October/November Conkers 2021***

Anyone feeling super heavy preggo vag yet? This is too early for it but I guess 4th baby :shock: Feel like with my third I didn’t feel it till way past 30 weeks. Ugh.

I’m honestly the worst preggo in the world and such a whiner XD

I’m glad you ladies let me whine to you because we’ve been in Covid lockdown since November and can’t see anyone except our household.

Me :hi: right here. Pregnancy is the worst. I feel like I’m in the third trimester, baby is right down there, I’m feeling heavy and uncomfortable, I can’t even spread my legs too far apart. I really tried the while enjoying a pregnancy but I’m just not.

I’m trying to find things to do to make the time pass quickly except Covid just makes everything hard so I’m watching the countdown everyday and October/November seems forever away.

Me :hi: right here. Pregnancy is the worst. I feel like I’m in the third trimester, baby is right down there, I’m feeling heavy and uncomfortable, I can’t even spread my legs too far apart. I really tried the while enjoying a pregnancy but I’m just not.

I’m trying to find things to do to make the time pass quickly except Covid just makes everything hard so I’m watching the countdown everyday and October/November seems forever away.
ok I’m sooo glad I’m not the only one. I saw a mom mention it at 20 weeks and thought that was early and boom, it’s hit me this week and I feel like I’m in third tri! I actually remember the relief after birthing my 2nd like, thank god my vag is back to normal XD. Sorry so TMI lol!!! I also have done pelvic physio after my third and that was amazing, but I think I probably need to work on some kegels for this heavy feeling.

Last summer we walked to the spray park 15 mins from our house at least 4 times a week... I don’t think I can make that walk with the way I’m feeling XD

Today is a lot harder for me at work so definitely be staying home tomorrow. Accidentally swung out of bed one leg at a time this morning and the pain has been constant all day.

Oh ladies I don’t envy that heavy feeling. I’m not feeling it yet but I know what you mean and it’s horrible. My aches and pains come when I get bigger so I’ve a little bit before I proper get my moan on! Moan away though ladies as we all know how you feel!!!

@Mummy2Corban compared to us it does seem that you guys are just sailing through but I’m sure that’s not true you have your own ailments and groans.

I think we all have our moans don’t we. I’m tired and I don’t feel great but compared to upto week 14-15 I feel so much better that I’m happy with that. Like I say I have a small window when I don’t feel sick and I feel ok then all the aches and pains set in. I get uncomfortable so don’t worry your not alone!

Speaking of covid, I am feeling really anxious over here. I’m not yet vaccinated. Over here in United states it’s recommended for pregnant women but I was holding off since I was not at a very high exposure risk. I have been going back and forth about wanting to get it and was waiting for a little more concrete research to come out

Now they lifted the mask mandate. The CDC said if you are vaccinated you no longer need a mask indoors and you no longer need to distance. All of the grocery stores near me are dropping their mask orders as of tomorrow. I’m terrified to go shopping now - I know there is a huge portion of the population that still isn’t vaccinated here and will no longer be wearing masks. It feels so premature to me. I wish they’d wait until numbers were way down and children were vaccinated too. I’m terrified for my 3 kids and myself.

I am now trying to decide if I hurry up to get the vaccine to protect myself since we no longer are protected by mask and distancing mandates, or if I basically make DH who has had his do every single thing for the next half year.

@sil that’s so scary I can’t believe they would drop the mandates with so many cases still. Australia has virtually no community transmissions and we still have restrictions stopping distancing and masks indoors when you can’t distance.

sorry you put in such a tough spot.

Reactions: sil
They are running on the “honor system” saying if you aren’t vaccinated to still mask up, but I’m sorry - the majority of people here who won’t vaccinate because they don’t believe in the vaccine definitely won’t be masking up. There is no passport system and 0 way of checking. It leaves the children and those of us not vaccinating or hesitant because of medical reasons so vulnerable and forced into an unfair unsafe situation.

I think we all have our moans don’t we. I’m tired and I don’t feel great but compared to upto week 14-15 I feel so much better that I’m happy with that. Like I say I have a small window when I don’t feel sick and I feel ok then all the aches and pains set in. I get uncomfortable so don’t worry your not alone!
I know there are some women who totally breeze through pregnancy but I always say that any pregnancy symptoms are really hard to deal with. I have patients who have sore knees and that’s all, but it’s really really hard for them. I know any level of nausea is hard. I try to give all pregnant mamas the benefit of the doubt lol! I’ve always felt that way.

however this time I’ve had a few people text me saying “I know how bad the nausea is in first tri, it’s so hard isn’t it!” Like they know how I feel with HG when they had normal MS. If you can move out of bed, manage to shower, walk to your kitchen and manage to get and keep any amount of food down you really don’t know how bad HG is XD. I couldn’t move for weeks without vomiting and it wasn’t like, ok I did it once now I’m good to go. Get up, vomit, shower, vomit, get dressed, vomit. Anyways glad I’m through that worst part of it and wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I know that if I had normal MS I would still complain like heck but I would be able to function a lot better and push through it.

