Ok girlies/gents I need your help !

plutosblue

Mum of 2 & duffed.
Reaction score
Hi girlies

So me and my OH have been tearing our hair out today, with you guessed it, baby names!!!

So we are TTC in April 2010
If in future we were to have a girl the name is set in stone, it would be Lily Ann Gardiner (we arent married but we agreed she would take his name since I hate my surname!) The name fits because french sounding which runs in with my family and Ann is the name which runs in OH's family.

But we cannot for the life of us decide on a boys name.. unfortunatly OH wants Edgar to the the middle name which .. (and I'm sorry if I offend anyone here) but I hate Edgar! :dohh:

So we can't for the life of us decide...

is going to be .... (something) Edgar Gardiner :hissy:

I like Kaleb, Nathaniel, Isaac, Kaden, Jason and several others..

He likes names like Joseph, Zak, David, Mark

The only one we can semi agree on is Matthew but his brother is named this and I don't get on with his brother too well :blush: Our relationship is tenious at best, what I'm proposing is the middle name be Matthew and then something else at the front.

So help ladies, what name for boys do you suggest? I'm tearing my hair out here!

I love Euan, William, Harry, Joshua, Connor.
Have a look on a french name site and see if there is anything there that floats ur boat to keep with the french theme.

xxxx

ps, lilly ann Is absolutely beautiful.

xx

ps, lilly ann Is absolutely beautiful.

xx

Awww thankyou :blush: My mother thought of Lily and then OH's mum thought off Ann and well it just fit..

At this rate though I am praying for a girl next year so its easy haha :happydance:

I love Euan, William, Harry, Joshua, Connor.
Have a look on a french name site and see if there is anything there that floats ur boat to keep with the french theme.

xxxx

Oooo I like Joshua *asks the OH*

Nope .. but he likes Harry :dohh:

We never agree hahaha

hahaha! Thats how a couple is meant to be... maybe it means that when you have ur LO, if its a little boy, the name will just come when you see him!!

(Im secretly hoping I have a little girl! hehe)

xxxxx

hahaha! Thats how a couple is meant to be... maybe it means that when you have ur LO, if its a little boy, the name will just come when you see him!!

(Im secretly hoping I have a little girl! hehe)

xxxxx

Maybe :blush: I'm sure I will bully him into chosing one of my names hehe

the thing i suggest with oh if he has a name he wants to use is it have 2 middle names -
cause edgar gardinar is a bit of a mouth full! :p so you could have (something) edgar matthew gardiner :)
kaden edgar matthew :) xxx

the thing i suggest with oh if he has a name he wants to use is it have 2 middle names -
cause edgar gardinar is a bit of a mouth full! :p so you could have (something) edgar matthew gardiner :)
kaden edgar matthew :) xxx

:shock: It never even crossed my mind to be fair, Kaden Edgar Matthew sounds fab to me!!

:happydance: OMG OMG OMG *runns to tell OH*

Edit:: Ok he doesn't mind the double barrell, but he still hates Kaden :rofl: I can't win

Jack Edgar Matthew
Ben Edgar Matthew
Tom Edgar Matthew
etc

I think the first name should be quite short and simple to go with two long middle names iykwim, otherwise saying his name will take forever!

ha :)
what does he say (apart from his love for the name edgar lol) if u ask what he actually wants as the first name? if he cant answer then u can just say well you're just going to have to go with what i pick then arent u! :pxxxx

ha :)
what does he say (apart from his love for the name edgar lol) if u ask what he actually wants as the first name? if he cant answer then u can just say well you're just going to have to go with what i pick then arent u! :pxxxx

Hahaha I'm going to go with that I think since he is doing my nut in.. and anyways I'm doing all the carrying and the labour work I think I should get a bigger say in it, he has the other two names in there anyway! :blush:

its a tough choice, we had a girls name picked out Olivia Anna Irwin as we were both convinced we were having a girl but out popped a boy and it was stressful he was nameless for 5 days. Euan was my favourite boys name all along, OH liked no boys names then after 5 days he caved and called him Euan.

We picked our names based on meaning, I'm sworn to secrecy but our girls name means precious and boys means wholehearted (closest meaning we could get to superhero that we both liked). Middle names are Marie like mine coz it fit and Ernest after OH's Grandad. I really like Joseph, Jacob. Issac, Jayden. Mia, Rosie, Daisy, Caitlin.
Love your girls name!
It is really hard being a teacher as many names relate to a child I know. I can tell you the names to avoid! :laugh2:

I love the names Isaac and Nathaniel (I wanted Nathaniel but OH is called Nathan and he thinks that is weird :?)

Maybe try getting a baby names book - we got one a while back and OH was weirdly happy to go through it and discuss names (either that or the thought of having to look through a massive book of names will bore him so much he will just give up and give all naming rights over to you...which is the way it should be anyways!)

Lily Ann is a beautiful name....lets hope for a girl first of all for you...saves on arguments!

Edgar is my Dad's middle name and he hates it with a passion!!!

We want Tyler for a boy but not sure on middle names, maybe James after DH (and we can call him TJ) or Sebastian. I also like Taylor, Joshua, Tristan and Lucas. :)

We have Nathan James Taylor (OH last name) Zackariah James Taylor or Barry James Taylor...

Girls are Leanne Jameson Taylor (anyone see the trend yet?)
Talluah """"
or
Rihanne...though OH seems to like Brooklyn or MAckenzie....err right...

Had my heart set on Taylor and Michael but now my OH is Michael last name Taylor so it ruins it!!!

xx

We picked our names based on meaning, I'm sworn to secrecy but our girls name means precious and boys means wholehearted (closest meaning we could get to superhero that we both liked). Middle names are Marie like mine coz it fit and Ernest after OH's Grandad. I really like Joseph, Jacob. Issac, Jayden. Mia, Rosie, Daisy, Caitlin.
Love your girls name!
It is really hard being a teacher as many names relate to a child I know. I can tell you the names to avoid! :laugh2:

:haha: I will make sure to get your opinion first then!!! :blush:

I like Jacob but he says it reminds him too much of Twilight! Mia and Caitlin are geoooorgous..

If we were to have 2 girls the first would be Lilly Ann and then the other would be called Elsie Grace or Rosie Grace (haha as you can tell I like flower related names..) :blush:

I love the names Isaac and Nathaniel (I wanted Nathaniel but OH is called Nathan and he thinks that is weird :?)

Maybe try getting a baby names book - we got one a while back and OH was weirdly happy to go through it and discuss names (either that or the thought of having to look through a massive book of names will bore him so much he will just give up and give all naming rights over to you...which is the way it should be anyways!)

Lily Ann is a beautiful name....lets hope for a girl first of all for you...saves on arguments!

Thanks Amelie :hugs: I hope for a girl too at this rate, I have all the names sorted for that :blush:

I like Nathaniel, but he doesn't like how long it is I'm like well you wouldn't call him that he would be little Nate or Nathan.

I can't win.. tried going on the internet, baby books but he has told me he only likes names out of computer games... ](*,)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->