Off the pill .. but now stuck

Im having a baby!! :)
Reaction score
I got the all clear at the docs to come off pill and start trying for a baby. I came off on the 06 and have beel 7/8/9 and small amount 10.

Me and my partner are going to start trying for a baby now and i have bought Ovulation tests to indicate when im ovulating.

Can anyone tell me roughly (as iknow everyone is different) but will my ovulation come back after being on pill or will i need to wait months, even years?

thanks x

Some people have periods the next month, and others do have to wait quite a few months. Hope it comes soon for you XXX

I think it depends on what birth control you were on. I was on the mini pill and had af 3 weeks after coming off the pill. I've 28-30 cycles since then (about 4 months) with positive opks. Hope your cycles return as quickly as mine did. :flower:

I came off seasonique (1 period every 3 months) in May. Since then I have not ovulated (i am using opks) but I did have a light period on day 28. I am just as anxious as you are. I just want to be back to normal!

I stopped taking Yasmin a little over a month ago after my last period. I used ovulation tests and got a positive exactly two weeks after the start of my period. It was almost as if I were never on the pill.

However, my period is now not showing up.... so I am wondering if I have a little bun or if my cycles are now really off. Too nervous to test since we decided after one month of trying to delay TTC until we have our fat savings account back after these home renovations!

So it depends entirely from person to person... however I have been hearing quite a bit that you may be extra fertile after coming off the pill!

I was on the Yasmin pill and I didn't ovulate the first cycle after coming off the pill but I did the second, third and fourth. Then, I had about 6-7 months of really long cycles where I probably didn't ovulate but I might of then suddenly it went back to semi regular cycles about 8 months ago and has been the same since.

For me when i had my first baby, i came off the pill in december 2002 due to a stupid amount of weight increase :growlmad:, i fell pregnant in the May 2003 (but miscarried as i didn't know i was pregnant, and got horribly drunk :cry:)

I fell pregnant again in the August 2002. x

I've heard of getting right back into it to *gulp* taking a whole year to O again. that lady convieved within 1-2 ovulatory cycles though!

I'm still on the pill. I'm so scared I'm going to be one of the ones who take forever. No just because I'm impatient, but I also suffer from severe cramping. I'm terrified!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->