OH MY GOD...Pregnant!!

Feanorous

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I think I should re-introduce myself to you all as it looks like I'll be here for a while

I joined this site a while ago and mostly lurked. I was a bit broody for a while and starting reading up on things etc but I knew my OH wasn't really keen at the time so I stopped coming here and got on with life really.

The wham, today we found out I'm pregnant!

I'm 27 and my OH is 32. We have been together 10 years and we were just finialising our plans to get married abroad this summer. I literally just ordered a very slimline, fitted dress last week! We were probably going to plan this a year or so after the wedding! I came off the pill a year ago cos I was fed up of it and I wanted to regulate my periods. We had been using condoms but also just avoiding ovulation days. I am convinced I must have ovulates very very early this month.

So no period and its day 33 today, quite long for me so I bought some cheap tests at tesco and though if I dont get period by Monday, I'll do a test to put my mind at rest. Got home and OH said why wait, lets put our minds at rest now. Then it came up pregnant immediately! Our faces must have been a picture! So then I got a clear blue digi and it says 3+. I must be about 4 weeks I think.

I have no idea what to do next! We called our parents but won't tell friends etc yet. What do I do now? Do I go to the doctor straight away?

Gosh last week I had half a bottle of wine (I dont usually drink!) and have been eating eggs too as I've been on a diet!!! I lost 2lbs last week! lol.

I play netball about 4 times a week, can I still do that? I also ride a scooter into work into central london. No idea whether I should still be doing that. Arggh so much to think about, all the wedding stuff too!

OH is shocked but pleased I think. Worried about everything he'll have to give up! Mostly his time etc..

Phew, just dont know what to think, but am happy....and scared!!

Oh I got some folic acid and have taken one...

P.S I posted this over in frist trimester before I saw the BFP announcement forum. Sorry...

Thanks if you got this far!

Aw congratulations hun! And welcome to baby and bump now your pregnant! Everyone is super nice on here so if u need any advice were here to help. Its very exciting and the nine months go so fast so make the most of it!!!

As for the netball - you can usually exercise up until 12 - 16 weeks but I would class it as a contact sport (i.e.) you may bump into other members of the team whilst playing, which could be a bit dangerous as you dont want to hurt yourself or baby. But to be honest its completely up to you, if you feel fine still playing netball then do it! Just listen to your body. Take up yoga if you havent already done so - its great for pregnancy.

Take care and congratulations again!!

wow congrats hun if the digi says 3+ then you add two weeks on that so you should be 5+ i think. have a look on the packet hun

Thank you so much :)

I am starting to get excited! Everyone seems very so nice on here. I will probably spend most of my time on here now!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"