• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

Wow this thread has gone a bit quiet :wacko:

How's everyone doing? Weekend plans?

My DH is planning his birthday party for this Saturday, he's still trying to decide what meat to serve (and what fish or shellfood to give me):wacko: My toxic mother is coming so here's hoping she behaves herself somewhat.

Oh btw was looking at my list of names for each gender and have changed it out a bit. Some of the names I liked are super popular so weeding those out as I don't want my kid being e.g. 1 of 3-4 with the same name in their class :wacko: DH is impossible with his and unfortunately some of the names he's suggested are names I absolutely hate :dohh:

Also don't know what to do about that wedding we're going to next month. DH is mostly into buying a maternity dress for me 2nd hand but I think that'll be hard to find, especially in the small town we now live in. But I can see spending money on a dress I'll wear 1-2 before October may be a bit crazy. Suggestions?

hi Kat

I think most of the October ladies are chatting in the thread in third tri now .. yes its gone quiet now .. we have names picked out which we both love ... we love modern names though ...

I cant also justify spending x amount on clothes I wont wear long unless you get yourself a wrap dress which you can wear after the baby is born too

I bought all of babies toiletries now and need to get diapers and my hospital bag stuff then we are set to go ...

no plans for the weekend YET ... hope you guys have a great time

Yea I think the thread in third tri is busier. This thread has been fairly dead for a while.

for your dress I'd look for even just a long Maxi dress. Would work for a wedding and cover the bump and fairly inexpensive (here at least!) if you can't find a second hand maternity one of course.

Blessed I forgot about baby toiletries besides diapers :p oops. something to add to the list haha.

hi Kat

I think most of the October ladies are chatting in the thread in third tri now .. yes its gone quiet now .. we have names picked out which we both love ... we love modern names though ...

I cant also justify spending x amount on clothes I wont wear long unless you get yourself a wrap dress which you can wear after the baby is born too

I bought all of babies toiletries now and need to get diapers and my hospital bag stuff then we are set to go ...

no plans for the weekend YET ... hope you guys have a great time

Aww that's a shame, don't see why this thread can't continue for the last 3 months or so. I think that most threads like this just keep on going normally. So should I join a new thread?

Glad you and your DH are having an easier time with names and have found some:thumbup:

Hmmm I see your point although I'm not into wearing something that's very loose so it looks like a tent. I was hoping for something a bit fitted. I still remember the dress my ex-SIL wore the month before she ended up having the baby, it was very loose from just over the bump and down and it made her look huge and it just didn't look good. Cna you get wrap dresses that are pretty fitted over the bump? Don't think I'd want something very loose.

So great you've done all your shopping, wish it was me:haha: Still feel like we're missing a ton of stuff:wacko:

Hope you also have a great weekend!

Yea I think the thread in third tri is busier. This thread has been fairly dead for a while.

for your dress I'd look for even just a long Maxi dress. Would work for a wedding and cover the bump and fairly inexpensive (here at least!) if you can't find a second hand maternity one of course.

Blessed I forgot about baby toiletries besides diapers :p oops. something to add to the list haha.

OK, it's just a pity though as like I said, I think most threads like this continue on until all babies are born from what I can tell. Guess I'll have to join a new thread then :(

Are maxi dresses fitted? Like I said, I don't want something super loose, I'm afraid it'll make me look huge:wacko:

The Maxi I have is fairly fitted and stretchy. So I think it'll work well.

I think this thread died long ago. I think the majority went to the facebook group. I'm not a part of it, but even though lost said that wasn't the intention it sure seemed like it was from the time it started. In the past these threads do continue after baby is born. But I think there will mainly just be a few of us!

The Maxi I have is fairly fitted and stretchy. So I think it'll work well.

I think this thread died long ago. I think the majority went to the facebook group. I'm not a part of it, but even though lost said that wasn't the intention it sure seemed like it was from the time it started. In the past these threads do continue after baby is born. But I think there will mainly just be a few of us!

OK I'll look into both maxi and wrap type dresses and see what I find. May have to go into an actual store though to make sure I find something reasonably fitted and to also make sure it fits over my bump.

Yeah I never did join the FB group as I was waiting until I was ready to do my FB pregnancy announcement after the 20 week scan. Not even sure I'd have joined anyway if my FB friends can see I'm part of a pregnancy group as I don't want my mix of toxic and enabler relatives to know (for as long as possible anyway, I'm sure they'll find out at one point). It's still odd though that most strictly follow the FB group and never write here though.

I may just stick around here even though the vast majority seem to have left this group. I have a pretty complicated past and I'm not sure I want to explain my whole dysfunctional family again to a whole new set of people:wacko: But if none of the rest of you are planning on following this thread anymore, I may just have to stick with my pregnancy journal although I don't many followers on it :(

I'm still here and not on a Facebook group - 29 weeks tomorrow and still haven't made a Facebook announcement. Though we might *finally* this weekend. My birthday is actually this Saturday, so we left the USA for Europe for a trip we'd originally intended to take in October. My journal here is also down to a small group of followers - years ago, when I first started TTC there were almost a dozen of us in our 30s all TTC together. Most had their babies and got busy - a few still peek in on me once in awhile, but mostly everyone I know is busy offline. From that group I am friends with most on FB, but we got to know each other over years before doing that, most of them don't even know I am pregnant! I'll still be on this thread as long as there are other ladies still showing up - even if it's just the small group it's been who are active!

