Officially sulking :(

Rickles

Reaction score
I lost my mucous plug this morning - at least I assume so - there was so much of the stuff I thought my waters had gone. This was followed by some really strong contractions - not particularly painful but that really wrapped around my tummy.

GP sent me to maternity triage who put on a trace and confirmed I was contracting 3/4 times every 10 minutes - however I am a miserable 2 cm dilated, apparently my cervix is still high and posterior. They said I could stay but there was no telling how long it would take - so I came home so I could see DD.

Now got cramps thanks to the vaginal exam...

I am so over this :( Can anyone give me some encouragement that things might get going soon??

Try bouncing on your ball if you have one? Or go for a walk that might get things going a bit more.

Hope things start for you soon.

Ahh at least things are starting to move for you, how exciting! Maybe a bit of dtd could help?
I get so envious when people post about going into labour. Good luck!

I honestly wouldn't get hopes up about going into labor almost right at 38 weeks. Its going to bring too much disappointment if you expect it that early :/ It's certainly not the norm. First babies do tend to go over the due date. Oh just saw ticker. Well was your first born at 38 weeks? My first was a week late and now I'm one day overdue with this second daughter.
I've found Braxton hicks contractions are actually painful off and on this time. I thought Sunday might have been something starting just from the pain, but turns out my uterus just wants to warm up more this time haha

I honestly wouldn't get hopes up about going into labor almost right at 38 weeks. Its going to bring too much disappointment if you expect it that early :/ It's certainly not the norm. First babies do tend to go over the due date. Oh just saw ticker. Well was your first born at 38 weeks? My first was a week late and now I'm one day overdue with this second daughter.
I've found Braxton hicks contractions are actually painful off and on this time. I thought Sunday might have been something starting just from the pain, but turns out my uterus just wants to warm up more this time haha

I think you're right! My first waters broke at 39 weeks. But I had no signs whatsoever. This time I just think I'm in a big bloody warm up. I've decided that this baby is absolutely not coming before November 6th (39 weeks) and am now determined to ignore every sign that occurs before then! I've banned OH from asking me if I think I am in labour!

xx

I definitely had lots of practice contractions with my second and again this time. Seems to be normal for #2 and beyond. Hope it gets going for you soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->