Official Depo Thread

I hope it is in my mind I'm like yes this is the final thing I need to be completely back to "normal"

I had an extremely light AF when I finally got it (last shot in June, first blood on March 30). Then 14 days later, a more regular-ISH AF- but still fairly light. After that I seem to be back to my regular cycle (am on my 2nd 28 day now with a normal for me cycle for April/May). Soo... I'm not sure that answers anything, but yes, my cycle was goofy for a bit when it did start to finally come back. Now just have to get through the rest of this cycle and the next and finally we can goooo! Lol. (Waiting to avoid having a due date near the stepkids' birthdays. It would entail much drama on their mother's part.)

Ah, my aunt and uncle were the same way. He had 2 kids from a previous marriage. My aunt ended up having her baby at 34 weeks on his youngest's birthday. Should make for some interesting parties b/c the girls' mom is a B and was telling them from the moment she found out my aunt was pregnant that they were going to love the new baby more.

That's exactly what we're worried about. And since we live far away, being too close to their birthdays would mean we'd miss that year of their birthdays. And then we'd have to coordinate parties for the rest of our lives and she's very far from cooperative. I have nightmarish visions of the things she'd tell them... (How do you do that kind of thing to your children, anyway????)

I don't know but it's horrible horrible horrible to hear about. The girls' step mom doesn't work, lives in a house with a bunch of random people from what I understand.

It's been almost 4 months since depo was due and still no periods :(

I know that's not long but I'm impatient

It's not long... But I was very impatient, too. I don't really know that they did anything, but I did take Vitex for a while and did some detox baths, too. I think it just helped me feel like I was actually doing something other than waiting. Lol.
It took me 3 months to start getting the withdrawal symptoms and then another 3 1/2 before I had some spotting. It sucks. :( But it'll get there.

It's not long... But I was very impatient, too. I don't really know that they did anything, but I did take Vitex for a while and did some detox baths, too. I think it just helped me feel like I was actually doing something other than waiting. Lol.
It took me 3 months to start getting the withdrawal symptoms and then another 3 1/2 before I had some spotting. It sucks. :( But it'll get there.

How longs it been since your shot was due?

I've been feeling constantly sick and nauseous at times, I've taken a test just to check but negative and I've read that it's normal when depo is tryna leave your body.

I wish it would just hurry up and go!!

My last shot was due in September. So it took a while. But from my own experience, I'd say having pregnancy symptoms is a sign that it's beginning to get out of your system. :) Don't waste tests. I did the same thing. Lol. My breasts HURT, I was nauseous, tired, I had all the aches & pains of early pregnancy. Lots of mood swings & acne. I even got positive OPKs. It was the worse three & a half months ever.

If you are going to waste tests get the cheap strips from Ebay. Then you can test all you want without going bankrupt. Been there done that.

Lol I think I took about 5 tests. Then I got sick of seeing the negatives, did some research on withdrawal side effects, and moved on. (We did have a LOT going on, though, and that helped distract me.)

hey ladies
i see no one has posted in awhile but hopefully i will get a response
so been off depo for almost a year it will be a year in june cycle is 26 days like clockwork with ovulation on day 14 but for the first three cycles of being regular my periods were ultra light (this is the fourth reg cycle) like i barely needed to use anything three out of the five days i was on af this cycle i have went back to my normal heaviness of af like before depo was wondering if you guys had any similar experiences or if it means anything good or bad
-genesis marie

I never had a regular flow after depo...nothing even close to my days before depo. 2-3 days max and super light...like i could have used a thin liner all day long....and mostly just brown spotting. I thought for sure I wouldn't get pregnant because of this but here I am...5 months prego as of next wed!

hey ladies
so been off depo for almost a year it will be a year in june cycle is 26 days like clockwork with ovulation on day 14 but for the first three cycles of being regular my periods were ultra light (this is the fourth reg cycle) like i barely needed to use anything three out of the five days i was on af this cycle i have went back to my normal heaviness of af like before depo was wondering if you guys had any similar experiences or if it means anything good or bad
-genesis marie

I never had a regular flow after depo...nothing even close to my days before depo. 2-3 days max and super light...like i could have used a thin liner all day long....and mostly just brown spotting. I thought for sure I wouldn't get pregnant because of this but here I am...5 months prego as of next wed!

How long where you trying hun? Congrats on the little one. I got the shot in march last year it "ran out" in June I got my bleed on June 16th I just stop having withdrawal symptoms this cycle & this is my first cycle with my normal amount of blood. I think its been too long I mean a year since the ran out date still no bfp & just now getting over withdrawal symptoms? I have been ovulating for awhile doc gave me an ultrasound to confirm so I don't know what I'm doing wrong :,(

hey ladies
-genesis marie

How long where you trying hun? Congrats on the little one. I got the shot in march last year it "ran out" in June I got my bleed on June 16th I just stop having withdrawal symptoms this cycle & this is my first cycle with my normal amount of blood. I think its been too long I mean a year since the ran out date still no bfp & just now getting over withdrawal symptoms? I have been ovulating for awhile doc gave me an ultrasound to confirm so I don't know what I'm doing wrong :,(

On depo for 10-11 years....shot ran out end of March last year and I got my first bleed in the middle of May. We tried for a couple months but to be honest...we weren't hitting the right days for ovulation. Really tried in January and February....February we hit the 4 important days and the day before and after just to make sure and it worked! Has your hubby had a SA done?

Also, has your doctor checked your progesterone levels? With ovulation you also need good progesterone levels to maintain a pregnancy.

She did do blood work for almost everything she didn't mention if anything was off. She kept saying they were going to be off anyway. She seems to think I'm perfectly fine & don't need further testing.
Hubby hasn't had a SA done yet we want to see if its really needed

They had my hubby tested two months into us trying. They also gave me my progesterone numbers at each blood test after ovulation....mine were 30 and 34. Anything higher then 30 was good and could support a fertilized egg.

They had my hubby tested two months into us trying. They also gave me my progesterone numbers at each blood test after ovulation....mine were 30 and 34. Anything higher then 30 was good and could support a fertilized egg.

It seems like they won't do anything for me she only gave me that one blood test this whole time I been off depo. I have no idea what's going on & neither does she I'm guessing since all she is doing is assuming I'm fine :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->