I'll also still be using this thread. At least until my LOs get here. I'm sure I will be running around like a chicken with my head cut off once they arrive, so no promises after that.

I'm excited to head over to 3rd tri on Sunday!

The 3rd tri group that I think most of us that are somewhat active are on is ANY OTHER OCTOBER MUMMIES?
I joined a fb group, and let me tell you, there has been a lot of drama.. smh
It's still been handy for me as I can only get on here from work but have fb on my phone.

I'll still be chatting here and on the one in third tri ...

I think the one in third tri is just easier to get to as most of us or all of us should be in third tri now ...

I agree to still continue chatting on a group like this until after baby is born as I still chat on my March Monkeys 2014 one ...

Kat I hope you find a nice dress ...

Ajarvis oops LOL its like we forget what to get I was staring at all the things trying to figure out what worked and what didn't with Scotlynn ...

Clandestine hope you enjoy your birthday tomorrow and the holiday ... sounds so fun ...

I'm still here and not on a Facebook group - 29 weeks tomorrow and still haven't made a Facebook announcement. Though we might *finally* this weekend. My birthday is actually this Saturday, so we left the USA for Europe for a trip we'd originally intended to take in October. My journal here is also down to a small group of followers - years ago, when I first started TTC there were almost a dozen of us in our 30s all TTC together. Most had their babies and got busy - a few still peek in on me once in awhile, but mostly everyone I know is busy offline. From that group I am friends with most on FB, but we got to know each other over years before doing that, most of them don't even know I am pregnant! I'll still be on this thread as long as there are other ladies still showing up - even if it's just the small group it's been who are active!

Hope you have a great trip and birthday tomorrow:flower:

I think my situation is similiar. When I first joined BnB, I would join those 2 WW groups every month and pretty much everyone I knew was getting their BFPs eventually and I was one of the few that kept on having to join the next month's group. I ended up stopping joining those groups because while I was happy for everyone else having easy/relatively easy time getting pregnant, it made me sad for me and I just felt like I couldn't keep going through it again and again. So could be part of the reason why I don't have many followers.

I'll also still be using this thread. At least until my LOs get here. I'm sure I will be running around like a chicken with my head cut off once they arrive, so no promises after that.

I'm excited to head over to 3rd tri on Sunday!

Great to know ash! And I'm sure everyone will understand you disappearing for a bit once the twins are here. I'm only having 1 baby and have a feeling I may be a bit MIA the first few days as well:haha:

And yay for being in 3rd tri Sunday:happydance:

The 3rd tri group that I think most of us that are somewhat active are on is ANY OTHER OCTOBER MUMMIES?
I joined a fb group, and let me tell you, there has been a lot of drama.. smh
It's still been handy for me as I can only get on here from work but have fb on my phone.

Ah ok, I'll think about joining or not but don't know if it's a bit late to join another group with an EDD of October 9th:shrug:

Sorry about all the drama on your FB group, that would probably lead me to not being very active as I try and avoid drama (seeing as how my dysfunctional family love to create it).

I'll still be chatting here and on the one in third tri ...

I think the one in third tri is just easier to get to as most of us or all of us should be in third tri now ...

I agree to still continue chatting on a group like this until after baby is born as I still chat on my March Monkeys 2014 one ...

Kat I hope you find a nice dress ...

Ajarvis oops LOL its like we forget what to get I was staring at all the things trying to figure out what worked and what didn't with Scotlynn ...

Clandestine hope you enjoy your birthday tomorrow and the holiday ... sounds so fun ...

Thanks Blessed:flower:

AFM my DH called my toxic mother last night about arranging for his big brother to pick her up on the way tomorrow but she's now decided not to come:wacko: Don't know if it's because DH told her about his early birthday party later than his family or what, either way she's not coming. At least I can relax and not have to deal with any drama she'd be trying to create although I'm sure his parents are going to make a thing out of her not coming, how it's such a shame for her. They still don't totally get how awful a human being she really is because she plays the "poor, sweet, lonely, old mother that did everything for her 'ungrateful' kids" really well. She really knows how to charm people, just like my very toxic older brother:nope: So the very few times she's let her mask slip in front of them, they seem to forget it.

