OHSS after IUI

Sophie2015

Reaction score
Anyone develop mild OHSS after using Follistim and Ovidrel? I have bloating and abdominal pain and shortness of breath. This was my 2nd Follistim cycle and the second month in a row I over responded. I developed 7 follies and my E2 was super high. And I'm guessing I now have OHSS. My Dr wasn't concerned and felt it would resolve although he didn't actually label it OHSS. Anyone have any experience with this?

Anyone develop mild OHSS after using Follistim and Ovidrel? I have bloating and abdominal pain and shortness of breath. This was my 2nd Follistim cycle and the second month in a row I over responded. I developed 7 follies and my E2 was super high. And I'm guessing I now have OHSS. My Dr wasn't concerned and felt it would resolve although he didn't actually label it OHSS. Anyone have any experience with this?

Hi hun

I'm on Clomid and I think I may be experiencing this. I see you have marked that you are pregnant, congrats on your BFP! When did you get it?

Hi hun

I'm on Clomid and I think I may be experiencing this. I see you have marked that you are pregnant, congrats on your BFP! When did you get it?

Clomid doesn't cause OHSS because it doesn't raise your E2 levels like FSH does.

I got my BFP last Monday at 9dpo. Just praying this one sticks!

Sorry I was short earlier. I was in a hurry and didn't want to read and run. Is this your first go with Clomid? I tried it last year but I'm much older than you and it thinned my lining and prevented implantation. Clomid lowers estrogen (FSH raises it) which is why it doesn't cause OHSS. Good luck to you!!!

It's my fourth actually :) I am pretty sure I did have some kind of over stimulation. Obviously not to the same extent but it can make your ovaries swell and all that. I read it in the package insert. My estrogen and progesterone is a bit unbalanced so maybe it has something to do with that.

Either way, it feels a bit, better now.

Yes it can make the ovaries very heavy. As far as oral meds I preferred Femara over Clomid and actually conceived my 3rd using Femara.

Hi ladies thought I would pop in and offer some advice as I am currently recovering from severe ohss (from IVF) I was hospitalised and 10litres drained from me, I was severely poorly BUT the key is to drink at least 2 litres of water per day and 90g of protein - the protein is the key as it helps stop the blood vessels leaking fluid...snacking on chicken etc is really helpful or protein shakes as they give you liquid and protein in one hit! If you start being sick you must contact your clinic. I really hope you haven't got it!!

Hi ladies thought I would pop in and offer some advice as I am currently recovering from severe ohss (from IVF) I was hospitalised and 10litres drained from me, I was severely poorly BUT the key is to drink at least 2 litres of water per day and 90g of protein - the protein is the key as it helps stop the blood vessels leaking fluid...snacking on chicken etc is really helpful or protein shakes as they give you liquid and protein in one hit! If you start being sick you must contact your clinic. I really hope you haven't got it!!

It's so awful!!! This is exactly what I did, drank tons of water and ate tons of chicken. My entire midsection was so swollen and sore. My stomach muscles hurt from the weight of the fluid. I was managed at home thankfully. So sorry you went thru this. The mild version was horrible. I can't imagine your discomfort.

Hi hun

Clomid doesn't cause OHSS because it doesn't raise your E2 levels like FSH does.

I got my BFP last Monday at 9dpo. Just praying this one sticks!

That's incorrect. Clomid can cause OHSS it's just more common with injectables.

Yes clomid can cause OHSS , its just more common with injectables , I had mild OHSS on a high dose of clomid + injectables. drink lots of fluids and rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->