October Rainbow Babies!!!

Same here! Ahh how can theybe so abrupt and pushy with PAL ladies, it's awful. I can't wait for the whole thing to be over, my pregnancy has been horrible throughout due to worry and less than understanding people :( x

oh katia thats horrible!

if you are measuring behind wont they get you in for regular scans to measure her?

i have my 25 week midwife apptmt on tuesday, hoping to get my mat b1 form. so far she has been lovely, but shes old school so very straight laced, and i have a lovely student as well - im her first case study!

Orrr Bumpy sounds like you are getting lovely care. I would love to see just 1 midwife. We have a team of 3 and so far have had 4 appointments and seen the 3 different ones and the one I saw yesterday was from a different GP surgery so I have seen someone different each time!

oh katia thats horrible!

if you are measuring behind wont they get you in for regular scans to measure her?

i have my 25 week midwife apptmt on tuesday, hoping to get my mat b1 form. so far she has been lovely, but shes old school so very straight laced, and i have a lovely student as well - im her first case study!

You'd think so! :( if she still measures behind next time I'm going to insist something is done. Awh thats good! x

Orrr Bumpy sounds like you are getting lovely care. I would love to see just 1 midwife. We have a team of 3 and so far have had 4 appointments and seen the 3 different ones and the one I saw yesterday was from a different GP surgery so I have seen someone different each time!

I've had ONE midwife appt at 10 weeks and yesterday was the first time I've seen anyone since that!! Absolute joke x

Congrats on team pink Islander!
Happy v day bumpy! Mine was last Mon.

Katie, my dr had me sobbing a couple of weeks ago...more or less told me I was lying when I told her when I had first felt baby. She told me it wasn't possible until at least 20 weeks despite my very high, at the back, posterior placenta!!!
My 25 week midwife appt is next Wed and she said last time I'd get my matb1 form this time. She wouldn' listen to LO's hb at 16 weeks either so got that to look forward to. I'm sure you're entitled by law to request your matb1 form at 25weeks. My work insist on having it by the end of next week otherwise I might not be eligible for my maternity pay and that's working for local government.
Try not to worry Katia. You could always ring your hospital and speak to someone there. I went in for a antenatal assessment yesterday because baby had been moving a lot less. I rang at 9am and they told me to go straight in. However, once I was there, they did tell me they don't investigate less fetal movement until after 28weeks. They did check hb with monitor though but I 'd already done that at home with the doppler xxx

Dropping in to post and say hello!! :haha: Been away for so long its hard to catch up!!

Lovely to see everyone is doing well!!

Wheres the time going??? So so so exciting x x

Katia - I was always measuring 2 weeks or so ahead for my second pregnancy. At around 32weeks my midwife was ill and couldn't see me for my next 3 appointments and I was seen my 3 different midwives who all measured me 1-2 weeks behind. They all measured it differently so please don't worry about fundal height/bump size, its just a rough guideline. That baby was actually born at 39+2 and she was 7.5lbs, which is big for her gestation x

Also if you are feeling worried, get checked out by someone else and maybe ask to change midwives coz she sounds really insensitive! :hugs:

Hi everyone :) I've been away for ages...glad to see all the bumps are growing well :)
Thought you'd all enjoy this behavior from my mother in law: having not seen her for ages I see her yesterday and she proceeds to tell me all about how her sister gave birth at 6 months and the baby died. Thanks a f?!king bunch!!! Just as I am starting to feel a little bit better. I REALLY needed to know about that story! What an idiot!
Anyway little bean is kicking a bit (anterior placenta hides a lot and gives mummy lots of heart attacks when she has quiet days) so I hope she's ok in there :)

I've been away so long I had several pages to catch up on!

Congrats on team pink and congrats on reaching Vday for most of us. It's very very close for some. I'm so excited we've made it!!!

I'm sorry to hear about b!tchy midwives and doctors. They really should listen more to us, afterall we're the ones paying them!