On a brighter note, thought I'd share a 28 week bump pic:blush:

28 weeks.jpg

cute bump pic ...

such a pity she isn't coming hey ... I hope you guys enjoy the party tomorrow ...

and no need to worry about your due date as that thread was started last week ...
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/2400568-any-other-october-mummies.html
please join us

I have a yeast infection and am heading to the pharmacy to get something now for it

cute bump pic ...

such a pity she isn't coming hey ... I hope you guys enjoy the party tomorrow ...

and no need to worry about your due date as that thread was started last week ...
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/2400568-any-other-october-mummies.html
please join us

I have a yeast infection and am heading to the pharmacy to get something now for it

Ah not such a pity, at least she can't come with sideways comments to my IL's about what a bad daughter/person I am:dohh: Drama free tomorrow, yay:thumbup:

Ah ok, I'll take a look then:flower:

Oy sorry about your yeast infection, I hope the meds clear it up quickly!

Im still here :)
I dont have internet at home.. cant get it for some stupid reason so i use my phone and its just harder to reply to everyones comments.

I had a 4d scan the other day and bubs is looking great shes got little chubby cheeks and is totally adorable! Will post some pics :)

Cant believe our babies will start to be born in about 10 or more weeks!! So exciting.

MissCassie just look at those cheeks man ... too cute ... cant wait to see more pics

There are 3 October facebook groups that I know of.... each is a slight difference and one did happen to have a lot of drama at the beginning but has gotten more relaxed lately. I have a hard time getting on as I'm on my phone most of the time and work is busy so I only get on every once in a while.... it sucks becuz I'd LOVE to be more involved! Let me know if any of you are interested in joining one of the groups, they are private. I have not and do not plan to announce and haven't had any issues. Nobody can see my involvement.

No plans for the weekend here, my son leaves early for a birthday party, so I'll be solo most of it. Thinking perhaps a weekend of nothing would be great right now.

I'm getting a lot of swelling in my feet from the heat, my right one is especially bad. Hoping it's nothing of concern so will be bringing up to midwives.

Life is just feeling a bit overwhelming here with the idea of doing this alone. I'm okay with it, it's more just this initial fear of sinking alone with a newborn and 3 year old.

Hope everyone is doing well otherwise. It's nice to have these online resources to share what's going on.

Absolutely adorable pics MissCassie!
I'm kind of hoping my dr. will do another scan before too long and that we can get a 3D image or two...
Weather here is rough, about 108F with the heat index so I'm staying either inside in the AC or outside in the pool..
Time is flying! We're all getting so close!!

Great pics MissCassie:flower: I'd love to get some 4D scan pics of my baby but it's just so super expensive here so probably won't get any done :wacko:

JCh ah ok, good that the FB groups are not able to be seen by people in your friends list. Not sure though that I'd want to join any now that I'm so close to my EDD but good to know for the future if DH and I are able to have baby #2:winkwink: Hope your son had a great time at the birthday party! As for swollen feet, I heard it can help to put your feet up whenever possible. Hope it's just because of the heat and nothing of concern.

AFM DH's birthday party yesterday went pretty well although my toxic mother's absence led to some questioning. My MIL started by telling me almost as soon as she got here that apparently because of my mother's crappy dentures, she's not eating much and has been telling my MIL that she's "incredibly thin and wasting away":dohh: I know my mother and it's clearly just a cry for attention and her being dramatic. It's like the closer I get to EDD, the more she seems to be seeking attention. I told my MIL that it's most likely nothing and my mother has a tendency towards the dramatic and seeking attention. I told her she's said similiar stuff in the past and then DH and I come over and she may start off complaining and being dramatic but then starts acting total opposite. I don't think my MIL believed me and was all like "I think you should go out to her on Monday and take care of her!":dohh: Ummm.... just no. I don't have the kind of loving relationship with my toxic mother that my MIL has with her own mother - mine has been highly emotionally abusive all my life and didn't spend any time with me as a kid unless she could somehow garner attention or praise or take credit for any talents I have. Plus DH always takes the car so can't get out to my toxic mother's house anyway, not that I would want to extend the effort. I just got really annoyed though that despite the fact DH and I have told my MIL that my toxic mother hasn't been the model mother she claims to everyone, my MIL refuses to understand it - yet has no problems with mixing into it and making em feel like a bad person:growlmad: My toxic mother is clearly taking advantage of her naive and gullible nature:dohh: Apparently my FIL talked to DH about it as well but when DH pretty much said the same that my mother is most likely just being dramatic and attention.seeking, he tended to agree more. My eldest BIL also asked but DH quickly got the topic changed after 2 minutes. Ugh, it's so annoying that even though they're no contact, my mother and toxic brother are working in tandem to destroy me in front of each family - my brother with my family of origin and my mother with the family I've married into:nope:

hi ladies

cute pics Miss Cassie ... she is so beautiful ...

Jch hope you've rested and the swelling has gone down...

FaithyJ its winter here and today has got to be our coldest day yet ... enjoy the pool ...

Kat such a pity the party turned into a topic of your mother ... I hope after the discussion you guys got to enjoy it though

AFM - I had my leg pull stiff over the weekend twice ... so I have been eating bananas in moderation though ... my leg is still sore and my muscle feels tight ... other than that I had a nice weekend relaxing with some movies and series and being in bed latest 9pm ... we also made our first purchase of diapers so things are almost done on our side

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->