Official TTC after Implanon removal thread!

Nickij

Mum of 2
Reaction score
OK seems like there are a few of us TTC that have had the Implant removed, so thought it would be nice to have an official thread so we can all track how we are doing, and share experiences, and hopefully get questions answers.

Well I only had my implant removed on the 11th of Nov this years, after having it in since March. At the time I had it in I was no sure when we were going to TTC a second, and as life was so hectic with a baby I felt sure I would forget to take the pill if I went back to that. So Implanon seemed like the ideal solution at the time, and the doctor assured me that my fertility would return almost immediately after having it removed. The whole time I had the implant in I have not had a period.

However since then, and planning on a second child I have done a bit more research on the internet and found it can sometimes take months for AF to even return, so this has cause me some concern.....

So far I have not had a withdrawal or AF, but it has only been two weeks odd. But I have been doing OPK's and this week got positive on them so am hoping that this is a sign that things will return to normal fairly quick.

Hope this thread will become useful to all of us:)

Thread Stats

BeesBella Implant removed June 10 (had possible chemical pregnancy Dec 2010)

blaze777 Implant removed 17/1 period 23/2 :bfp: on 24/3/11

bw9522 Implant removed Apr 09, now having regular AF's

Cashewnut :bfp: 21/3/11

Gem87Implant removed: 19/11/10 Still awaiting AF

Heather_P Date removed : December 2nd First AF: January 4th

Jin Implant removed 26/11/10 1st AF started 01/01/2011.

Katwa8. Implant removed: 09/02/11

karentia Implant Removed 10/2/11

Littlelday23 Implant Removed: 10/11/2010 First 13/12/2010

loveylovw Implant removed: 06/12/2010 1st AF on 27/12/2010

MrsDavo Implant removed: 23/01/2011

Ms Tudor Rose Implant out 3/2/11 first AF 20/2/11

Nickij: Implant removed: 11/11/10; First true AF: 9/12/10 :bfp: 14/03/2011

proudmummsey Implant removed Dec 2010 :bpf: 21/3/11

Punk_Chick: Implant Removed: 25/11/10 First AF: 25/12/10

Rose1990 Implant Removed: 17/01/11

Somersetlass Implant Removed 21/2/11 First AF: 26/02/11

trying1230 Implant removed: 06/01/2007

tryng4another Implant removed: 14/10/10 1st af: 18/11/2010 Next AF should have been due 15/12/2010; Now it 2nd january still nothing waiting but BFN

Xerinx:Implant out 12/11/10; 1st AF 11/12/10 Next AF due 8/01/11

Thanks for making the thread, I had mine out around the same time as you and still waiting for AF to arrive. My Dr said it should be out of my system within 48 hrs so fingers crossed me and OH have something special to celebrate at xmas or New Year :winkwink:

Hey :) I replied to your other post before the suggestion to make an official thread cropped up !
Anyway, I had Implanon removed on the 7th of September after 6 months (tried to get it out after 3 months because I had awful side effects- basically everything imaginable !) And had a withdrawal bleed on the 10th, so after 3 days. Then a had a 'proper' period on the 19th of October, 39 days after the withdrawal bleed. I was hoping the 39 days could be a guideline as to when my periods would be, but it's now been 40 days since my October AF and I'm not even spotting ! I did have pains a few days ago until about friday or yesterday, but they've just.. Dissapeared ! What the heck ? Any similar experiences ?
By the way, been NTNP for about 8 days now and am on Pregnacare Conceive because me and OH were going to start 'officially' trying to TTC after AF. Surely there's no way I'm pregnant already.
X

Hi all

Had implant in for 2yrs 9 months and had it removed on the 21st and still no sign of AF!! Doc told me that fertility would return immidiately but not so sure!

AF's have always been a bit all over the place nothing for 6 weeks then on for 10days + so i think it will be difficult!

have started to test for OV but again nothing as yet will be interesting to see how everyone gets on and i will keep you all updated on my situation.

like others i have heard lots of diff stories! my guess is everyone is diff and depends on how long you had the implant!

good luck to all TTC fingers crossed for BFP for all soon!

I'm glad my thread sparked off an official one =]

I had my implanon removed on the 25th of this month and have yet to have an withdrawal bleed, I've had constant on and off crampin since its come out but no sign of any bleeding.

My periods have never been regular, they have always been every 6-10 weeks, or anywhere inbetween, so its hard for me to tell when I should expect it next. I was told that fertillity would return to normal as soon as it was removed, and the OH and I did :sex: the night I had it taken out lol, Although I'm pretty sure nothing would happen this soon especially without a withdrawal bleed or anything, or perhaps im being naive lol

Hi, I've already posted on a couple of over threads about ttc after implanon, but wanted to join to "official" one! Had implanon out on the 20th October, followed a couple of weeks later by a 3 day withdrawl bleed. Had my "proper" AF on the 23rd November, which lasted 5 days, so am currently on CD7.

