October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

Ugh so my MIL is driving me insane:wacko: She didn't have any MS with her 3 sons (DH is the middle child) so she basically has 0 understanding of it. She was talking to DH today when he got home and he mentioned I was having a bad day today MS-wise and she got hysterical, that I "have to eat" or something like that:dohh: Geez I do eat and eat as much as I can, I just felt like taking DH's mobile and telling her off:growlmad: I know she was coming from a good place but it just annoyed me like crazy :nope:

That's not good hun, I don't understand some people! Every pregnancy is different. Sorry you're having to deal with that. :hugs:

That's not good hun, I don't understand some people! Every pregnancy is different. Sorry you're having to deal with that. :hugs:

Thanks Lost:flower: Yeah it's crazy because she also had 0 understanding about my infertility (especially as we were in the unexplained category), now she's found something else. I think it's because DH also mentioned that I've lost a tad weight (I had around 6-8 kgs "to spare" and have lost 3-4 kgs) so she's decided I'm obviously not eating enough:dohh: I can just imagine snapping at her in the near future if she keeps criticising me. All this coming from a woman that had 0 fertility issues and 0 MS during all her 3 pregnancies:dohh:

14 weeks and 2 days and almost all pregnancy related symptoms are fading. Still a bit of sore boobs and a little tired, but not the fatigue, and extreme exhaustion from first tri! So hopefully everyone's second tri gets more comfy :) Now to just wait on big kicks and bumps :)

You must be a day ahead of me lol. My boobs are still sore, I'm still being sick and still exhausted. Definitely not more comfortable yet. I live in hope though. Felt some rumblings last night in my stomach, put the doppler on and heard the kicks. Very very mild at the moment and I have to concentrate to feel them!

hi ladies

sorry I was MIA I was booked off sick last week Thursday and Friday as I was just too weak to come to work and had a sinus headache from hell ...

I had my NT scan yesterday and everything seems well ... did my bloods yesterday so will get my results at my next appointment on 9 May ...

I also got bumped up so my EDD is now 14 Oct

Congratulations on every one's scans I will try an upload mine later ... my sickness still hasn't gone it comes in waves as well and is especially bad at night

Last night I had the worst acid reflux moving up while sleeping and gaviscon doesn't seem to be helping me anymore ...

Welcome Wing to the group ...

Practice your deep breathing for your labour when ever she's around :D

I'll have to try that:haha: DH should've probably not told her I'd lost weight (geez it was only around 3-4 kgs, not 10-15 or something crazy like that :dohh:), that's probably what's making her go hysterical every time she hears about my MS. May have to tell DH that he'll have to fib a bit and just say I'm fine whenever she asks or say I have mild nausea here and there but otherwise fine. I can then hope that by the next time there's a big family gathering (earliest end of April for MIL's birthday) that my MS has subsided and she won't know any better.

I had my NT scan yesterday and everything seems well ... did my bloods yesterday so will get my results at my next appointment on 9 May ...

I also got bumped up so my EDD is now 14 Oct

Glad your scan went well Blessed and looking forward to seeing it. We now have the same EDD I think:winkwink: Although I'm going in for my scan tomorrow afternoon so that may change, we'll see. Getting nervous now:wacko:

cool ... I guess being nervous is normal as I was so nervous on Sunday night but all turned out well

yes I think your DH should just do that ...

who has started buying clothes for your bean?

I think DH and I are waiting until we've had our 20 week scan before buying stuff for baby. Will be tough as we'll have to buy gender neutral stuff since we don't want to know the gender until I've given birth. Although we'll have to go in within the next few weeks and get some maternity clothes for me but there's a nice store close to our new house so we'll be driving by them shortly after our move if I can wait until then (think we'll have moved by around the 22nd of April or so).

right now all I feel like wearing is dresses ... its fall/autumn here so I need to get myself warmer clothes most of my dresses are summer dresses ...

We just bought a few vests and 2 neutral outfits this past weekend ... my DH is super excited you'd swear this is his first baby LOL

the move will be here soon ... lately the days seems to be flying past really quick ...

