Ohss

goingforit

Reaction score
Hello. Im currently undergoing my first IVF and I've been told I'm high risk of this and just wanted to know people's experiences.

Does a high number of follicles mean it's more likely?

Did anyone have to have them all frozen because of this?

Anyone have high follicles but were okay?

Thanks in advance.

The number of follicles doesn't tell whether or not you will have ohss. My first cycle we had 18 retrieved and I was borderline ohss and had them all frozen, and my second cycle 30 were retrieved and I was in much better shape that time we did a fresh transfer. Your e2 levels can tell you more about whether or not you ate at risk. I was given my e2 levels every check and as long as they stayed under I believe it was 4000 they would do a fresh transfer. Do you have PCOS?

Thank you for the reply Froggy. What is an e2 number?

I've not been diagnosed with PCOS but they have said my ovaries are polysystic. Maybe they will tell me more at my scan tomorrow

Your estrogen levels. I would ask them specifically what do they look at when deciding whether or not you will do a freeze all or a fresh transfer. I kept track of all of my levels every time I had blood work so that I knew what to expect.

I've not had any blood tests done. Are you in the UK? Yes I shall ask them more tomorrow but maybe they'll tell me more anyhow as it's my last scan before egg collection.

No, I'm in the US. They tested my blood every time I had an ultrasound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"