• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

Wow that's a lot of kicks ajarvis I've never really counted kicks

Yea it was crazy lol. But she's like that often at night. Gets sore sometimes. There's an app called kickme that you just tap every time she kicks. Then at the end you can see the stats. Neat. Especially if you're a numbers person :)

good luck with your scan Ella

Im back at work today ... and I cannot believe my boss didn't even let my colleagues know I was in hospital ... I so cant wait to go on maternity leave now

ajarvis wow that sounds like a lot:wacko: I haven't bothered counting yet as I read you first need to start doing it around week 28 so think I'll wait until then and in the meantime go with the midwife's recommendation of just making sure I feel movement within max a 12 hour time period.

Ella good luck with your scan!

Blessed wow totally odd:nope:

AFM DH has talked to a collegue and she has a crib for sale that's only very lightly used with 1 child so we may very well buy it if the price is right. Will have to ask her if she has anything else e.g. a changing table as we're still missing one of those too:wacko:

really odd ...

hope its not too pricey and she has some other items for sale too ...

really odd ...

hope its not too pricey and she has some other items for sale too ...

Yeah could it be your boss just didn't want to tell them in case you felt it was a private matter?

Thanks I hope so too:flower: Told DH to try asking if she has any unisex newborn clothes as well. Haven't heard back from him yet but he texted me he'll get back to me ASAP.

We're having another boy! They saw a small white dot on the heart but said it probably means nothing. Apart from that, everything healthy!

I have to say I was hoping to be able to shop for girls things and now I don't have much shopping to do, but I'm happy for my son that he will have a brother :)

Blessed maybe because of confidentiality or just because that's pretty private to tell people that you were in hospital?

kat my SO is picking up our crib tonight! The change table I wanted she ended up selling :( - different person - but I'm just keeping my eye out for a good used one. They are usually used so little that I do not want to pay full price! Actually the only things we will pay full price for are the car seats - we need two - and the stroller. Everything else will be second hand.

Congrats Ella :) I love seeing my boys together. They're such great friends! This little girl is going to have to rely on her cousin as she's not getting a younger sibling from us ha.

I started using the kickme app a couple weeks ago because movement was consistent. So I was curious. I'm in third tri now depending on who's count you go by :p and this website officially SATURDAY! wow time flies. My MIL will be here in 3.5 weeks to paint the nursery so I have to get on cleaning that out and picking my color.

Congrats on team blue Ella!

Hubster has bought the carpentry plans for the crib and checked it against current safety guidelines at my insistence. We also bought plans for a combo dresser/ changing table, but we'll see if he makes the crib! I don't even know where I'd start looking for used things, except for maybe craigslist online. I think it's great for those of you with access to those items (especially the larger ones)!

Nope we pretty much open with everyone ... he didn't have to say what's wrong with me but ah well

congrats Ella they going to be so close ...

yes time has really gone by so quickly hey ... one of these days we will be labour watching LOL ... so cool

we will probably arrange everything at the end of August only LOL talk about being delayed ... but by then it should be a bit warmer and DD can move into her own room as she is currently in our room with her own bed though ...

How hard does the dresser/change table look to make? I'd love to make one. But yes Kijiji is super easy to find stuff on here. I buy more stuff there than new!

Congrats Ella, so glad the scan went well:flower:

ajarvis so exciting! Too bad about the changing table though. My DH is going over to his collegue's house tomorrow after work to take a look at the crib before saying he'll buy it as the price she wants is pretty reasonable - just to make sure it looks in good a shape as it does in pics. She didn't have a changing table so we will most likely have to buy one from the nearest baby store as there aren't many options for buying used for us :shrug: Clothes we'll probably end up buying new as well as I don't think there are any 2nd hand stores in this town, we'd have to try a larger town and wouldn't be sure of them having any baby clothes anyway. Yep that's what happens when you're "late to the game", expecting baby #1 and everyone has had their children so anything they had has been sold or given away long ago (that is if they aren't keeping it in storage for any future child):dohh:

I've bought some new clothes, but all at clearance prices. I expect my MIL will buy us a bunch as well. SO was confused why I was buying her some when his mom is going to - silly men.

I've bought some new clothes, but all at clearance prices. I expect my MIL will buy us a bunch as well. SO was confused why I was buying her some when his mom is going to - silly men.

So lucky! I'm hoping there will be a bit of a sale by that time but not counting on it. I seriously doubt my in-laws will be buying anything for the baby, at least not until the Christening sometime next April so that's out:nope: My toxic mother is of course not buying anything either, all she does is complain about how she can't make much for the baby since we're team :yellow: all the way. She b****ed and moaned about it Monday :nope:

Even if your MIL is buying some stuff, there's no reason you can't buy a couple of items:winkwink:

exactly! Plus I want to pick out her outfit for coming home from the hospital lol. I think I already have the booties, and hat. Just need the actual outfit. 13ish weeks to decide :)

@ajarvis: this is the link to the plans for the changing table/ dresser:
https://www.woodcraft.com/product/4...plan-to-build-changing-table-and-dresser.aspx
The plans look super straightforward - ditto for the crib that's linked/listed farther down the same page. Hubster described it as no more complicated than assembling something you buy from the store, only you have to cut and prepare the separate pieces first.

Is anyone else's baby low and really forward? Mine keeps squirming around in the front, actually so low it's on top of my pubic bone - it feels so weird...

I managed to persuade my DH that I need new things despite having beautiful boys clothes that are only 2 years old.

Time is flying can't believe some of you are going into 3rd tri. already.

I keep thinking we have ages to prepare but really not. We are probably going to be on vacation in August, so that just leaves July, Septemeber and the beginning of October to sort everything out.

What's on everyone' to-do list now? Aside from sorting through what we have stored and seeing what we need new, finding it hard to think of what else needs doing... he will be sharing with his brother so the room is pretty much ready - just need to decide if I'm going to move DS out of the crib or not before baby need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->