Official Depo Thread

reese89- my one and only depo shot was 10/11/12. my period never went away- i spotted the entire time i was on the shot. it stopped when the shot was supposed to run out 1/13. we immediately started ttc. i got a period in jan that seemed normal. after that, i went ~6 weeks without af, and was sure i was pregnant (nausea, couldn't stand smells, headaches, emotional, anxiety, etc- all of the depo side effects)- but blood tests showed i wasn't. i had another period late march, and basically bled through may. then i had af every 2 weeks or so until september. my cycles started getting longer and longer.

in november, we got our first bfp (don't think i ovulated until 30-something days into the cycle), but it was a chemical. the next cycle (ovulated ~cd 28) we got another bfp, and but the pregnancy ended around 5.5 weeks.

my doc seems to think that depo has nothing to do with the miscarriages. my husband disagrees. i don't know what to think.

we were encouraged to wait a few cycles before trying again, but i'm not sure i'm patient enough for that... i may risk it again, and if we have a 3rd miscarriage, actually give it a break...

Thx for getting back to me. At least your getting a period i havent had anything yet.! It will b 3 months tmrw. Im having cramping like it is coming but nothing. Stories i have read from others within 2 months of stopping they were preg. Once again.thanks for replying. I hope you fall preg real soon. Keep is updated. Gl:)

Hi sheryl! :)
Time on depo: 3 months (1 shot)
End date: July 2013 (last shot)
Time it took AF to come back: still isnt here. :(
Time it took to regulate: N/A
bfp: None.
I thought id give this a try since honestly i am.impatient and this may take my mind off things. If nothing happens by April cycle wise i may get on pills to help regulate my cycle as im tired of feeling miserable and having sharp shooting pains down my right side. Idk what this could be. Good luck to.u all ladies! :)

Reese - I am sure there are a lot more :bfp:s than I have listed on the front page by now. I have a 2 year old so I haven't checked it since she was a newborn. If you are bored you can update it for me. :)

Hello!
Time on depo: 3months/ 1shot
Depo ran out: November 12 2013
Time for af: still waiting :(
Time to regulate: still waiting

I'm getting really down about this depo stuff, it's nearly 12 weeks since it ran out! I had non stop spotting for weeks, it's stopped (for now) I'm hoping I get my period soon.
I was on the shot before for 9months and my period came back after 2 months, and was regular straight away. Apparently it won't be so easy this time. *sigh* :coffee:

Guess i should update my info here!

Time on depo: 7 years
Last shot expired: October 26, 2013
First period: December 16, 2013
First BFP: January 31, 2014

Scootie you got your BFP?!!! Congratulations!! :happydance:

I started using opks this cycle and got my positives this week! Here's hoping I get my BFP this month!

Scootie you got your BFP?!!! Congratulations!! :happydance:

I started using opks this cycle and got my positives this week! Here's hoping I get my BFP this month!

Thanks! I'm having a bit of brown spotting last night and today. Hopefully it's nothing. Im so hesitant that this pregnancy won't work out but my husband wants me to stop worrying and enjoy it. Good luck this month!

Spotting is pretty normal in pregnancy, I had light spotting around 10 weeks, it might just be old blood. Try to relax :)

It all happened quickly for you which is nice, I'm just relaxed about it at the moment as its nice to know I'm actually ovulating x

God I'm reading this thread and kicking myself for making such a stupid choice of contraception.

After Emmys first birthday I was almost certain I didn't want to TTC a second so in December I had a shot of depo. Now me and my hubby want desperately to try for number two ASAP to keep the age gap closer.

I could kick myself... I know it's only one shot but now I'm reading that even one can make you lose fertility for up to a year :(

I'm feeling so disheartened now. Anyone have any positive tales?

God I'm reading this thread and kicking myself for making such a stupid choice of contraception.

After Emmys first birthday I was almost certain I didn't want to TTC a second so in December I had a shot of depo. Now me and my hubby want desperately to try for number two ASAP to keep the age gap closer.

I could kick myself... I know it's only one shot but now I'm reading that even one can make you lose fertility for up to a year :(

My last shot expired in October and I just got my BFP! I was just like you worrying that because others didn't get their period or a bfp forever that I wouldn't either. But everyone is different so dont give up hope.

This was exactly me November 2012 when I got my first and LAST shot! I was certain I didn't want another and kinda knew it could take a year, after I got the shot and read all the horror stories I was so mad at myself and OH thought I was getting bcp so he was even madder as he wants another baby straight away!

My periods returned 9 months after the shot and only became regular without no weird mid cycle bleed from last month, I got a positve OPK this week and hoping something happens soon as its been almost 15 months post depo!

Sorry no positive story here yet but everyone is different, don't lose hope! x

I'll update on my story for those who are new.

I started on depo in February of 2008. Was on it until May of 2011 (last shot being Feb 2011). Didnt get my period back until November, but then was without one again until February '12 and finally regulated in May of '12 just for me to go back on it in July. Stayed on it until January of '13 then started a pill. Came off bc in May of 13 and got my first BFP in July. Sadly miscarried in Sept but got another BFP in October. I am happily 18 weeks pregnant with my first little girl. :)

I would go back on depo in a heartbeat. But I recommend taking the pill for a month or so to anyone coming off the shot and wanting to get pregnant.

hey ladies I have been in and out of this thread but hopefully its still alive because I really need some advice. my depo ran out in june 2012 it will be two years this coming june and still no bfp and my cycles are ranging from 26 days to 30. they are all irregular within that range never really know when af will come or what my cycle length will be. I have not seen my gyno since march of last year. should I go back? will she finally be concerned now that it has been so long or will she want me to want another year to see if I get a bfp? im starting to really freak out and I would love some advice from other ladies who have been through this hell with depo

genesis

I really think they should look into it if it's been 2 years! So sorry hun :hugs:

Have you tried using OPKs?

As for me it will be 16 months since my shot and I'm still in the waiting game...

Yes I've tried opks still no bfp. I've had tons of cycle dtd on pos opk days and nothing

Yeah, I would see your doctor about it. When i was trying to get pregnant my doctor wasn't going to make my wait near that long for help after Depo.

Hey ladies I got a call back from gyno. She's going to help. She said two years is two long and also I have slightly elevated testosterone levels which may mean I have pcos I am overweight and have hair growing in really back on my face Boobs and belly. So we are think I may have it even though I do get a cycle every month she wants me to come in for fertility testing on the 18th and discuss getting me on meds to get pregnant. I still can't see home I got my son and never noticed these signs of pcos but I've always been a little extra hairy and I seem to blow up in weight overnight after turning 14 I was 120 and 5 6 at 14 I'm not 21 5 7 and 230+ pounds. I'm just so glad that she is now on board with me she a awesome doctor already but now that we are on the same page about my concerns I'm excited.

That's good news! Must be relief to know that a dr is finally looking into it x

yes it is really such a relief to have her on board with getting a bfp. shes really awesome and super sweet but of course in the begging she was going based of me being 21 and having to pregnancies and one birth previously. she wasn't really concerned in the beginning but now after almost two years after depo and four years after having my son we are finally getting somewhere. im excited yet nervous

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->