OH rant!

Alyssa Drough

Reaction score
I could kill him right now. He just doesn't think!

Every morning I have to move his shit that he's left lying around the living room within lo's reach. Empty glasses, empty crisp packets, his tablet, sweet wrappers etc.

And we live in a flat so everything is on one floor. Even with the doors shut you can still hear stuff going on if it's loud enough. He's always banging around in the kitchen and just now almost woke lo up getting a chicken out the oven! Whenever I sneak out to the bathroom I swear he always manages to do something noisy as soon as I've opened the door like cough or say Xbox voice commands really loudly!

I've told him so many times but it's like he's still not used to having a baby in the house! It's been 8 months!

Haha my OH is the same! Before LO arrived we always said we wouldn't tiptoe around but in reality it doesn't work.

Our kitchen is below LO's bedroom so when he cooks tea he makes so much noise...even chopping vegetables!!! We move to a new house in a few days and I'm hoping it will help :-/

10 month old babygirl and all the same issues here. I have to pop her in her walker every morning so I can go round and pick all the stuff up she's not allowed that he's left out. I'm in bed from 8pm every night with Isabella (my choice to spend time with her even though she's asleep) and he wakes her constantly with shouting at the xbox. Very irratating. Oh little bit of advice - don't break the xbox like me, it doesn't work. Just costs you more lol.

10 month old babygirl and all the same issues here. I have to pop her in her walker every morning so I can go round and pick all the stuff up she's not allowed that he's left out. I'm in bed from 8pm every night with Isabella (my choice to spend time with her even though she's asleep) and he wakes her constantly with shouting at the xbox. Very irratating. Oh little bit of advice - don't break the xbox like me, it doesn't work. Just costs you more lol.

Haha brilliant!:haha:

Ugh!!! My DH is forever doing stuff like that! Just last evening, after a long hot day outdoors at a soccer tournament, my 5 month old was a mess! I got her fed, bathed and to sleep (in our room where her bed is), it took forever because she was so done being outside. So I finally get go downstairs at about 8 pm and say to everyone, baby is asleep upstairs NO ONE go in our room or make any noise by the door, she's really fussy, so if you wake her it'll be a nightmare.

Then a bit later - on our monitor - I hear the door to our room open and the SLAMMING of dresser drawers, and then - baby screaming, of course...I run up & ask my DH (in the room, shushing her) what the heck was that and he's all, oh she woke up so I went in to help her! Uh, NO - I have the baby monitor and heard everything...he's like, well I wanted my swim shorts to get in the pool, but she was fussing, sorry...why don't you hop in with us (him and our older kids). Ok sure, in about an hour or so, i just need to PUT THE BABY TO SLEEP!!

My husband is pretty good. Doesn't leave too much lying around but he makes a lot of noise. I guess it annoys me because I'm so concious of not disturbing anyone that I'm quiet as a mouse and then jeopardizes everything :nope:

Just dumb stuff annoys me like when I got to the bathroom I push the handle all the way down so it doesn't make any noise when I open it and same when I close it. For a few seconds of extra effort it saves me potentially waking anyone up. I've told him to do the same but he always makes noises opening the door, shutting it, then opening it and shutting it again! Argh, drives me nuts! He also coughs loudly, especially when passing their rooms. Why? Why can't you wait until you're in the living room??? :growlmad:

I'm sick of telling him to be quiet. He maintains that my vehement 'shhhsshhhh' is much louder than any noise he makes anyway :dohh:

Oh my God he's done it again. It's half 5 in the morning and I'm up with my wide awake 8 months old because he got a new phone and didn't check what the morning alarm sounded like. Well it scared the crap out of me because it was so loud and of course woke lo up in the next room.

The rule in our house is if you wake the baby, you take the baby, so weirdly DH is very gentle around the house at sleep times ;)

My elder son however......!!!

Ugh, I would be so annoyed!! It took my DH about a year to get the point that we have a baby and he has to be quiet, but he got it eventually!

Haha! Love this! :rofl:

I could kill him right now. He just doesn't think!

Every morning I have to move his shit that he's left lying around the living room within lo's reach. Empty glasses, empty crisp packets, his tablet, sweet wrappers etc.

And we live in a flat so everything is on one floor. Even with the doors shut you can still hear stuff going on if it's loud enough. He's always banging around in the kitchen and just now almost woke lo up getting a chicken out the oven! Whenever I sneak out to the bathroom I swear he always manages to do something noisy as soon as I've opened the door like cough or say Xbox voice commands really loudly!

I've told him so many times but it's like he's still not used to having a baby in the house! It's been 8 months!

You think thats bad? My OH is still like this, 3 years later!!! Such a lazy arse never tidying after himself... Just 5 minutes ago i had to bin empty chewit sweet wrappers he'd left lying on his desk -_- and dont even get my started on glasses... Most of them are still half full! Too busy gaming till 2-3am that he forgets to finish his juice and let it goes flat! Such a bloody waste! He stays awake till 2-3am gaming and talking VERY loudly on his headset to his mate as though theres no one around for miles! Im constantly telling him to shut up through the baby monitor... Doesnt hear me most times or just ignores me and pretends he cant hear me! He has the volume up so loud through his headset cause its turtle beach and 'thats what they're for!' apparently... Dicks! xx

OMG this makes me so glad my husband isn't a gamer!!

DH has an Xbox but thankfully he's just not a dick about it....!

The rule in our house is if you wake the baby, you take the baby, so weirdly DH is very gentle around the house at sleep times ;)

My elder son however......!!!

Same rule applies here! You wake her you get her back to sleep.

Haha! Love this! :rofl:

Oh the amount of times i have almost snapped his fifa in half! I could so essily blame it on B as he knows how brutal she can be lol

This sounds exactly like my husband! So bloody annoying! Our LO is 16 months old now so can reach just about everywhere.

Every morning I have to move empty cups, plates, empty packets, wires etc from DSs reach. My hubby is also a gamer and does a lot of shouting at people grrr :mad:

I wouldn't mind as much if he just tidied up after himself! The weekends are worst when he leaves empty beer cans stacked up on his desk.

Annoying!

so glad my LO is quite a heavy sleeper, if hes in his swing and you knock it he will jilt awake, but asleep within seconds, and when hes in bed, well hes asleep so u dont have to be quiet, its not like he will wake up :) and thats usually me shouting at the xbox on a night, when i cba to turn the controller on to pause a film i feel the need to shout at it really loud or it wont hear me :s

OMG this makes me so glad my husband isn't a gamer!!

Same here lol!

But really my OH bangs about and leaves his crap everywhere too. He leaves the house at 5am and bangs around the kitchen making a cuppa (right underneath my two oldests bedroom) and when I get the girls up it's all stinking rotten socks on the living room floor, half drank Pepsi on the side, mugs, sweet wrappers... :dohh: and you need to be quick about picking it all up or the girls start throwing dirty socks at each other lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->