OH doesn't want baby number 2 :(

Really hope he comes round to it. I'd simply say look, I'm pregnant now, not in a year or 10 years. I have this healthy baby growing in my womb and they are half me and half you. We will cope and if you really don't think you can, then there's the door.

Let him have a read through the posts in the TTC and Long term TTC section and realise that not everyone can choose when they have children and he is lucky X

Really hope he comes round to it. I'd simply say look, I'm pregnant now, not in a year or 10 years. I have this healthy baby growing in my womb and they are half me and half you. We will cope and if you really don't think you can, then there's the door.

Let him have a read through the posts in the TTC and Long term TTC section and realise that not everyone can choose when they have children and he is lucky X

Very good point. And abortions can increase your chances of not being able TC when you want to plus other side effects. I hope he is coming around now.

I've been in your exact situation. I got pregnant with this pregnancy when DS was 7 months. The baby wasn't planned, and for the first 3-4 months, DH kept trying to convince me it wasn't a good idea for various reasons. He didn't want another (he's 21), we haven't lived enough yet, it isn't fair to Micah, it isn't fair to him as he is the only one working, etc...I told him I understood where he was coming from, and if he wanted an out, he could leave.

Needless to say, he's come around, and while he still isn't too happy about it, he was the one who chose the name and he's a lot happier about it than he once was.

And I second that it is never a good time to have a baby. I always said growing up I'd never have a December baby because my birthday is a week before Christmas and people would often forget my birthday. Didn't want that to happen to any of my children. Lo and behold, this baby's due date is December 25th. :haha: So I view it that they are blessings, whenever they come. :flower:

I still can't believe I'm in this situation....I want to keep this pregnancy but he still doesn't :( it's really affected our relationship :( I'm so shocked how bad he's taken this all it's making me resent him which isn't good at all.....he says how can we cope we another baby when our relationship is bad but it's only bad because we can't agree on what todo?! Argh :'(

Sorry you're going through this. I wouldn't try and persuade him, I would say im pregnant, were having another baby and that's the end of it! But that's just me.

I hope it gets resolved soon xx

It's all very very distressing, I am constantly depressed from how he has been treating me. It's meant to be such a happy time & I have no one else I can talk to as I don't want to tell anyone...

Has he still not come round to the idea? If I remember right your first baby is still quite young, do you think he may have something like PPD? Men can get it, too, and it may explain his behaviour a bit. Maybe take him to your next midwife/GP appointment and have them talk to him. It sounds like he may need some counselling of some sort...

I hope he changes his mind soon. :hugs:

How far long are you now? It may take him some time, my sisters husband was the same way with their third through the wh9le pregnancy but now she's a total daddy's girl and he adores her.
I have a friend in the same situation only it was their first and her husband was completely against it. She was so stressed she finally had an abortion. Now their marriage is in complete shambles because she is severely depressed aND blames him for the loss of the baby. :( sad situation :( i suggest maybe counseling or if you go to church to reach out to people in your church. Prolife Centers usually offer counseling for free.

I'm sorry you're going through this, I really hope he comes around. A baby is a blessing. Im sorry but I think he's being a little selfish now. :hugs: it's never a good time to have a baby and no one is ever truly prepared. My sister tried to conceive for a year and they thought they were fully prepared, but when my niece came they realized there was so much they still needed. Im sending you hugs :hugs: I hope things get better.

I could have wrote this post myself.

I have 2 boys from a previous relationship and with my husband we have a daughter who is 17 months and im currently 2/3 months pregnant with our 2nd.

When I first told him he was in shock but quickly decided we couldn't continue with this pregnancy as we aren't properly together at the moment and he said we wouldn't cope financially and that having another would negatively impact our current children.

We've argued so much that our marriage has completely broken down and there is no way back for us. I'm absolutely terrified of having another but there is no way I coild go through with an abortion just for his benefit.

Really hope you can work through things xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"