ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Thanks so much Preethi! :flower:

I have been feeling kind of lazy/sick for last 2-3days, I think I might be coming down with flu (lots of people around here have it so I might have got the bug too). Last night before sleeping my body felt warm and my temps were 99f, this morning I have the highest ever temp reading on my BBT chart 98.3 (on regular thermometer and 98.24 on basal thermometer; I am using both this cycle). Tested with FMU today (11 dpo) with BFN on $ store test. I guess if I were to be pregnant it would have shown positive today so not having any more hopes and at the same time don't want to catch cold and be sick either. TMI but what's up with random flutters/pulsations like eye twitching in the vagina...any idea? Thanks!

Have a great weekend you all :hugs: do you guys have any plans to celebrate Father's day? I am just gonna call and wish my dad. Sorry Sarah I understand you'll be missing your dad but I hope so much that your DH gets to become dad due to conception on this Father's day :hugs: :flower:

Dew, your symptoms are all looking really good for pregnancy. bfn at 11dpo doesn't mean anything. Statistically, only about half of pregnancies are detected before 12dpo and 20-30% aren't detected until after 15dpo. So don't count yourself out yet! Also, those twitching sensations you described I've only ever experienced since pregnant. Not to get your hopes up unnecessarily or anything, just stating a fact :thumbup:

Also here Father's day isn't until September.

wow flying you and i both start our antenatal classes on the same day !

for fathers day well i got my dad a card and got dh a father to be card from bump, and put tiny pink flower stickers on it and wrote in my craziest left hand writing "cant wait to meet you, love you daddy etc"

sarah, im with dew i do hope this fathers day turns out to be conception day for you. xxx

dew, try not to test until you expect af or wait for a few more days of delay, thats when the HPT's get stronger !

Thanks NDH! Your words sound very hopeful. I bought 4 $ store tests yesterday evening so I might test tomorrow morning too, just because it's Father's day :)

Thanks Preethi! You are right about waiting. I am not a POAS addict myself and very rarely test before AF is due, even with my last PG I tested 1 day after AF went missing which was 15 or 16 dpo.

Preethi, I like your FD card idea for DH, that's so cute :)

omg I just typed out a huge response to everyone then closed the screen by accident grrrrrrrrrrr :dohh: well here goes I will try and remember what I wrote:

preethi: thank you for your excitement and glad you are 'chuffed'...haha I havent heard that word in a long time must be from your DH! and thank you, I cant get my hopes up too much but I do feel I have a bloody good chance of getting pregnant in the next 3 months. And if I dont then I will be ok moving to IUI or IVF as something is not working. So only a couple of weeks till you see bubs...I cant wait until she is kicking up a storm so that you and hubby can feel her :kiss: love the card too, Ive seen those 'dad to be' ones and hopefully can get one for hubbies bday or xmas.

dew: sorry to hear about the bfn :hugs: i always assume Im out when I get the negative around 10/11 dpo as so many people on here get early results. but of course many many people dont. the temp going high is good...but do you think its from getting sick? every month gone is a month nearer to our bfp, I just wish we could know which month its going to happen. :hugs:
as for the BDing I just dont know what to do, like you say our ovulation is often the day of smiley so theres not a huge window and the BD the day after smiley BD is pointless (for most people thats their ovulation day). I could get my surge tomorrow as its CD13 as Ive had it that day 2 months previously, but recently its been CD14 and 16. I will be getting the trigger monday if no surge so I will have to BD monday and tuesday. I will probably end up just BDing every day just not to miss anything, and hope hubbies sperm is good!

flying: too bad the photo wasnt any bigger, the next one will be! you are our furthest along so all the exciting things are happening to you :cloud9: hey do you ever feel the urge to know the sex? I would love to keep it a surprise till birth as thats the ultimate surprise we can have (and hubby wouldnt want to know), but I know it would drive me crazy too, being inside me and me not knowing.

ndh: I dont have anything to contribute to the midwife talk as I dont know much about it. hey are you staying team yellow I cant remember? so by next week you are 2nd tri right, how exciting :happydance:

mummy: loved your blurry photos, hope you are having a lovely time with your parents.

huggles: how is everything going with your pregnancy? Im sure this month is a hard one being a year since your loss, but I hope being pregnant brings you some peace. your bubs is going to have a special guardian angel throughout his life :hugs:

sheryl: when is your next scan? you have been the most patient of all! any news on dh's job front?

NY: how are you doing? havent seen you online for a bit are you working hard?

thats about it, Ive got an easy day so think I will work out and tidy up. will do a ovulation test soon as see what it says, I think they said I have to phone them each day with the results. I tend to forget half of what they say! I forgot to ask about the lining....Im pretty sure she said it was 1.7 and they didnt say anything about it so hopefully thats good. i have a feeling I wont get the surge and will have to go in on monday.

oh forgot to add that my temp today is higher than it normally is around now, its 36.35 when Im normally 35 something. Ive read clomid can raise your temps so not taking them too seriously this cycle, I just want to see an obvious ovulation then I wont read anything into the rest.

haha dh never uses the word chuffed to be honest ! ive been to the uk so many times and everyone kept saying chuffed chuffed and i got into it and now it just comes out every now and then ! xx

temps are up which is a good thing ! xxx

huggles: how is everything going with your pregnancy? Im sure this month is a hard one being a year since your loss, but I hope being pregnant brings you some peace. your bubs is going to have a special guardian angel throughout his life :hugs:

I think it's going ok so far thanks. I've had a pretty stressful week this past week with pg worries and stuff, but don't really want to go into it here. I have my next appointment and scan on thurs (18 weeks) so we'll see then how everything is. But i think it's mostly ok.

