October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

Hope you're better soon Blessed!
Kat, sorry to hear it rained, food sounds delicious though!

blessed hope you feel better soon! being sick pregnant is the worst ever.

Kat your dinner sounds like it was amazing! Gift cards are so much fun to shop with. Love free shopping money :p

Don't worry Clandestine you'll pop. First time definitely takes longer. At 15 weeks this time I was as big as I was at 24 weeks with my oldest!

I'm at work today. But tomorrow I'm going to habitat for humanity to work for a day. I kinda think I might be nuts :p But my brother and his wife are getting a house built so want to help them get their hours in!

I hope you feel better blessed!

Ajarvis that's impressive, I can't even leave my house most days! Have fun

Kat glad food was good and sorry for rain!

Thanks guys :flower: Yep the rain sucked but we knew it was going to rain so had my in-laws bring 2 long tables so we could fit 10 people. Only minus was my toxic mother yet again re-writing history so I came out ungrateful and bad. My MIL fell for it and chastised me but I didn't want to make a fuss so shrugged it off. My mother also made derogatory comments about people that watch the Eurovision Song Contest that they're uintelligent people (said in a super arrogant, condescending tone) despite the fact that she watched for years and knew I watch plus could hear DH's almost 11 year old nephew is a huge fan:nope: But yep food was great and it was a nice evening which got better once my mother went home:haha:

Blessed that was sorta my plan although I'm afraid it'll end in drama :wacko: I'll definitely need to be firm though as the woman has no respect for polite brush offs:nope:

Ajarvis wow that's so great, hope the day goes well :thumbup:

Thanks ladies. I'm getting fairly sore lately so doing this now so I can help while I can still move :p

Kat, I want to eat all the food at your party, LOL! I'm also glad you got certificates to buy things!

Thanks for the reassurances everyone about my lack of bump! I have always been thick but athletic, joked for years about my abs of steel hiding under padding!

I'm almost finished with our registry, about to go crazy with crafts soon.

@blessed I dodged the flu at work, but had allergies and was so determined to tough it out without meds that gave myself a sinus infection and now have antibiotics and allergy meds! Stupid time of year! I hope you are feeling better!

Thanks ladies. I'm getting fairly sore lately so doing this now so I can help while I can still move :p

I missed your first post the first time, I think the work your are doing is amazing! I know my doctor would be perfectly ok with it, use common sense, drink lots of water, etc. Certainly it's no worse than my exercise!

thanks ladies I however feel worse today as I have a sinus headache and have tried everything ... steaming with menthol, nasal spray, paracetamol ... nothing is helping I even tried a warm compress ... I don't feel like Im coping well at all ...

Clandestine yeah it's nice to get gift certificates although we can only buy smaller items with the amounts they're good for. Probably will use some of it on baby clothes and things in a similar price range.

Blessed sorry you're still feeling poorly. I don't know what else you can try though that's pregnancy safe. Maybe ask your GP /midwife what else helps?

AFM still haven't heard back from my childish friend yet and it's been 2 weeks. I guess having heard my baby's heartbeat for the 1st time was uninteresting news:shrug::growlmad: Don't think I'll send her pregnancy related updates anymore :nope:

I have a 'friend' like that Kat. I've decided today I'm cutting all ties with her. I made several emergency phone calls to her yesterday needing just someone to talk to; she still hasn't even called me back or even text to ask if all is okay.

I'm done with being there for people who are not there for me - and the best bit is she is supposed to be my birthing partner... :haha:

I missed your first post the first time, I think the work your are doing is amazing! I know my doctor would be perfectly ok with it, use common sense, drink lots of water, etc. Certainly it's no worse than my exercise!

I agree! Was a good day. I'm tired and a little sore, but nothing bad. Will sleep good tonight :p

As much work as it was I'd rather do that then my day job haha.

I have a 'friend' like that Kat. I've decided today I'm cutting all ties with her. I made several emergency phone calls to her yesterday needing just someone to talk to; she still hasn't even called me back or even text to ask if all is okay.

I'm done with being there for people who are not there for me - and the best bit is she is supposed to be my birthing partner... :haha:

Wow sorry you're experiencing something similar to me. Has she done that before? If so I'd definitely try finding someone else.

I feel the same way though. My friend's last excuse for not responding to a text was she "thought (she) had answered (me)":dohh: I know mine is a bit on the selfish side, I blame her adoptive parents for having coddled her because her birth parents abandoned her on the side of a road when she was 3. I'm thinking she's all about her boyfriend right now and just assumes I'll be there for her no matter her behavior. The friendship has been mostly one-sided, with me giving 70-80% and her 20-30%. I'm also wondering if the fact that DH and I don't live so close to her anymore is also affecting things, she can't just bike over anymore and would need to take the train for 1 hour to get here.

thanks Kat I feel much better today ... its really a relief to wake up feeling so much better instead of congested and sore ...

Lost and Kat that is so bad sorry you guys don't have support from your friends ... Lost I'd change my birthing partner if I were you imagine going into labour and trying to call her ...

Ajarvis glad you had a good day ...

It feels to me like October is so close but yet so far LOL ... I hope the following weeks flies by for us

Congrats imaginary:flower:

Blessed glad you're feeling better:thumbup: Yeah it really stinks:nope: And I can just imagine when my friend starts TTCing that she'll make a big deal of it and constantly call me about the how-to's:dohh: Never mind when she's pregnant, she'll then be non-stop calling about every pain and niggle she feels. I'm already exhausted just thinking about it:nope:

Lost/ Kat: This is easier for me to say because I'm an introvert who does ok without a lot (or really, any) friends, but I would drop those ladies and make room in your life for someone better. I have two very good friends now, but in the time I've gotten close to them I've removed two others from my life completely. It's ok to out grow someone or have them no longer add value to your life and simply move on.

Ajarvis, I'm so glad to hear the build went well! I also find myself preferring crafty type things to my day job, but not quite enough to change fields.

Blessed, all glad to hear you are finally out from under your illness!

Congrats on the scan imaginary!

AFM... Tomorrow is 20 weeks. Just wow. Waiting for printers to finish announcements, hoping by the weekend. Been trying to sneak in time to complete registry/ shopping list between projects at work, got assistance from my friend with kids to help me sort out what's really useful and what's not! All that and looking for ways to improve work at the same time, still exhausted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->