Ok, blunt question - privacy rules?

Omg, you're so f*cking cool. Friending you right now.

LOL, thanks, you're funny. I didn't invent them or anything.

I'm in Australia and make my own cloth pads. I sandwich a layer of flannalette (my side) and a layer of corduroy (on the underwear side) and in between put 2-3 layers of terry toweling from really old towels so they are very absorbent and it makes use of the old towels. I try to reuse pjs for the flanalette side for the abosrbency, too. The corduroy I use with the lines going the short way and this fabric means the pad grips so no need for wings - so long as you use cotton undies they won't slide. You can stack them for heavier days and I have made some extra long ones for night time and thinner ones for lighter days. I colour code them with different colour corduroy so that I now at a glance which one I'm grabbing out of the box. The trick is not to make them wider than you underwear or they bunch up. Also, you do have to be aware and grab the pad along with your undies when going to the loo or the pad can end up in the loo (I've done that more times than I can count and it's never nice having to fish them out again).

I keep two containers by the loo. One with fresh pads and the other an ice cream container (or any container with a lid) with some water and I pop the used pads in there to soak them until laundry day. I don't leave them more than a day or two other wise I'd refresh the water daily. I have a little sign on the soaking container "open at your own risk, menstrual pads soaking within" but if toddlers are visiting I put it up high.

Thanks for friending me. No, not TTC, I'm 47 and have had all the babies I am going to have I reckon although no signs of menopause, not even close, so you never know. We don't use contraception and are only loosely careful not to conceive. OH is 10 years younger and there is always room for babies in our home. I am happy with my lot and have lots of babies in my life and a sweet English staffy who is my fur baby but you never know....I still get clucky.

:haha: I know, but you're cool :thumbup:

And they sound lovely! Care to make/send me some? :blush:

You seem like such a lovely person :hugs: xx

Hubby and I both sleep naked and the children often see us use the bathroom, bathe or get dressed. The children regularly wander around the house naked. We have no plans to change that until they start to show signs that they need some more privacy. I think for children not to see nudity at all and to view your body as something to be ashamed of could be quite damaging in the long run for them.

This is how our house is! I hate clothing, I regularly run around the house naked. LO frequently runs around the house in nothing but a diaper, would let him go naked, but don't want him pooping on the rug! :haha:

Never thought about covering up i always sleep with pyjamas because i get so cold!

But neither hubby or I cover up around our children, we walk naked from the bathroom to our bedroom to get dressed my daughter often brings toys into the bathroom when one of us is showering and she likes to have a chat.

I don't think we need to make a big deal out of it, i don't want her to only see the perfectly preened bodies on tv and think she needs to look like that, i want her to understand that isn't the norm and we are all perfect in our own way.

I don't want her to feel uncomfortable around us and vice versa, but we shall follow their cues if they start being awkward around nakedness then we shall change our routine but i don't think it will happen.

For sure I can. I'm making some right now for another Mum I know so I"ve got everything all set up to go. I'll PM you in the morning (it's late here and I'm just hoping into bed with my LO after watching Happy Feet 2 with her. It was a cute movie) :o)

For sure I can. I'm making some right now for another Mum I know so I"ve got everything all set up to go. I'll PM you in the morning (it's late here and I'm just hoping into bed with my LO after watching Happy Feet 2 with her. It was a cute movie) :o)

Wow, thank you!

You're the best :hugs:

Looking forward to your PM :thumbup:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe