October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

I'm getting another U/S at 17 weeks for anatomical stuff. Didn't even look for nubs, though the high resolution scan they checked the heart probably could have seen the nub or whatever- they didn't. We will know in less than two weeks once genome test comes back, though.

Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well :)

i had my scan today at 12+6 i am so in love! when they measured crown to rump it was 7.03cm and 13+1! its moved my EDD to the 6th October.

i am also very low risk of Down Syndrome so all is looking extremely well :happydance: no need to do any more rests yay!

IMG_20160401_1_85.jpg

IMG_20160401_1_92.jpg

IMG_20160401_1_60.jpg

Congrats on your scan Cassie:flower:

Anyone on the thread finding out the gender around 12-13 weeks via ultrasound scan? There's a lot of women on the FB group saying they are. I read earlier it's around 80% accurate and it's based on the nub theory, but the earliest we can find out here is 16 weeks and via a private, paid for ultrasound, where we get a 'potty shot'.

No nub's, no theories, actual bodily parts on show. :haha:

I don't think they do that here, my nuchal scan is purely that: to see the chances for Downs. I think it would first be at my 20(?) week scan they would but DH and I don't want to know. It took us 2+ years, countless failed natural cycles, 6 failed IUIs and 2 IVFs to get our BFP so gender is of absolutely no importance. We're just so happy and grateful to finally be pregnant so all we care about is that this baby is healthy:happydance:

Congrats on your scan Cassie:flower:

Anyone on the thread finding out the gender around 12-13 weeks via ultrasound scan? There's a lot of women on the FB group saying they are. I read earlier it's around 80% accurate and it's based on the nub theory, but the earliest we can find out here is 16 weeks and via a private, paid for ultrasound, where we get a 'potty shot'.

No nub's, no theories, actual bodily parts on show. :haha:

I don't think they do that here, my nuchal scan is purely that: to see the chances for Downs. I think it would first be at my 20(?) week scan they would but DH and I don't want to know. It took us 2+ years, countless failed natural cycles, 6 failed IUIs and 2 IVFs to get our BFP so gender is of absolutely no importance. We're just so happy and grateful to finally be pregnant so all we care about is that this baby is healthy:happydance:

Thank you kat :flower:

We are exactly the same It took us 4 years to get a bfp.. 3 rounds of clomid and 2 full stim cycles of ivf and 2 transferrs to finally get this bfp! We will be finding out the gender tho as we are both too impatient to wait haha. But boy or girl doesnt matter as long as its happy and healthy thats all that we care about.

Ill be doing the gendet scan at 16 weeks to find out. My fs said it looks like a boy and then my ultrasound technician said it looks like a girl so who knows really.

Ugh so I was cutting a couple of slices of rye bread for my lunch and it seems as the type we bought is hard to cut due to all the grain in it (plus maybe our bread knife needs sharpening?). After just getting through cutting 1 slice I started feeling sick and coughing, feeling like I was close to throwing up:sick: Geez I can't even handle cutting some bread:wacko:

BTW we're going out to our new house today to pick up the keys since it's ours officially from today:happydance:

Congratulations on the house, Kat! Such an exciting feeling! My husband and I bought our house almost 2 years ago and we are still not totally unpacked! I hope you are more productive than we have been!

Question for the group: lately my tailbone has been hurting. At ten weeks, I am surprised that I may already be experiencing discomfort from I imagine are pains due to everything reorganizing itself for growing uterus and baby. Has anyone experienced this in the first trimester?

Thanks Wingardium! Yeah we're already writing on the boxes which room they belong in so we can organize everything quickly and make the move easier so everyone helping us knows where to put the boxes.

As for the tailbone thing I have no idea:shrug: I haven't been experiencing anything like that myself, only some pelvic pain.

