Oh present gurus.....

Kay_Baby

Reaction score
Not Christmas but present related. DS1's 3rd birthday is in a couple of weeks and I'm starting to wonder if we have got him enough for his birthday.

We have got him

Woody doll
Jessie doll
Red rover game
Thomas take n play adventure castle
Playmobil nursery school
Transporter lorry carrying tractors

He will get presents from both sets of grandparents and all our siblings (4 of them) as well but I've only spent about £100 on his birthday but I'm looking to spend £200-£250 on Christmas for him. Should I be spending the same amount on both?

I think that's absolutely fine. I don't think it matters how much you get for Christmas compared to birthdays, everyone has their own way of doing things. In our house, they only get 1 pressie on their birthday form us, but loads at Christmas. That's how we did it when I was growing up (probably as me and my sister both Have birthday within 2 weeks of Christmas! lol) I didn't even know anyone else was any different until I was grown up.

My son only got a £40 easle and some chalks/crayons for his birthday, so to me your list sounds like plenty! Xmas is the big one in our house (although I still don't go mad), for his birthday he just gets one good present and maybe a few books, and I tell family to do the same. I'm determined not to start him off expecting piles of presents every year, in preparation for when he's old enough to start making demands lol x

I spend about £100 on birthdays.
DS2 will be 7 in October and I've got him a football shirt (which was almost half my budget!) a board game, an activity book, a surfer dude necklace, and a ps3 game. That will probably be about it. Its over £90.
Growing up your birthday was always more important in my house as it was your special day. DHs family did it the other way and now I'd kind of adjusted. DS4 will only get about £50 on his birthday (also october) as its his 1st and he needs nothing and wont remember. he'll then about £150 this Christmas. Then it will increase to match the others as he gets older. They have £100 for birthdays and £300 Christmas.

Thanks ladies, me and OH have been talking and have decided to even it up a little and spend a little more now and a little less at Christmas as we both feel he's rather bored with his current toys as he has grown up a lot since last Christmas.

Sounds perfect for me, birthdays were never a huge thing in our house, we used to get a couple of things and get to choose a birthday dinner, christmas was always the 'big' thing

We spend more usually at christmas than birthdays tho we still get a few pressies for birthdays. My LO second birthday is in a few weeks and he is getting a baby fliker, a battery quad(got in jan sales for £20) a wee lorry and some books and play dough. I'm not sure what he's getting for Christmas and I already have loads bought for his big brother.

I have a budget of around £100 on Birthdays and £100 each on Christmas...... It's not really a target though as if their list of pressies that I would like to get them comes in at less, it's a bonus. I also get their birthday cake in that money. At 3 I started to ask Earl what he wanted to make sure he would get 1 thing he wanted. I tend to stick to the old adage that someone on here taught me - Something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->