You are right Sarah. Ladies over here do get their BFPs on 8-9dpo so BFN on 11dpo is bad news. I will still test tomorrow with FMU just because it is Father's Day and if I am PG then don't want to miss the chance to wish DH.
All we can do is try our best and then hope for the best, rest is all a mystery. We are planning a road trip to Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee on 4th of July (long) weekend, that also happens to be my fertile period for next cycle. I hope physical stress from long drive doesn't impact fertility. Also, we plan to stop on our way at SIL's for a night and it'll be really odd for me to BD at their place. Planning BD is taking it's toll on us especially on DH as his job requires lots of traveling. Since he wants to be at home during fertile days, he misses out on some important appointments and can't plan his work freely. I can feel his stress and that puts me in stress too. So praying for a BFP ASAP.

I think it's going ok so far thanks. I've had a pretty stressful week this past week with pg worries and stuff, but don't really want to go into it here. I have my next appointment and scan on thurs (18 weeks) so we'll see then how everything is. But i think it's mostly ok.

Huggles, I am sending you lots of good wishes for worry-free healthy pregnancy :hugs: :flower:

You are right Sarah. Ladies over here do get their BFPs on 8-9dpo so BFN on 11dpo is bad news. I will still test tomorrow with FMU just because it is Father's Day and if I am PG then don't want to miss the chance to wish DH.
All we can do is try our best and then hope for the best, rest is all a mystery. We are planning a road trip to Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee on 4th of July (long) weekend, that also happens to be my fertile period for next cycle. I hope physical stress from long drive doesn't impact fertility. Also, we plan to stop on our way at SIL's for a night and it'll be really odd for me to BD at their place. Planning BD is taking it's toll on us especially on DH as his job requires lots of traveling. Since he wants to be at home during fertile days, he misses out on some important appointments and can't plan his work freely. I can feel his stress and that puts me in stress too. So praying for a BFP ASAP.

I know its soooo hard. I kept putting off booking trips then finally booked that one to vegas. we are going end of july so if I did get pregnant this cycle I hope its ok. but if I dont get pregnant the good thing would be I can enjoy vegas in full!! even though we need to try and plan things at the same time it can control your life and you just have to go paln things regardless. hopefully you will be so relaxed from the trip you will conceive! I think when I go to vegas I will be in the 2WW of next months cycle.

I think when I go to vegas I will be in the 2WW of next months cycle.

Thanks Sarah! Vacatioing during 2ww is the best except you can't drink alcohol which may seem sad if you are in Vegas :)

im going to stop reading posts on here. I was so excited when I heard I have 4 follicles and had some TTC enthusiasm back. then today I read a bunch of posts in the assisted folder and realize it doesnt mean anything. I know we are all different and everything points to things being fine with me, so I hope I could be a lucky one who gets pregnant just on clomid.

its just so crazy, even when they put the egg and sperm together and a growing embryo is put back in people still dont get pregnant...that blows my mind! you guys who got your natural bfps are truly so lucky when you really look at how hard it is to actually get pregnant.

ok rant over, Im back to being excited about 4 follicles :happydance:

Sarah, I still have not scheduled my scan. I am going to ask the doctor to sign a release as required when I go see him on the 28th and then will call and schedule. The soonest I will be able to go with DH is July 5th.

My dad's family is trying to plan a Labor Day get together and rent a huge house on a lake. There will be 18 of us if everyone comes. They are only looking at beds for 9-12 though. We have 9 adults in our family just including my grandparents, parents, aunts/uncles so they may try to force Dh and I to sleep on an air mattress with my other cousins. Seeing as I will be 29 weeks then I don't know if I want to go given this information. DH would be fine sleeping in a tent outside though b/c he misses camping and has all the equipment at home.

Sarah: I hear you my friend :hugs:

I think women on this thread have all had their own struggles getting pregnant and dealing with their pregnancies so I do think they have fought/stil fighting their own battles and we got to fight our own. However, it also comes easy for a lot of other women irrespective of their age. My friend here is 39 and is naturally pregnant with her second child, had an easy natural first pregnancy at 36.

I know it is ridiculous but guess what I was googling this morning :) 'BFP after BFN at 11dpo' I laugh at myself for doing so :haha: but DH is in Texas, returns tomorrow night so I have all the time in the world to do all kinds of Internet searches and drive myself crazy.:dohh:

Sheryl, they might not be able to think that far ahead about your pregnancy today but once you are there I am sure, if not men, women in your family will see to it that you are comfortable.

I'm not so sure. My husband and I still have to sit at the kids table at family functions. Therefore I hate family functions.

I got BFN at *looks at chart* 12 and BFP at 14 btw.

Oh yes! I just looked at your chart. I hope I get my BFP soon. Sorry I am not being shy in asking for it this time, I can cry all I want when AF visit me but I want to be hopeful at least until tomorrow morning when I test again. Wish me luck!

I don't blame you one bit. When I had my pre-op for my LEEP in October and the doctor advised me I had to wait at least 1 clear pap to get pregnant I cried in his office. I was so ready then but glad that it's happening now as the timing worked out better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->