Odd bottle?

maybebaby3

Proud mum of 4!
Reaction score
I've always exclusively bf my children at birth but I'm wondering whether the odd bottle of formula will affect my milk supply. My kids are still quite little (7,5,3) and I don't know whether I will have the time to sit around bf all day especially for the first few weeks when bf is almost non stop.

I don't think an occasional bottle hurts.....but I certainly wouldn't consider it until your supply is well established. Those first few weeks of feeding are super important to getting it established.

Mickey has a bottle every day at about 4pm. It just means I know I can get tea ready for us all before DH gets home. I started giving him it from about 8/9 weeks once my supply was up. I know what you mean about not having the time to sit feeding all day with other children about. I have a few friends who have kept their children in nursery while they're on mat leave which has meant that they have had the time to sit and feee without worrying about their other children and it has worked well for them. Is that something you could do? I personally didn't want to do that as I wanted Frankie home with me and I didn't want him to feel pushed out as he is a sensitive little soul but, as I said, it has worked for my friends xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->