OH's

Lou

Reaction score
So, we know what jobs we do, and we know a little bit about each others otherhalves, but what does your OH do?

I'll start the ball rolling..

my OH is a pilot - dont get to see him that much, but he loves his job and thats what counts...

xxx

My OH sells insurance. Not major medical, more like life insurance, sickness, and Cancer policies. Works for Aflac.. (you know, the Duck, lol)

Its a bit scary though as it is 100% comission based, so even if he works 50 hour weeks, if he doesnt make a sale, he doesnt get paid:(

My DH is in the US Navy. Although we get wonderful benefits and have a secure paycheck, it's sometimes not worth it when he has to leave and misses out on things. :nope:

My OH is a cleaner at the university at the moment. He has a degree in Countryside Management though but he needs to get a driving license before he can get a job he wants! It's quite nice though, except the low wages!, as he's home every day by 2:15 pm so we have all afternoon and evening together. Money wise though, I really need a job and to an extent it may be better if he had a job where he could work more hours to get more money but he had to take what was there! The holiday entitlement is great though- he has 28 days plus bank holidays plus university closed days and he doesn't work weekends! He has 2 weeks off over Christmas and New Year just as standard! :happydance:

Beca :wave:

My OH is a planner for Stobarts, planning all the jobs and drivers etc.

My OH is a planner for Stobarts, planning all the jobs and drivers etc.

oh my god! I Love stobarts! As sad as it sounds that is how I satisfy my time on the road! haha

xxxx

My OH is a cleaner at the university at the moment. He has a degree in Countryside Management though but he needs to get a driving license before he can get a job he wants! It's quite nice though, except the low wages!, as he's home every day by 2:15 pm so we have all afternoon and evening together. Money wise though, I really need a job and to an extent it may be better if he had a job where he could work more hours to get more money but he had to take what was there! The holiday entitlement is great though- he has 28 days plus bank holidays plus university closed days and he doesn't work weekends! He has 2 weeks off over Christmas and New Year just as standard! :happydance:

Beca :wave:

Wow - those holiday are awesome!! Im sooo gunna miss uni for the holidays... the 5 months summer is awesome.. :D when u have ur LO those holidays will be perfect, think of all the time he'll get to spend with you both!

My DH is in the US Navy. Although we get wonderful benefits and have a secure paycheck, it's sometimes not worth it when he has to leave and misses out on things. :nope:

I know how hard that must be... its one thing that grinds on my mind all the time.. I don't know how the US wives do it, don't your OH's go on deployment for 6months to a year?? it must be awful chick. xxxx

My OH sells insurance. Not major medical, more like life insurance, sickness, and Cancer policies. Works for Aflac.. (you know, the Duck, lol)

Its a bit scary though as it is 100% comission based, so even if he works 50 hour weeks, if he doesnt make a sale, he doesnt get paid:(

Your OH sound rather clever! And that is really scary about the 100% commission. I didn't realise that there was no base level pay at all. I think medical insurance is always a good area to be involved with though, unfortunately most people need some sort of sickness cover these days.

xxxxx

my OH is doing biomedical sciences at uni hoping to become a dr of science!...oh and hes a barman at my work so we always see each other...hes been given the name sof Hottie Barman (thats what i called him before we got together...it just kinda stuck"

All your OHs sound so clever!

your sooo right KA92...

We have some seriously clever gene pools going here... us WTTers will be having genious babies!! woop!

xxxx

Ooh can I show off about my supersmart OH please? :)

We are only students atm- but he is soo clever. We got to a Grammar School, which means you have to pass an IQ type entrance exam to get in which is very hard- when we took the exam he got the highest mark out of all 140 people who passed... He's not only clever, he's an amazing sportsman.
A few years ago, he was in the TOP 3 in the UK for 200M for his age group. He is an incredible sprinter, always doing 100 and 200M at national competitions.. he is also pretty great at long jump- at his last competition he jumped 6.50m! However his most impressive feat is rugby. I mention it alot, because I am so proud of him, so sorry if I'm repeating myself, but he is in Leicester Tigers EPDG. They are the biggest rugby club in the world and have handpicked him to play for them, which is a huuuge honour. If all goes well, next year he'll be moving to Leicester next year to be part of the full time academy... He also plays for local adult teams because he is too good for his age range! So he plays for the over 18 team even though he's 16... He's a local legend in our area. Strangers will know who he is and what his achievements are... Once someone came up to him in town and congratulated him on getting into Tigers... he had no idea who they were!

Ok I've ranted sorry :blush: He doesn't know what he wants to do yet but I'm sure he'll be able to do anything he wants!

Mine's an aeronautical engineer for Virgin Atlantic, and bloody good at it he is too! He works 4 on, 4 off shifts at Gatwick or Heathrow, so sometimes has to get up at 2:30am to drive 2 1/2 hours to work for a 12 hour shift :| He loves it though, so can't complain! :) xx

your sooo right KA92...

We have some seriously clever gene pools going here... us WTTers will be having genious babies!! woop!

xxxx

Hell yeah!! Unless they get my genes :p Meh, at least they'd be artistic and creative! :)

your sooo right KA92...

xxxx

Hell yeah!! Unless they get my genes :p Meh, at least they'd be artistic and creative! :)

If they get my genes all they'll be good for is reading copious amounts, writing English essays and playing chavvy teenage boys and mad ladies :dohh:

your sooo right KA92...

xxxx

If they get my genes all they'll be good for is reading copious amounts, writing English essays and playing chavvy teenage boys and mad ladies :dohh:

:rofl::rofl:

if they get mine then they'll be a student forever!! haha and they also wont ever be able to make up their minds! haha!!

Thompsonic - thats so cool about ur OH - it looks like he'll be on our TV screen in no time at all!! I'll keep an eye out for him as my claim to fame! hahaha!

Fluffyburra you OH works for the company my OH dreams to work for oneday... hes still in the RAF about to finish his private pilots license but he would love a job in Virgin... does ur OH get many perks??

xxx

Mine wants to be a pilot lol, but he loves his job right now so much that I don't think he minds too much :p
He gets free flights, as do his immediate family, and he gets half price for friends. He has a blast, and apparently they're a very fair company.

My OH loves rugby, he disagrees leicester is the biggest club in the world :blush:

my OH is a student at a university for business management and delivers pizza for pizza hut part time :winkwink:

My oh is a roofer by trade but pretty much does all sorts of building work - nothing exciting but pays the bills

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->