Official Depo Thread

I got my BFP today!!!!! It has literally been exactly one year to the day since my last shot!! Still in shock since I still did not have 100% consistent AF, but completely over the moon.

OMG!!!!!! So excited for you right now!!!! And you didnt even get your AF until 6 months post shot right? So only 3 months after it expired right? I was just about to come on here and post how down I am that there are no signs of AF but I am only about 50 days since the shot expired. But then I saw your BFP and I am so happy for you!

I got my BFP today!!!!! It has literally been exactly one year to the day since my last shot!! Still in shock since I still did not have 100% consistent AF, but completely over the moon.

OMG!!!!!! So excited for you right now!!!! And you didnt even get your AF until 6 months post shot right? So only 3 months after it expired right? I was just about to come on here and post how down I am that there are no signs of AF but I am only about 50 days since the shot expired. But then I saw your BFP and I am so happy for you!

I'm still in disbelief, but yes nine months after the shot expired I have my BFP!! DH about cried this morning when he woke up and I had the three dollar store tests lined up on the dresser.Do not get discouraged!!! This was our first cycle trying, and I know you will have your BFP soon!! Hopefully you're halfway to getting your AF back. I'm actually thinking about doing a statistical analysis on all of the numbers gathered so far from the depo ladies and put it in a nice chart, since everyone here loves charts so much, to give future depo TTCers an easier way to see everyone else's experiences and to know not to unnecessarily worry/give up. So much luck and good thoughts to you!!!

Omg!!!!! I am having some brown spotting! I know it's stupid to be excited but I am!

Omg!!!!! I am having some brown spotting! I know it's stupid to be excited but I am!

It's not stupid at all!! It's exciting. I'm excited for you! You're one step closer to your BFP!!

The list on the front hasn't been updated in a long time. If you want you can take over the thread. I think we just have to tell the Admins of BnB.

Update: so the spotting yesterday turned into enough to need a pad overnight. Still there was not true red flow, pretty brown for the most part. I marked it as light on FF so it counts that as CD 1. But then middle of the day today it stopped. But I still have what I would consider to be noticeable cramping. What gives? Is my uterus trying to have a period but there is just nothing in there to come out? Anyone else go through this their first period after depo?

scootie- i went through that for 6 weeks straight! (back in april/may) i'd had a period before that. then this cycle (and the one before) i had a day or two of that around 18 days in (no clue why)- i've got another appt with the gyn on the 27th- he's talking about trying clomid and progesterone since i had a chemical last cycle.... i've had all kinds of crazy cycles for the last 14 months- even while on the shot!! i'm getting so impatient!

scootie- i went through that for 6 weeks straight! (back in april/may) i'd had a period before that. then this cycle (and the one before) i had a day or two of that around 18 days in (no clue why)- i've got another appt with the gyn on the 27th- he's talking about trying clomid and progesterone since i had a chemical last cycle.... i've had all kinds of crazy cycles for the last 14 months- even while on the shot!! i'm getting so impatient!

Yup, impatient describes me too! I'm still spotting, so hopefully this will stop soon and I'll have a normal period next month. I see the doc in the beginning of January. I'm happy and optimistic that I had somewhat of a period this early on. I really hope I'm not getting my hopes up for nothing. I'm on vacation this week but soon as I'm back next week I'm going to start using opks again.

Got a faint bfp today on frer (10 dpo), but trying not to get too excited after what happened last month...

Hi everyone, I have been watching this thread for almost two years now, and it
Has helped me get through the tough times so much!
I am pleased to tell everyone that my last depo read nov 11,
And finically 23 months later I got my bfp :)
Genuinely never thought it was going to happen, felt so low thinking I was unable to conceive, so for anyone reading this after being on depo, don't give up, stay positive because it will happen, good luck 💗
I was in the depo for six years! Anything I can do to ask please just ask xx

Hi everyone, I have been watching this thread for almost two years now, and it
Has helped me get through the tough times so much!
I am pleased to tell everyone that my last depo read nov 11,
And finically 23 months later I got my bfp :)
Genuinely never thought it was going to happen, felt so low thinking I was unable to conceive, so for anyone reading this after being on depo, don't give up, stay positive because it will happen, good luck 💗
I was in the depo for six years! Anything I can do to ask please just ask xx

Wow Congrats! Did you end up seeking any medical assistance conceiving since it took over a year? I just have some general curiosities if you don't mind, sorry if you already posted it somewhere! How long did it take you to get a period after depo? Were you don't anything like charting or opks? Or were you just taking the approach of it will happen when it should? Thanks!