@sil i know what you mean. Covid is still a very big thing here and we’ve only just started getting broadly vaccinated this past 5-6 weeks.

I honestly was not worried about it before I was pregnant. My whole family has had it, and for my nuclear family we had no serious symptoms... not true for my extended family but I think, for ourselves, if we were to get it again we would have similar symptoms or less so due to some remaining antibodies. So I wasn’t worried.

now thinking about having a newborn, in almost-winter, with no immune system and family who wants to visit (I will be mandating masks and staying away if any sickness in your house at all to visit) I feel worried about the baby catching it. I would love to get the vaccine so the baby could have some antibodies. But then I was reading a research paper, that followed like 4,000 of the organically vaccinated pregnant women in the US. They were vaccinated in their third trimester. 13% of them lost their babies sometime during the third tri or shortly after birth.

13%

The paper noted that wasn’t too far off pre Covid Birth rates. But in my mind, 13% is super high!!! They did say further research is needed but it was published in April so they’ll have to wait a bit longer before any more is completed. They haven’t followed the outcomes for those who were vaccinated in the 2nd tri yet either, they’ll be having babies soon I think.

Anyways sorry for the novel, I just totally feel you. We are still mask mandated up here but honestly that doesn’t make me feel totally safe and definitely not by the time my baby comes! Maybe we will go back into lockdown in the fall (if they even let us out of it for summertime lol!). It’s just my DHs family that concerns me. They’ve been vaccinated but that doesn’t mean they can’t spread it, only that they are protected from symptoms.

Today is a lot harder for me at work so definitely be staying home tomorrow. Accidentally swung out of bed one leg at a time this morning and the pain has been constant all day.
Yeah you probably need to take it one day on, and then have a rest at home. You’re almost into the time when it’ll be a bit easier! It’s coming soon xx

yesterday was the first day I didn’t actually nap and I was dead to the world at 9pm... slept through my pills this morning which I never do :( but clearly I still need a nap!!

Anyone thought of any new baby names?

we added Eden to our list for a girl. Is that too popular now though?

last night I said to DH “I know Peter means a lot to you so I’ll give it to you.” And he said, he wasn’t totally sure about it XD. Here I’ve been thinking I won’t get any boy name but Peter and he’s on the fence about it. Both his granddads were named Peter so it’s very sentimental :)

I had the covid jab last week. I decided that so far the evidence showed no issues with the jab and it is made on the same principles as the whooping cough and flu which are actively given in pregnancy. The other side was if I was to catch it it could make me really sick and I have 3 other kids that need their mum or it could cause premature labour or under developed lungs. The doctors in the UK are now recommending all pregnant women should have it. (Not the Oxford)

@Reiko_ctu i have friends that breeze pregnancy. Like no symptoms! Nothing! I hate the nausea/sickness and the guilt that comes with wishing it all away. I’m so glad to be past the worry of a molar too! Think sometimes we got to moan and especially on here to ladies who are going through it. Like DH knows it but doesn’t fully get it.

@sil I’m sorry you’ve got all that to deal with. Things are starting to relax here but we still have to wear masks indoors. Our junior school has said no masks on pick up but infants and playgroup still want us to wear them. I’m still unsure about the jab?! Would love to speak to my midwife but I’m still waiting for her to call. DH has his 1st one on Thursday.

@Reiko_ctu i do love the name Eden but my friends loves it and seeing as she is struggling I feel like I couldn’t use it. I don’t know any Eden’s. Back to the drawing board for a boys name? Or will you still stick with Peter?

@Reiko_ctu i think it was about my second pregnancy I gave up on trying to get people to understand HG you really can’t unless you experience just mere movement causing vomiting.

love the name Eden.
I mentioned to DP the boy name I like and he actually liked it. That was a shock.

@daniyaaq so you got a thumbs up?!!! I sometimes don’t want to tell DH names I really like because I don’t want him to say no!

@daniyaaq so you got a thumbs up?!!! I sometimes don’t want to tell DH names I really like because I don’t want him to say no!
Same I don’t want to discuss them with him cos I know he’ll just say no.
Wouldn’t say a thumps up. I got a groan and ‘it’s actually a nice name’ then he went about his business. So whether that means we agree or not I don’t know at this stage.

We only had the 2 boys names we both agreed on and thankfully we both preferred zach out if the 2, but dh struggled to settle on it. Middle name was more difficult as it had to start with j to follow our patten of middle names. Dh didn't like any that I liked. He prfered Jay where as I wasn't too keen as I thought it sounded like an initial but i decided id give dh the win as he agree to go with zach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->