private scan at 9 weeks and they put me a few days ahead but the NHS scan will be the official so hoping to bring that DD forward even just a tiny bit haha! X

@soloso you know it’s always good gaining days! I was put forward 11 days! Which is impossible really BUT I’m rolling with it!

@Weemcb26
Yay for team blue hon congratulations.

U ladies are killing me.
I'm hear giggling like a naughty school girl at @Mummy2Corban a round grumpy aching ball:rofl:

And then the how big is spongebob square pants.
He lives in a pineapple and friends with Patrick who must be a star fish omg I'm dieing over here :rofl:

So glad I'm not the only one that peas on my hand hahaha.
And yeah I never know how much to give. Sometimes it's just a dribble and I'm just like really 8-[
Then worry its not enough.

So scan tomorrow and I'm so so excited but also nervous.
Hope I come back with great news and some good pics.

My Scan is at 12pm. Covid test first at 11am. I keep having nose bleeds so I really hope I Don have one when they stick that thing up my nose.
That will be embarrassing walking down the hospital corridor with a wad of tissue shoved up me hooter lmao :rofl:

@soloso you know it’s always good gaining days! I was put forward 11 days! Which is impossible really BUT I’m rolling with it!

The downfall with being put forward 1-2 weeks and knowing it’s not right is it feels awful when you then reach 40 weeks and haven’t given birth yet

@Suggerhoney cant wait for your scan! Be sure to come back and update us after. I’ll be thinking of you

@soloso good to see you again! Glad to hear you are doing well

Awww hon thank you.
I will let u all know how it goes.
Just wanna hear everything is good.
I feel like I've spent so much time feeing anxious and I just want to be able to start relaxing now and enjoying.

Apparently the scan is a long one and can go on for a hour. Sometimes there running behind too but I'm hoping to be home by 1:30pm with good news to share with u all.

16 week midwife call done, all my bloods were fine and she will chase up my 20 week scan appointment as I haven't received anything yet. Will see her in person on 10th August.

Hope you get ure appointment through soon hon. They booked mine strait after my dating scan. It's horrible u don't know when it is yet but hoping u hear something soon.
Glad the MW went well.
When are u finding out gender?

I'm so excited for those of you that don't know to find out hehe.

We definitely need more team pink on here.

I'm gonna get them to double check that this one is a boy tomorrow. I don't think there was any mistaking it at the 16 week gender scan but I wanna be sure sure lol.

I really have NO idea if this baby will be boy or girl! I have a 9 year old boy and a 1 year old girl, my 9 year old is from a previous relationship and so my partner would quite like a boy so he has one of each but I kind of want my 9 year old to be my only boy as it was just us for so long, and I think it would be nice to have two girls close in age :) but I would be equally happy with either so can't wait to find out! I think I have more of a boy feeling tbh, but we will see in a few weeks! Maybe I will bump up the girl numbers lol :)
Hoping my official due date will be bumped forward a couple of days, I had a private scan at 9 weeks and they put me a few days ahead but the NHS scan will be the official so hoping to bring that DD forward even just a tiny bit haha! X

I was put forward a 2 days at my 10 week privet scan. And at my dating scan I was put forward 5 days from ovulation but a whole 12 days extra from AF lol.
Love being put forward.

@Suggerhoney haha! Got to love a bit of silliness!!!!! Fingers crossed you don’t get a nose bleed!!!!! I’m here hoping all turns out ok tomorrow and your left feeling reassured that all is well with baby boy! Let’s hope they’re running on time. Looking forward to your update! Be thinking of you xx

@sil mine have all been late so I fully expect to go over! And as much as I get inpatient to meet baby I don’t mind really.... means I’ve a few extra days to get things sorted!

it would seem as most of this thread are going to find out the gender of baby.... so surely we must have more girlies cooking!

Yes there’s definitely some more girlies to come soon!!

I expect to go right up until due date or a tiny bit early. My last came the day before her due date and I feel it will be similar this time! I hope I don’t go over, my head really doesn’t do well in that case lol. I actually spent a lot of time last night “daydreaming” about my labour and what it will be like lol. Really can’t wait!!

@Reiko_ctu i think about labour and how I’d like to try a water birth. I think I could only get in once my contractions change as previous to that I like to stay active on my feet to I guess walk off a contraction. It’s only when my contractions change I settle into a position so I’m wondering if that’s when I could get in the water? Knowing my luck I won’t be in a room with a pool! Ha! Labour as hard as it is is the most wonderful thing ever! All the build up and you get to meet your new baby! Amazing!!!!!!

@Suggerhoney they tried to book it after dating scan but the appointments hadn't been released yet so said they would send one in the post. Gender scan is on Saturday, really hoping to add to the girl numbers but think I'm more like to add another boy. I don't think i make girls. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->