• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

We have done almost nothing, except make a registry/ shopping list (I totally put EVERYTHING on one Amazon registry, including both car seats and other super expensive things I expect we'll be buying ourselves, just so it is all in one place). I am going to hold out and hope we get things from other people, but will probably start a massive buy around mid-August.

I have finished the one quilt and am about halfway through the second with supplies for the third on-hand already. Hubster has bought the plans for the crib, dresser/changing table... and that's it. I have also bookmarked a private company that makes the baby boxes like women get in Finland, just in case he doesn't finish the crib in time!

My little guy is also super low, BTW. I'm almost 5'7" though - everything I feel is below my belly button (probably not helped by my anterior placenta). But he's been perfect every time they check him, so not worried at all here. I don't think it really matters where they are, as long as they are growing appropriately.

@Clandestine -
lol, same here on the baby registry.. I figured if people didn't want to buy it from Amazon then they could find it in a store and just make a note on the registry that it was purchased...

ajarvis I totally get that! In our case, DH and I will get to decide everything since we won't be getting any clothes from anyone:nope:

Ella, DH and I have only bought a baby carriage and car seat and we're missing everything else since this is baby #1! We'll most likely be buying the used crib (DH will be looking at it on Monday afternoon instead of tomorrow as his collegue had forgotten she has a previous engagement scheduled tomorrow afternoon) and next month will buy a changing table and some diverse items (breast pump, bottles, clothes, pacifiers, bath ect.) although we'll be spreading some of the diverse items over the next 3 or so months to keep our monthly cost down (everything is super expensive here because of the 25% tax). In Denmark, there's no tradition for getting anything from anyone so we know for sure that no one will be buying anything for us before baby is here so it's all on us. No hand me downs either as it's been 8 years since his eldest brother had his last child and everything has been given away or sold long ago:nope:

As for feeling baby, mine seems to be all over the place at the moment, both below and above the belly button :haha: I'm 175-176 cm in height though:shrug:

Clandestine so great your DH can figure out how to do that! My DH is all thumbs so think just putting a pre-fabricated crib (and changing table) together is challenge enough for him :haha:

I have also bought a few blankets and clothes in clearances sales and will buy some more at the end of July ... I am so relaxed and yet I know I have to start making a list of what still needs to be done and sorted out ...

I feel my baby everywhere as well Kat she moves and squirms all over ...

Has anyone noticed that their baby has a routine? When I get into bed at 9pm she will move and kick and then I finally fall asleep ... I wake up to pee but she wont move then and then at about 4am she starts moving again until about 5:30am when I get out of bed to get ready for work LOL is she going to be an early riser

I think mine may be starting to get one although there can still be a bit of variation, I guess depending on his/her mood that day :shrug: Baby seems to almost always be moving around early in the morning though while what times during the rest of the day plus how much movement can vary still a bit. Luckily baby is mostly pretty quiet when I go to bed which is good as it means I can fall asleep more easily:thumbup: But I'm also first time pregnant so don't know how much variation there can be and it still be termed a routine:shrug:

you will pick up on a consistent one now that Ive mentioned it to you ... my baby moves about during the day too especially when I put my laptop near to my tummy and when Scotlynn comes close to my tummy

So DH and I ended up going to the baby store as I suddenly saw that they had a changing table on sale - at 40% off:thumbup::happydance: Bought a few other items, had to hurry as they were closing in 10 minutes:wacko:

Puslehynde.jpg

Puslekommode.jpg

Elefant.jpg

40% off is a great bargain! I <3 the pulley elephant!

Yep, they also has a crib at 40% off as well but DH wants to first take a look at the crib his collegue has at it'll be slightly cheaper to buy it from her if it's really as good as new. They also have 50% off some of the clothes but DH and I couldn't reach to take a look before they were just about to close so he says we will have to try going back before the 13th when the sale ends.

I also really love that elephant although DH wasn't much for the price:haha: The elephant is attached with magnets so it can be taken off the pulley easily. I'm guessing it's mostly going to decorate the room though until baby is old enough to play with it. I also want to get a couple of stuffed animals as well, they have a really cute bunny and lamb I'm definitely planning on getting that baby can play with a lot sooner.

40% off is a great deal :)

I have a bunch of toys for baby already that MIL sent. So not worried about that. But i need to clean out the baby's room!

Went camping this weekend for Canada day. Two nights of camping is leaving me pretty sore! My own bed is going to be nice :)

40% off is a great deal :)

I have a bunch of toys for baby already that MIL sent. So not worried about that. But i need to clean out the baby's room!

