Off To The Hospital *UPDATED*

littlemansmum

Mum Of 2 Beautiful Boys x
Reaction score
I went into mat unit unit yesterday at 8.45 for GTT and weekly blood check, had my first bloods done and was left in peace for a bit, was then asked for urine sample and told once i had been the mw would put me on monitor for half hour then do repeat bloods, breakfast and home, Yay!
Didn't work out that way, when she tried to put me on monitor she couldn't find hb, and then just found a crazy noise, called in doc who said the mw was just hearing the hb double which he said was fine, i have no idea.
Mw was not happy and said should check with scan, so was taken to the mat unit scan room immediately, was horrible they cannot turn it so you can see and still see themselves so everyone is talking about my baby and i can't bloody see.
Anyway, scan showed my littlest man is severly (sp?) tachychardic (sp?) and his heart jumps from 142 bpm to 256 which is highly abnormal, was told consultant would be round asap, they kept checking on me as consultant stuck in theatre and he was consistently up around 200 bpm, couldn't do ctg as machine wouldn't even register it.
The shitter of it is, i have heard this noise on my last 2 ctg's and so have the mw's but they didn't seem concerned and explained the gaps in ctg picking up hb as him moving away, obviously not, he has been ill for at least a fortnight and i feel like i should have known.
At 2.40 pm the matron who by this point was hopping mad i had been left came to say she had got me squeezed in for a scan at 3.15 in sonographer's tea break as they had spoken to fetal cardiologist at the ''Big'' hospital and he said if my son had hydrops i had to go there immediately and be delivered, ok then.
Went in for scan and she did growth for me too bless her, my littlest man is not so little lol, measures nealry 2 weeks ahead and is estimated at 3lbs 4oz, practising breathing which she said is excellent and is free from hydrops as far as she can see, she was so lovely to me, but was SO bloody scary seeing his heart as the rate nearly double, me and hubby were in floods.
Went back to ward and the doc comes and says has spoken again to cardiologist and i am to be seen today at 2pm, he feels scan was good enough news to leave me overnight which is something.
The doc feels they will probably give me meds to lower the baby's heartrate and then i will need loads of monitoring and a c-section as they are worried about the strain labour would place on baby's heart, the meds will also lower my heart rate too which is a bummer, but hey if it helps my baby then i don't care.
He did however tell me to take a bag and be prepared to be delivered today, as if the cardiologist isn't happy i am meeting my lilest man today, scary.
I have harldy slept at all in the last 2 days, was awake most of the night tuesday for some reason and have been up since about 5 today, went back to bed or an hour but was fitfull got back up.
I keep thinking why me? I know thats so selfish, why anyone? But seriously why me? I guess i am not meant to experience a normal pregnancy lol.
When they went through my notes yesterday they went nuts, my community mw had some notes typed, general info, she has my consultant name, then her name and then below that in miniscule print, hospital - high risk, she had not made anyone aware i was high risk and had she done so i would have been watched more closely.
Only eneded up getting this picked up on as i have been so itchy hubby took me in cos i was ripping my skin off which led to me needing weekly bloods and if my mum had not had her accident last week then i would have had my gtt done at the docs, and may not have been put on the monitor yesterday.
Have been given my own ctg straps as i they are anticipating me being back so often, and the sister said i am now family lol, just hope i do get to go back for monitoring and not delivered this early.

So we are off at 12 to be there for 2, and i will either be back later with meds or will be kept in and c sectioned today, just hoping they say can be done with meds and that will not affect him his whole life.

Sorry for rambling on, and thanks for reading if you got this far xxx

wishing you and LO all the best hun! Stay strong! xxx

Oh hun how awful ...all i can say is at least now u will get the treatment u deserve ...I would hope they will give u steroids for babys lungs and let u go another 48 hrs .....Good luck do u have a txt buddy u can update ? Your welcome to pm me your number takecare
hugs serina xxx

Aw hun, i'm praying for you that Bubs doesnt need to be delivered today and it all turns out ok. xxx

oh sweetie... I am so sorry to hear that.
I'm thinking of you and the family... sending my bestest best wishes to you...
:hugs:
LP
xox

Oh sweetie. Fingers and toes crossed that all goes well and LO can stay in a few weeks yet. Will be thinking of you all.

:hug:

xxx

Fingers crossed for you hun xox
Hope LO can stay put for a few more weeks yet x

Thinking of you :hugs:

hope little one can stay put for a bit longer hun :hugs: hope you're ok

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

Oh honey, I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts! That's so much to go through, I couldn't imagine it. Good luck today, I hope everythng works out!! I'm sure it will :)

Thinking of you hun, hope little one can stay for a bit longer and that all is well xx

Sorry you have been through all this... thinking of you!!!

xx

All the best today, hope it turns out just fine....x.

Sending you thoughts and prayers hun. I hope all will be ok. Hugs

Wishing you lots of luck. Hope it goes well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->