We bought things over the years of infertility, just little things here and there- mostly books. We have ordered fabric samples and bookmarked furniture patterns, but not ordering anything until we get the genome screening test results back, hopefully in a week's time or less.

I'm still in my normal clothes, making an unexpected push for a promotion at work, so KMFX this stays hidden until the contract gets approved. I did tell my mom, but have also sworn her to secrecy aside from her BFFs, who are trustworthy enough to keep it quiet as well.

You must be a day ahead of me lol. My boobs are still sore, I'm still being sick and still exhausted. Definitely not more comfortable yet. I live in hope though. Felt some rumblings last night in my stomach, put the doppler on and heard the kicks. Very very mild at the moment and I have to concentrate to feel them!

lol. Maybe ha. still tired - and when really tired really emotional - little bit of sore boobs. But I'm super happy the nausea is gone! haven't felt anything recently from in there. I'm expecting it to happen in a couple of weeks though - somewhere around 16-18.

who has started buying clothes for your bean?

I haven't, but my mother-in-law sent a bunch of boys clothes lol. My father-in-law is SURE it's a boy. So she sent boys clothes, but said if it's a girl to give them away and she'll get more haha.

I'm still in my normal clothes, making an unexpected push for a promotion at work, so KMFX this stays hidden until the contract gets approved. I did tell my mom, but have also sworn her to secrecy aside from her BFFs, who are trustworthy enough to keep it quiet as well.

I'm in maternity pants, but wearing loose fitting shirts to keep it quiet for now. Not wanting work to know for a while.

Blessed, I haven't started buying clothes yet but you can bet that my mom has! :D

Ajarvis, I am so incredibly jealous that you are through the awful symptoms of the first tri, but very happy for you!!! Cheers! MS, fatigue, stomach upset, sore boobs, all still making their presence very well known here in Texas.

Kat, I'm sorry your MIL is being such a pain. It's so hard when people are not supportive and understanding and even worse when you don't have a choice but to be "nice" to them in response just to keep the peace.

I'll be glad when I don't have emotional freak outs every few days. Or is this just a part of being pregnant/being a mom? :)

Kat, I'm sorry your MIL is being such a pain. It's so hard when people are not supportive and understanding and even worse when you don't have a choice but to be "nice" to them in response just to keep the peace.

Thanks Wingardium:flower: Yeah, I was having a hard time keeping my mouth shut during infertility, now that she's also going after me during pregnancy without any understanding of what I'm going through, I just want to tell her to can it. I'm not above setting boundaries, I've done it 3-4 times over the years so can always tell her to quit it if she keeps on going. I just really want to have good relationships with DH's family now that my toxic and enabler relatives have all turned their backs on me (all except my toxic mother of course:dohh:).

As for symptoms I feel you, still have them as well although it's mostly MS and more shooting pains in my breasts than them being sore. It can very well last to 14-16 weeks from what I've read so we'll see.

BTW guys my DH is over visiting his annoying friend today:growlmad: Can't wait until we move because that'll be over with since it won't be conveniently almost on the way home to drive by his apartment at all :thumbup: Hoping that friendship will pretty much fizzle out, it probably will since we'll have a child come October and his selfish, annoying friend has no interest in children or in having any of his own. It's just insane DH went to see him as he'll be seeing him this weekend when he comes over to help us paint our new house. Don't know how I'll deal seeing his friend because he'll probably ask me for the 1000th time how my job hunt is going and I've told him for about 2 years that I'm on a break until we have a child. He'll probably ask again this weekend:dohh:

I was so sick yesterday when I got home from work ... I vomited so much I ended up peeing my pants even though I peed before then :blush::nope:

I immediately took a bath afterwards and just crawled into bed ... I literally only ate 2 slices of toast and slept until this morning :cry:

I hope this passes soon ...

Kat good luck with the painting this weekend and with the annoying friend :dohh: ... oh and good luck with your scan today

Ajarvis LOL that's just crazy how they think they know its a boy

Clandestine I hope you get the job fx

PS, even at the end of week 13, every day this week my breasts feel larger and more sore than the day before! When does this usually chill out???

mine too Clandestine ... I don't remember in my last pregnancy that it got better just remember it getting heavier and started leaking at 20weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->