AFM my DH has been a pain today. He wanted me to drive out to the new house and on the way pick him up. I still haven't learned the route yet so set our car's GPS to help me. At the most critical moment, my DH calls me to find out where I am and I miss the exit because I was unsure if it which one I had to take. Had to drive for a little over 3 km before I could get off the highway and then turn around. Worst thing is he kept calling me and annoying me. By the time I was where I was supposed to be to pick him up I was irritated and pissed off:growlmad: Now that we got home, DH made dinner and gave me a huge portion even though he knows it seems to put me a bit off eating. Not only that, he snapped his fingers at me because he wanted me to give him the remote and I've told him 1000 times not to snap his fingers at me so snapped at him. His way of handling? He walked off into our bedroom in a huff:dohh: I'm hoping the move helps his mood because the commute to his job has made him extra cranky:nope:

hey everyone! Just wanted to update, I had my 12 week scan today and everything looks great!! I am very much in love and literally cried on the way home :)

Attachments

• baby1.jpg
    baby1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 8
  • baby2.jpg
    baby2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 11
  • baby3.jpg
    baby3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 11
So many beautiful scans! Congrats ladies!!

Wingardium, I haven't had tailbone pain, but I've noticed that I can no longer sleep on my left side at all. If I try to sleep on my left, I get pain that shoots down the left side of my back and takes forever to go away even if I flip over. Ugh. It was never like that at all before I fell pregnant!

Thanks for your responses! The tailbone thing is off and on and seems to happen the most at work so maybe I need a new chair with more behind support haha!

I'm so jealous of these 12 week pics. I have my 8 week pics but they just look like a little nugget with an umbilical cord. I won't have another set done until June when I am 20 weeks! Boo. I am doing the DNA testing for Down's and other disorders at my 12 week point on 4/15 though.

So last night I told my parents and sisters that I am pregnant. I am the oldest and this will be their first grandchild. DH recorded their reaction and it is epic. Tears, screams, hugging, the whole bit! My mom was a puddle of tears. Makes me really hope this LO sticks around....fingers crossed.

Wingardium I feel you, I only have my 8 week scan as well. First going in for my 12/13 week scan on Wednesday (April 6th), in the early afternoon.

So cute your family's reactions:flower: I only got happy reactions from DH's parents but this is their grandchild #3 (although I'm sure his brothers and cousin will be happy when we tell them next weekend). My toxic mother didn't acknowledge the pregnancy until a couple of weeks ago and my toxic siblings won't be told anything, at least by me. They wouldn't be happy about it anyway, they don't care about me so I'm sure they don't care about my baby either:nope: I am a bit jealous hearing other people getting such happy reactions from their whole family, it's something I haven't and never will experience. But I'm happy that others don't experience the kind of reactions my mother or the potential reactions my siblings would give, it's definitely not nice.

Hi ladies! I've been MIA and so much to catch up on! Here we find out gender between 18-20 weeks. I personally wouldn't believe anything earlier haha. I'm definitely showing and feeling better the last couple days finally :) Also 14 weeks and according to ALL calendars in second tri haha.

Bought my 6 year old a new bike and taught him to ride yesterday. Baking a cake for my sister in law and babysitting their kids tonight so they can go out for dinner. And I'm not even dreading all of this lol. Usually I'm so exhausted the thought of it would be tiring :p Midwife appointment on Thursday to hopefully hear the heartbeat. I've seen it but not heard it yet.

Oh and it's GORGEOUS here. 21 degrees. like summer :)

I get lots of tailbone pain. Had it since the beginning. I got it before AF every month too... don't know what causes it but it happens more if I sit down a lot without moving around.

I'm still feeling really sick - it got better then worse again :dohh:

Not feeling as exhausted though so that's good

I'm the same way c beary, it seems to come in waves. I'm having one of my sick days as I ate an apple and few minutes later it came back up :sick: Hoping it's a good sign for us though! I'll soon find out at my nuchal scan Wednesday.

I hope so. I feel like I've taken a turn for the worst this weekend - really sick all weekend and tired and drained. I feel like I've had a tummy bug. Hope it hasn't hurt baby. I think I'm working myself into a state as it's my scan on Wednesday - haven't had a Scan since seven weeks so worried something has gone wrong.

I hope so. I feel like I've taken a turn for the worst this weekend - really sick all weekend and tired and drained. I feel like I've had a tummy bug. Hope it hasn't hurt baby. I think I'm working myself into a state as it's my scan on Wednesday - haven't had a Scan since seven weeks so worried something has gone wrong.

I think I know how you feel, I've been really sick today (was otherwise ok this weekend). I would think that as long as you aren't vomitting very much and are drinking plenty of fluids that baby should be fine. I think fetuses are pretty resiliant, otherwise a lot more people would probably mc.

Sounds like we have our scans the same day, FXed for us:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->