Off to the hospital - update page 10

so sorry your not getting your vbac but like you said its best for your little lady x

I am so sorry all of this is happening to you, but at least you are being monitored and in good hands. Sending lots of prayers/good vibes for you and LO!

So sorry the vbac is no longer possible, it's what's safest for both of you but of course it must be hard to come to terms with. Sounds like you're in very good hands.

Oh hun xxxxx I'm sorry this has heppened but your gonna be looked after and will be bringing your beautiful rainbow lady home so soon xxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww hun sorry the vbac has gone out of the window, but just think, come Wednesday you'll have your LO and it'll all be forgotten.

Hope the weekend goes ok - is your OH starting paternity leave now to look after you?

Really struggling to accept I'll never get the chance to deliver vaginally, or even experience labour, the waiting for it to happen etc. my oh has been given a weeks compassionate leave, then he has 12 days holiday. He doesn't get any paternity leave as he hasn't been there long enough. His work are being great though. He's the area manager though, so only one person above him anyway. Just feeling really down and upset about the c section, my last experience was awful with a horrendous recovery that took months. I'm obviously excited about meeting our little girl, but with that comes the worry that we'll find out if she has the same condition or not. Whilst she's inside, she's safe and alive :( also means another 4 day hospital stay which I'm absolutely dreading. This just isn't how it was meant to be :( xx

I can only imagine how you are feeling lexi, I actually have no clue. I hate the thought of having to have a c section it absolutely terrifys me, and I know you've done it before (not by choice) .. I also feel that id be really disappointed if I could never at least try to deliver naturally, as I think maternally we all have that instinct and im always being told that nobody can describe how it feels, so to have that opportunity taken away must be awful for you :(
just take comfort in knowing that this is what is best for your bundle of joy, and im sure when you see her you will forget all about the vbac you wanted..
you are in my thoughts and I hope that everything is perfect for you other than the glitch that cant be helped xxxx

Popping over to tell you I am thinking of you and am crossing all my fingers and toes and even my legs for you that all will be ok. My own csection recovery was not bad at all (except for an infection in the scar) and I was able to get up as normal at the latest by the end of the week, so I am hoping yours will be ok this time round too. :hugs:

Awww, sorry you are going through this. :hugs: Good luck to you and definitely keep us posted. You will be in our thoughts :)

It all sounds so difficult :( I'm so sad for you. I really hope you recover quickly and the joy of your rainbow takes the edge off how hard your situation is xx

Popping in from second trimester here to send u hugs xx although it isn't how you planned it, a csection is the least of your worries Hun. Once baby is here and is healthy it won't matter how she was born. My last was an emergency csection and my recovery was amazingly easy! So much so that I'm happy to be doing it again. Look at the positive, at least your foof will stay intact ;) trust me, it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things xx good luck!!

:hugs: I'm sorry you will not be able to get the VBAC that you were hoping for, it is especially hard to find out near the end when she is almost here I am sure (I was told straight away this pregnancy that VBAC was not going to be an option for me, so I had a lot of time to prepare/deal with my emotions). I will keep you and your baby girl in my thoughts and prayers and hope all goes well. I echo what a previous poster has said, once she is here, it will not matter how she got here, just that she is here safe and sound and in your arms. That is how I felt with DD1 and how I am sure to feel with DD2.

Take care of yourself and that blood pressure. :hugs:

A c section is a huge worry for me. I'm not bothered about my bits staying in tact to be honest. I know how rough recovery can be and it took 8 months of intense counselling to even somewhat accept that I had to have one last time. For me, it is a huge deal. Obviously I'll do whatever's best for her, not me, hence why I've consented, but I'm really not happy about going under the knife again. I know some people will happily choose c section every time, but I've spent the past 37 weeks doing everything I can to be the best candidate for a vbac, and I've had that ripped away from me. Some people might not see it as a huge thing, but for me, it truly is devastating. x

I can understand why you are so upset :hugs: I will be keeping you in my thoughts x

sorry you cant get your vbac, glad they are looking after you. I understand, i had a c section for my son to save him, and hoped for a vbac with my daughter as there was no 'issue' about labour as id never had one i was a good candidate but at 37 weeks i got told she needed out and had to ahve another c section, she was bigger than they thought so they got it wrong. I understnad what you feel, i cant believe i will never feel a contraction or experience labour, i feel like i have missed a huge thing. however the feelings fade and i look at my beautiful daughter and realise it doesnt matter. My c section went really well and recovery was smooth, planned sections are so much better. I hope it all goes well and a smooth recovery.

A c section is a huge worry for me. I'm not bothered about my bits staying in tact to be honest. I know how rough recovery can be and it took 8 months of intense counselling to even somewhat accept that I had to have one last time. For me, it is a huge deal. Obviously I'll do whatever's best for her, not me, hence why I've consented, but I'm really not happy about going under the knife again. I know some people will happily choose c section every time, but I've spent the past 37 weeks doing everything I can to be the best candidate for a vbac, and I've had that ripped away from me. Some people might not see it as a huge thing, but for me, it truly is devastating. x

I completely understand were you are coming from, my healing from my emergency section came through my VBAC :hugs: :hugs: I am so sad for you, that you wont get that chance! if it something you really want though and your baby is doing well, why not have them let you try! or may be I am dreaming :hugs:

I am hoping and praying it all goes smooth and your pain eases with the arrival of your healthy little baby:hugs: keep us posted and take care Lexi

Is there no way lexi you can have vaginal birth by induction? I would be very upset to, but this time the circumstances will be different this time and each surgical procedure is different this one may well be very different in a better way. xx

I can't possible understand how you feel, I've never been through the same situation or your previous situation. But I can kind of understand your general feelings about a C-section. It's always been my worst fear when it comes to labour/birth, especially as it involves my 2nd worst fear... an epidural! Hugs to you hun, I'm sorry this has been forced on you like this. But it just shows how much of a super mummy you're going to be, as you're willing to make a sacrifice for your bubs. It will be so worth it when you have you have your rainbow baby in your arms. But that doesn't mean you aren't allowed to feel scared or upset about it! Is there anybody you could ask to speak to before they go ahead with the C-section? A counsellor or somebody? Maybe it would give you a chance to come to better terms with it before it actually happens.

Hope you're doing ok hun :hugs: stay strong! xx

I completely understand Lexi. Of course you want her and you to be safe, that's all that matters ultimately. But it doesn't mean that we don't want things to be a certain way and when that choice is take away its bound to hurt :hugs: You only have to read threads in baby club to see how much a less than ideal birth experience (which is individual to each woman) can hurt. Don't feel you have to just 'get over it', you'll come to terms with it in your own time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->