Ok.... I need major help!

Momma7788

Reaction score
This is a long story - I'm gonna try to make it short. We are ttc #2. I went in on Monday for an ultrasound because my periods have been crazy since stopping breastfeeding..... I took a pregnancy home test Monday morning before the appt because I was late....it was negative.
Go to the ultrasound and much to our surprise the tech says you're pregnant! We were shocked! And happy! So we went to the appt with the nurse after the u/s and she went over everything and sent me to get blood work. The next day comes and they are almost about to close so I call because I'm DYING to know the result - the nurse told me all she could say was it was negative and maybe a possible misscarriage? She couldn't tell me anything else tho.
The doc was supposed to call me back yesterday or today with an explanation but I've yet to receive a call so I called again and they said she hasn't signed off on my results for a nurse to call me back and I just have to wait..... And she could possibly not call till tomorrow!!!!
WHAT?! Am I pregnant? Getting ready to miscarry? What is going on?? I'm dying..... And wish they would just call me back. Why would they see a gestational sac on the u/s but have a negative blood test? :( I've read some people have gotten a false negative blood test, which is a possibility. But I just have no idea what's going on.
Still no period yet either. Any help is appreciated...

I would defiantly be blowing up the phone lines at the doctor's office until an actual doctor called me back. That is just ridiculous. How is a tech going to tell you that you're pregnant and then you go for all these tests and then a nurse just calls you and tells you that you're not and might be miscarrying. I would be livid! I hope you find out the answers you need hun :hugs:

The possibility of getting a false blood test is very low. But how could the dr figure out a sac when there's no pregnancy?? This is really weird. why dont you go nd check at another gyn/obs?

Have you taken another HPT? I'd think that as long as you have a line and it is getting darker that you are still pregnant.

I'd be most inclined to assume the ultrasound tech is a moron.

I hope I am wrong, and somehow the tests are in the wrong here, but with a negative hpt and blood test....well, even in the midst of a miscarriage, if a fetus was large enough to detect on ultrasound you'd still have loads of hcg floating around.

I have no idea what it was that tech saw, but from the sounds of it it may not have been a baby. Did you get a picture of what they said they saw by chance?

Very strange indeed....the order of events is not the norm in a medical practice I have seen/experienced. Where are you at hun? I would take a test and if positive go to a different doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->