Went camping this weekend for Canada day. Two nights of camping is leaving me pretty sore! My own bed is going to be nice :)

It sure is:thumbup:

Wow so great your MIL has already bought stuff. Mine and my FIL complained about us buying the elephant toy because "it's the type of toy (they) could've bought for the baby ":nope: So now DH has put buying any toys on hold which stinks. Plus now that DH mentioned he was going to look at a crib, his parents suddenly said they think they have the one his older brother used for his 2 kids that's still in great condition :dohh: Oh and MIL suddenly told us she made a changing bag for us back when she made one for DH's big brother when he was expecting baby #1. So now the one we bought as part of a package deal has to be sold :dohh: I honestly don't get why his parents inform us of things like that when we’re about to buy or have bought something :nope: It's like they think we're too early out buying things or something.

Wow I can't imagine camping now, feel like I sometimes have trouble sleeping already in my own bed:haha: Hope you had a good time though!

I think to everyone except us pregnant people October is still far away lol. so they feel like they have lots of time. Sometimes I feel like that too and other times I feel like there's no time for anything.

I am definitely super sore from Camping. Not sure how much more I'll want to do. Camping at 27 weeks pregnant is interesting lol.

Hi ladies

Gosh kudos to you ajarvis on the camping. I just cleaned my house today and have been so sore I can't imagine going camping still.

Great buys Kat.

AFM I'm so sore and tired today. My hips and lower back is killing me, although I had a warm bath and DH rubbed me. The meds I'm on for my tachycardia seems to be helping me quite well although by afternoon the palpitations and shortness of breathe starts again. Will mention it to the Dr next week.

Is anyone's lady bits swollen and sore?

Mine aren't swollen and sore, but do seem to have more lushness... TMI... but my whole second trimester has made me kind of insatiable in the bedroom. Hubster hasn't started complaining yet, at least.

mine feels swollen and I have like pains shooting through it ...

I think to everyone except us pregnant people October is still far away lol. so they feel like they have lots of time. Sometimes I feel like that too and other times I feel like there's no time for anything.

I am definitely super sore from Camping. Not sure how much more I'll want to do. Camping at 27 weeks pregnant is interesting lol.

Could be, although you'd think my MIL would understand it to some extent having had 3 kids herself:shrug: But maybe she just didn't feel such a strong nesting urge? I feel like time for the most part goes by pretty quickly, feels like just a short while ago I got my BFP and I'm already 26 weeks:wacko:

I can imagine, I definitely wouldn't be camping close to the EDD at least, imagine suddenly going into labour while camping:wacko:

Blessed, thanks:flower: Mine are swollen (thinking it's due to extra blood flow?) but not sore at all. Sounds uncomfortable, especially if you're having pains. Here's hoping it goes away soon!

Clandestine I can imagine your DH has no complaints then:winkwink:

AFM got my DH to see one of those pregnancy documentaries (and to agree to see "In the Womb" next week). I think he found it really interesting to see how baby develops until he had to see 2 women give birth in the end (one vaginally, the other needed a C-section). Then he was closing his eyes and putting his hands in front of his face:haha: I couldn't help but laugh at him because it was hysterical :haha: He couldn't answer me though on how he's going to handle me in one of those situations in October though. Here's hoping he'll do fine anyway when that time comes though.

Oh and I'm more and more sure I want to do the cloth diapering thing. I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the extra investment to buy them with snaps (much more expensive here) instead of those "old school" ones that need to be folded:shrug:

lol. Kat you'd think so. But for them pregnancy was a LONG time ago. I keep wondering what I'll be like when my kids have kids :p

I'd like to do cloth diapering in theory, but I know I'd never keep up with the laundry. Keeping up with the laundry now is bad enough. Never mind the diapers a baby goes through ha. When I was looking at it I was definitely going for snaps though. Didn't want anything to be more difficult with the newborn around. My blessing is my older kids are older - so they'll be in school alot of the time!

oh yes ajarvis I definitely cant keep up with the housework especially now that my helper has gone awol

Ajarvis yeah that's probably it but still weird they don't remember the whole nesting stage.

As for cloth I like how it saves you a ton of money in the long run, is better for the environment and baby avoids all those chemicals found in those one-use diapers. Plus I read it's easier to toilet/potty train them as they can better feel that the diaper is wet (so you save more money since it shortens how long they use diapers). To me doing extra laundry seems a small price to pay in comparison to all the pros:shrug:

I think it's easier to sign up for the extra laundry when it's just the one kid, also! We are also trying the ones with snaps, both to hold the inserts inside and to close. I did sooooo much reading about them a few weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->