Hi Scootie,
My periods returned around one year after stopping the depo. Before they returned I went to see my gyn, who basically said that everything was fine and it can take up to two years to fall pregnant. I was so upset at hearing this as I was always advised that it would take 12 months to fall pregnant at the most. In the year after my period started, I used clearblue opk, and appeared to be ovulating each month. I also had my day 21 bloods done at my GP surgery each month which indicates if you have infact ovulated and if it was a healthy ovulation. Each month my progesterone was around 70 (anything 30 or above indicates ovulation) however was still not falling pregnant.
Went back to my gyn who referred me for HSG which looks at the fallopian tubes, mine were both clear. I couldn't understand why if I was ovulating was I not falling pregnant, and was feeling so low at times. My husband had a semen analysis carried out also, again no problems identified.
I have a 8 year old daughter who I fell pregnant with no issues at all so was beginning to get very concerned.
I attended a private reproductive health clinic in Glasgow for advice, and was basically told that I just had to wait it out, they also done an ultrasound of my ovaries, which showed follicles and a dominating follicle which was about to be released at ovulation. The advice I got was keep using OPK and keep trying.
I didn't do temps or anything like that as per advice from the consultant.
I looked for EWCM along with my OPK, and knew exactly when I was fertile.
I was so surprise when I got a positive pregnancy test, I am now five weeks so still early I know so trying not to get too excited.
How long were u on depo? How long have you been off?
Don't let my story worry you tho, the docs did say that I was highly sensitive to the effects of depo. My best friend stopped her depo at the same time as me and was pregnant six months later, and now has a gorgeous little boy!
I hope you don't have too long to wait, but keep trying and stay positive because it WILL HAPPEN FOR YOU :)
I am a practice nurse, and I make sure I fully inform all my patients of the serious effects of depo, so that nobody else gets the shock I did when I came off to TTC.
Good luck, anything else just ask xx

Hi Scootie,
My periods returned around one year after stopping the depo. Before they returned I went to see my gyn, who basically said that everything was fine and it can take up to two years to fall pregnant. I was so upset at hearing this as I was always advised that it would take 12 months to fall pregnant at the most. In the year after my period started, I used clearblue opk, and appeared to be ovulating each month. I also had my day 21 bloods done at my GP surgery each month which indicates if you have infact ovulated and if it was a healthy ovulation. Each month my progesterone was around 70 (anything 30 or above indicates ovulation) however was still not falling pregnant.
Went back to my gyn who referred me for HSG which looks at the fallopian tubes, mine were both clear. I couldn't understand why if I was ovulating was I not falling pregnant, and was feeling so low at times. My husband had a semen analysis carried out also, again no problems identified.
I have a 8 year old daughter who I fell pregnant with no issues at all so was beginning to get very concerned.
I attended a private reproductive health clinic in Glasgow for advice, and was basically told that I just had to wait it out, they also done an ultrasound of my ovaries, which showed follicles and a dominating follicle which was about to be released at ovulation. The advice I got was keep using OPK and keep trying.
I didn't do temps or anything like that as per advice from the consultant.
I looked for EWCM along with my OPK, and knew exactly when I was fertile.
I was so surprise when I got a positive pregnancy test, I am now five weeks so still early I know so trying not to get too excited.
How long were u on depo? How long have you been off?
Don't let my story worry you tho, the docs did say that I was highly sensitive to the effects of depo. My best friend stopped her depo at the same time as me and was pregnant six months later, and now has a gorgeous little boy!
I hope you don't have too long to wait, but keep trying and stay positive because it WILL HAPPEN FOR YOU :)
I am a practice nurse, and I make sure I fully inform all my patients of the serious effects of depo, so that nobody else gets the shock I did when I came off to TTC.
Good luck, anything else just ask xx

Wow, what a journey! So glad you finally got pregnant. I've only been off the depo since the end of October, last shot was in July. I had a light period 52 days after my shot expired. Then on cd 9 i ovulated. I started my period yesterday at what would have been cd 20. Im glad I got it back so soon, but omg the cramps are awful.

Well, I'm back to ttc. At least I know I can get pregnant after depo?

The doc seemed to think that depo had nothing to do with the two early m/c's we've had the last two cycles... still heartbreaking.

Arghh I don't even think I ovulate at all! I got first period 9 months after depo shot in August then a light bleed 2 weeks later in September then nothing till October where I had a period on the 13th and 26th that month then next cycle began November 22nd and than again last month on 23rd so I'm now on cd14 I think. Does that look like I'm starting to regulate a bit?

It's been almost 14 months since my shot now :(

I'm gonna order some opks and start testing from next cycle onwards.

Sc girl congrats on receiving ur bfp. Im not for sure if im doinf this right as im new to this forum but how long were u on depo. I had ony one shot n july of 13 die to go back n oct but didny. Im still waiting for cycle to come. Itl b 3months off jan 14. Im having cramps but no sign of bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->