• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

hi ladies

cute pics Miss Cassie ... she is so beautiful ...

Jch hope you've rested and the swelling has gone down...

FaithyJ its winter here and today has got to be our coldest day yet ... enjoy the pool ...

Kat such a pity the party turned into a topic of your mother ... I hope after the discussion you guys got to enjoy it though

AFM - I had my leg pull stiff over the weekend twice ... so I have been eating bananas in moderation though ... my leg is still sore and my muscle feels tight ... other than that I had a nice weekend relaxing with some movies and series and being in bed latest 9pm ... we also made our first purchase of diapers so things are almost done on our side

Yeah it really sucked and put me in a bad mood for most of the rest of the evening. I now shudder to think how my MIL is going to react when she finds out I won't be inviting any of my toxic siblings or my enabler cousin for the Christening, I'm sure she'll mix into that as well and try and make me feel like a horrible person :dohh:

Sorry about your leg, have you tried doing leg stretches? I think in my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book they mention something about different stretching excercises that help. I haven't really read that part since I've dodged that bulletthough. Glad your weekend was much better than mine:thumbup: And great you've started buying diapers! I'm still waiting on the cloth diapers I've ordered. If they don't come by Friday/Saturday, I'll write to the seller and let him know there may be an issue.

thanks I will check if there is any online videos to watch ...

I can maybe also try taking pics of the pages on my phone and attach them in a new post? I'll try anyway:haha:

thanks Kat ... the pain has subsided somewhat in my leg after DH rubbed it and I took a warm bath ... I will try those exercises tonight too

JCh I'd be interested in joining the facebook groups! I can easily access those on my phone, and I access this one when on a PC. Balance lol.

Blessed I had leg cramps in my calf while sleeping had to get DH to rub away. My god the residual pain lasted a couple days!

I'm now 30 weeks and feel like I'm finally in the final countdown lol. Lots of braxton hicks, and hiccups happening recently.

Been back to the gym last few weeks so haven't gained any weight! Even if I start gaining again the 1/2lb per week they say happens in final trimester I'll finish at the same weight I did with both the boys. Not too shabby :)

Slowly chipping away at what we need to do for the baby's room. But with DH's Grandpa in hospital it's not going fast at all. Did some yard work etc. though yesterday to just try and catch the house back up into order. My boys have been on vacation with their dad. Which turned out to be good timing since we spent so much time in hospital. But I've missed them a lot so not a lot of "work" happening tonight lol. Some big brother and laundry folding :p

aww hope grandpa is ok ...

yes ajarvis the pain lasted a few days I did some stretches last night and I slept so well ... its a cold and wet day in South Africa today with some parts getting some snowfall ... wish I was home though LOL

ajarvis awww so sorry his grandpa is in the hospital, it's hopefully nothing serious:nope:

DH never did get the changing dresser put together this past weekend so will definitely have to get him to do it this coming weekend. We did get a canopy for the cradle and the IL's have offered to buy a mattress for it since they messed up and told us it was an adjusteable crib. Here's the new canopy, got it at 50% off (which is good if it's only gonna be used for 4-5 months:wacko:):

Canopy 1.jpg

Canopy 2.jpg

Canopy 3.jpg

nice one Kat ... and Im glad the inlaws are buying the mattress

Thanks Blessed:flower: Yeah especially since a mattress can be pretty expensive and it'll be only used for those 4-5 months. I've asked DH to try and ask his colleague if the crib she had is still for sale since she wasn't asking much for it. We'll just not tell his parents if she still has it and we buy it because I can just imagine them going nuts over that and being all "Why can't you just wait until those 4-5 months are gone?" Even if there's a sale again on cribs, we wouldn't be able to get one at that price so we'll actually be saving money. If she doesn't still have it, we'll just wait until the next sale on cribs and yet again, not tell his parents.

oh gosh Im happy my inlaws don't involve themselves so much in our affairs ... they just go with whatever we decide and support our decision ...

I hope his colleague still has the crib available for you guys ...

oh gosh Im happy my inlaws don't involve themselves so much in our affairs ... they just go with whatever we decide and support our decision ...

I hope his colleague still has the crib available for you guys ...

Unfortunately, mine treat us like small children sometimes, especially my MIL is really bad at involving herself in our financial affairs (although she isn't above doing cleaning around our house when she's here, guess it's a statement on my housewife skills although she's a bit of an extreme neat freak :wacko:). I think it's because DH is the only one working (making money) and I'm going to be a SAHM so she doesn't think we should be spending much money on anything. Not that we're going crazy with our money (with DH being especially frugal) so don't get it. I'm the only one that tries to set boundaries though for my MIL when she's going too far as DH has issues doing it himself sometimes - which can lead to uncomfortable moments for me as I'd rather not. I feel like I have such huge issues with my own "family" (I call them my FOO = "family of origin") that I'd prefer to have as good of a relationship as possible with DH's family.

As for the crib, I hope so as well. Otherwise we'll just wait for another 40% sale on cribs at the local baby shop and buy one at that point. Guess we'll have to hide it really well if another sale comes up soon so my MIL doesn't go nuts, it's just not worth having it somewhere where she'll see it, especially if it's months before we're actually going to need to use it:nope:

Thanks ladies. We're hoping for the best. Right now taking it one day at a time.

Anyone nauseous again? Last week it started slowly - nauseous after eating, or not eating. But last couple days I'm full blown nauseous again. It's brutal. Just sitting at work feeling like I could throw up any second. Like being in 1st tri again, but with a huge uncomfy belly :p

Thanks ladies. We're hoping for the best. Right now taking it one day at a time.

Anyone nauseous again? Last week it started slowly - nauseous after eating, or not eating. But last couple days I'm full blown nauseous again. It's brutal. Just sitting at work feeling like I could throw up any second. Like being in 1st tri again, but with a huge uncomfy belly :p

Yes, I had it for the past 4 days, including most of yesterday, then suddenly last night I was feeling much better and completely ravenous!

Nope, no nausea but I think my heartburn is gradually getting worse:wacko: I've had a few really bad attacks the past couple of weeks or so.

My heartburn is bad when it flares up, but it's no longer constantly there! So strange.

Hit the gym this morning. Day 1 of the week. Hoping to knock out day 2 tomorrow evening, and day 3 friday morning. Then MAYBE camping. If so it will be our last camping trip of the year likely due to commitments and then being to far along.

enjoy the gym and the camping if you do go ... right now I just want to be home all the time

ajarvis if you end up camping again, hope it's fun! I couldn't imagine doing that now, I have sometimes a slight struggle getting out of bed, never mind if I was getting up from the ground:haha:

So tomorrow is DH's 39th birthday, will have to pack his gift in:wacko: I got him a pair of nice clogs he can use when he's e.g. mowing the lawn. He's been talking about getting a pair for gardening work so bought them for him.

hope he enjoys his birthday and likes his gift ... my birthday is next week Tuesday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->