I only had the implant in for 6 months, and I hated it! The only positive was no periods, but I had really bad side effects with it, nausea, extreme tiredness, painful breasts, so was quite glad to get it removed. Before that was on cerazette, and also no periods, and can't actually remember what my cycle was like before BC!

Am going to start OPK'ing this cycle, might start testing tomorrow in case I miss it!

woohoo a thread just on the implanon.on the 21st of oct, i had my implanon removed, also like you all i was told everything can return back to normal within 48hours.well 5weeks later i had af which lasted 3-4days.so not too long at all.then a week later i had the tiniest little bit of spotting along with cramps which these lasted about 1hour or so.

i had the implanon in for 1yr and 1month.at the time of getting it in me and oh had not planned on ttc until we were both completely ready for another.

now is that time, and i think i am more stressed this time than i was when ttc 1#.with 1# it took 3months so im not quite expecting everything to happen this quick.but i would at least like my body back to normal.

Joining you here! Removed the implanon on the 1st of November, AF showed up the 24th and now on CD6...
Just like Cakeface I'm using OPK's this cycle, starting tomorrow!

how is everyone getting on?

bless my poor oh, last night after dtd he had my legs straight up in the air.i think he is getting worse than me.though today i am getting some cramping again.wouldnt it just be great if we all knew what was actually happening in are bodies.

i was speaking to my friend who had the implant in over 3years ago now.she got it taken out so she could ttc.well she had a cycle not long after it was removed and she had managed to get pregnant after that.though i know she does do handstands etc after dtd lol she is so funny.though she does now have 2 gorgeous girls.#1 is 2yrs and #2 is 4months now.

i hope this can give us some positive thinking :)

xxx

I am now on CD42. Did a test this morning just in case- :bfn:. It's really upset me because not only am I not expexting our little one yet, it means It really is just my cycle that's messed up and not that I'm pg :( ah well. I hope AF shows up soon ! X

Hi Ladies,

May I join you?? I had my implant removed on the 8th Sept, had 1st period on 19th Sept, then had a really long cycle of 40 days where I had loads of pg symptoms but eventually AF arrived on 29th Oct, I was hopefully holding out for a BFP for my birthday but was unlucky when I was woken early in the morning of my birthday by AF :-( (29th Nov).
So now back to the start of another cycle!

I've a little boy who is 5 who was a fab 'surprise' so have never ttc before.. who'd have thought really how difficult it could be!?

Dudesmum

x

Hi

I had implanon for 3 full years. had it removed 19 March 2010. As a few friends have had chemical miscarriages following it, we waited until Sept to start TTC. we have been taking Conception Plus vitamins for him and her since March.

1 year after having the implanon inserted, i started to bleed every 2 weeks. My doc gave me a contraceptive pill to take a couple times a week to stop this, which worked fine. no periods before or after. Periods returned within 6 weeks, and after 1 cycle they regulated to 29 days.

Got our BFP in Nov!

Hi ladies :flower:

I had my Implanon removed on 30th Sept this year after having it in for 20 months. Had no problems with it at all apart from the odd bleed. Had WB on the 4th-7th Oct, then started proper AF on the 23rd-27th, had a 32day cycle, started AF again on the 24th-28th, so seems quite regular and normal so far.. fingers crossed it stays that way! :)

:dust:

Ok well for me so good news and bad news.

Firstly I started bleeding tonight - so looking like AF has returns. Bad news - the past 4/5 days I have had positive OPKS and lots of EWCM (including today), so I assumed I was ovulating. Now if I did ovulate my body is a total mess to be getting AF now. If I wasn't ovulating what the hell is going on with the positive OPKs?

Very confused!

Hi Nickij,

Didn't want to read and run, I've no idea what goes on with our bodies sometimes! My doc said that my fertility would return pretty much straight away but my cycles seem to have been a bit 'all over the place' this one I had no signs whatsover that AF was going to arrive but its been dreadfully heavy one (sorry tmi :blush:) the only upside is that at least it was 30 days after the previous one rather than the 40 days cycle from the month before.

I hope things regulate themselves for you very soon and we all get the :bfp: we are hoping for!

Jo x

that is very confusing.the things the implant does to your body.i have been so confused about my body that i am considering doing a test.my OH had noticed yesterday that my nipples have darkened.i will be getting the tests today and will prob be doing 1 tomorrow morning.i know it could well be nothing but no harm in trying.

I know what you girls mean, Its been a week since having it removed, still no sign of AF, woke up this morning feeling incredibly sick and bloated, all I want to do is test, although I know its going to be too early to tell anything.

i was reading up on something before to do with the removal of the implant and some1 had said to give it 5-7weeks before testing.mine will be 7weeks tomorrow

Yeah the nurse who took mine out told me if no sign of period within the first 4-6 weeks then too test, so i'll b testing dead on christmas day if there is no sign of AF before then.

Since having my implant out last month I've had a banging headache everyday. As I work in a busy call centre the noise doesn't really help :dohh: Has anyone else had this problem, also I didn't have a withdrawal bleed afterwards but I had only just said bye to AF the day before, what do you guys think? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->