Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

Well done tanya, you make me proud

Not another ruffly pink dress. I bought Maria jeggings - I feel so common

Jeggings are cool. That's the kind of clothes Avery wears in the house. The frilly dresses are worn to church only and immediately taken off as soon as we get home. So you don't think too badly about me, the dress is blue and pink. :winkwink:

Sadly I realized yesterday I am old and boring. I was invited to two events this month, home selling crap parties. *sigh* Nothing says old and boring housewife like a Pampered Chef party.

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t454/jaclyn842/def1254b.jpg

Just in case you were wondering what you're missing Nat

Hi!

I need some advice/support from you guys, if I post this in Baby Club I will either be killed or get 859028590235 links to research of the dangers of crying babies slapped in my face.

Sophie is going through a really funny phase. She's never slept well, as in, she's always woken up often. But it would never take me super long to get her back to sleep. Now there's nights that she's up for hours. 1, 2 or 3 hours of crying and screaming and I don't know what's wrong!

Whatever I do, nothing helps, it only makes things worse. I pick her up, sing to her, rock her, hug her, walk around with her, put her down, pat her back, rub her neck, sing and talk quietly all the time. But it's just never getting any better. Twice I've been at my wits end and had to walk away (after 2 hours of crying I get pretty desperate, I'm not a night person!). First time she stopped crying after 10 minutes, then whinged for 10, then off and on for anohter 5 and settled herself and slept for 5 hours after. The second time she cried for 5 minutes, whinged off and on for 10 and was asleep for 5 hours again.

I feel horrible having to walk away, but it seems that when I try to help her, it only agitates her more and more.

If she falls asleep in my arms, I can't put her down, not even after 15 minutes, she'll instantly wake and start screaming again. If I manage to settle her when she's in her cot and I try to walk away after 15/20 minutes she instantly wakes screaming!

Am I aweful for letting her cry and settle herself? It just involves so much less crying. I go in first and check she's okay, try to settle her and if it doesn't work after 30 minutes I leave her for a bit to see if she calms down.

Please don't shoot me :(.

How odd Lauki, I hadn't read this before I saw you at swimming and yet I basically told you what I was doing and what I thought on this topic! You know I have started doing cio with Erin and found it to be really working. Like you say, it involves far less crying. I've found that I am disturbing her more by going to her and it sounds like Sophie is the same. To be honest I wouldn't be attempting to settle her for that first 30 mins, leave her for 10-15 and see if she starts to settle. Erin did 15mins hard crying at 5am but if I'd have gone in it would have been 30-45. Don't feel bad, I know what it is like to have a poor sleeper and I never thought I would advocate cio but it is helping Erin so... xx

Hi everybody else, I have been lurking :wave:

:hugs: sounds like she wants her own space, Maria is the same. If she's crying less that way then I'd do it.

Lauki, I had the same thing happen a month ago. It lasted for a week, even if I rocked her to sleep she would wake up the second I put her down. I let her scream. She went to sleep in 10-15 minutes each time. She's been going to bed nicely again the past couple of weeks.

Don't ask me about sticking her in the Bumbo when I had to clean the kitchen floor after she puked on it. :blush:

Urgh, I live with a childrens social worker, I'm too scared to try CIO in case she takes him away lol

Thing is, she'd scream about 3 hours if I would be with her. Now she cries 5-10 minutes and whinges another 5-10.. Surely that's better for her?

Sophie always like to play with her puke after she's done it. I never really notice as it's normally just a tiny bit of milk. Until she's made a massive painting with it on the floor! NICE!

Yea I know! It's just for some reason these women I don't know over the internet make me feel guilty for doing it (some in Baby Club!). They don't know my Baby but will happily say that I'm harming her in some way!

Ugh.

Ignore the baby club police, I do. Sounds like leaving her is much better for her, crying for 3 hours is more likely to harm than crying for 10 mins!

Still breaks my heart!

We'll get there. Tonight I put her in her cot wide awake and held her hand for a couple of minutes before being able to walk away, so she's getting much more confident in her cot!

This sleep lark is so stressful isn't it!

It will get better, and hopefully quickly. :hugs:

Maria is sleeping so much better now :)

Is she completely weaned of the breast now? And how long does she sleep at night now?

She's so good for having figured out how to sleep!

How long are you in the UK for still?

No not completely weaned off. I fed her tonight, we both have colds so I wanted to give her my antibodies.

She's slept through the other night but last night she woke twice. Tonight she has woken a couple times but settled herself immediately.

Here til wednesday, wish I was staying longer though.

Time flies doesn't it :). I really wanted to stay with my family when I was over there, but I missed hubby lots too. It sucks being so far away from family (eventough it's only about an hour with the plane). Sometimes I wish I could just go over and have a cuppa or dinner with them and go back home, or go out with Sophie and my sisters.

Yay for her sleeping so well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->