As for me: I had a little scare a few days ago and went to L&D due to severe sharp pains and pressure that did not let up. They didn't find anything though once at the hospital. The pressure soon subsided, the pains went away, and everything turned out well. Cervix was closed (holy cow a cervical check hurts), urine was fine no infections, and there were no active contractions measured on the monitor. So in this case no news was wonderful news and little Hunter is still in there baking.

I had a follow up appointment yesterday with my doctor. Just the usual stuff like measuring my stomach, urine test, etc. Everything checked out fine there as well. My doctor is a minimalist. He does very very little and I'm one of those people where I don't want to just guess that everything is going well- I want to KNOW!I have another doctor's appointment in 2 weeks to do my glucose test.

Oh and we finally got the furniture ordered. It should be here right at the beginning of the 3rd trimester. (Wow I can't believe how close we are!!!!)

Has anyone been swelling at all? My feet swelled up like little blowfish the other night when I was cooking. It was quite a site. lol

I have only had minor swelling in my feet, but they didn't swell when I was pregnant with DS either. My hands are slightly swollen, and I think I have given up on wearing my wedding rings until after I deliver (I just don't want to get them stuck).

Yeah my rings had to go several weeks ago. As if my fingers aren't fat enough lets add fluid! :haha:

I'm probably lucky then. I haven't swollen up anywhere - yet lol. My rings still fall off.

Hey, what has your baby's HR been at your MW appointments? :)

144 seems to be his average, but it ranges from 132 to about 155. I have a doppler at home so I will listen occasionally.

Hi everyone! So glad to hear everyone's babies are doing great. Katia- Your midwife sounds awful! You should not have to deal with that! Can you switch?

Everything is going great. Gloriana is moving more now so I can finally feel her. Still have crazy low progesterone, but the supplement seems to be doing its job.

Hi everyone! So glad to hear everyone's babies are doing great. Katia- Your midwife sounds awful! You should not have to deal with that! Can you switch?

Everything is going great. Gloriana is moving more now so I can finally feel her. Still have crazy low progesterone, but the supplement seems to be doing its job.

I'm switching at 28 weeks! Can't wait :)

Awh, glad your little lady is well & active! x

I know :D so glad! 98 days to go hopefully!

Ooh only 2 days til V day for you :) how you feeling? x

Uncharacteristically fantastic. The magical 2nd tri energy has hit me just before 3rd tri starts lol! However that comes paired with renewed evening morning sickness and the inability to sleep due to dislocating hips.
My usual paranoia is at an all time low, I'm actually cleaning the house and looking forward to things. I dunno, something just clicked. I hope this lasts.
Wish I could celebrate V-day but we'll be on a plane to South Australia lol. Maybe tomorrow or the day after we'll make a big event of it - dinner etc.

How about you? Feeling well? Is she kicking much? Any updates on scans etc?

Uncharacteristically fantastic. The magical 2nd tri energy has hit me just before 3rd tri starts lol! However that comes paired with renewed evening morning sickness and the inability to sleep due to dislocating hips.
My usual paranoia is at an all time low, I'm actually cleaning the house and looking forward to things. I dunno, something just clicked. I hope this lasts.
Wish I could celebrate V-day but we'll be on a plane to South Australia lol. Maybe tomorrow or the day after we'll make a big event of it - dinner etc.

How about you? Feeling well? Is she kicking much? Any updates on scans etc?

Lol sods law isn't it, get one good thing for a bad.. Awh, that's nice :) my energy is rubbish! I seem to have evaded the energy burst..

I'm feeling horrible still, hate being with the in laws and I'm going to have to sell my car so we can be out faster so worth it but I'm still not happy. She's still a lazy bugger, kicks every now and again.. Strong when she does though! We don't have scans after 20 weeks here, so no updates on that front x

Wooohoooo down to double digits!!!! On a not so bright note- I had to go to my Pcp today. Apparently I have a lung infection, sinus infection and ear infections in both ears. Between coughing and puking from coughing I sure hope my cervical length holds up.

Hopefully since they gave me a z pack ill be well enough when baby furniture arrives on Thursday. Happy 4th of July to those in the States!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->