ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

someone in the over 35 folder just mentioned she always gets 3-5 follicles on clomid and has had 4 IUI's and still bfn. its just amazing to me, that many follicles AND the sperm is being washed and put in the right place and still nothing. she said injectables can produce better eggs that clomid so I suppose thats the next step. brings me down to reality so I wont get too hopeful about this cycle as I dont want to feel like I have 4 x the chance and get crushed if I get my period. Im really hopeful Im one of those people who just needs that little bit of help from clomid , but who knows :shrug:

I read more into the persons background and there seems to be many more problems like pcos, no ovulation, cysts etc. Hubby tells me to stop reading lol

Probably a good idea to stop reading.

I got my travel system a little used this morning from a lady on craigslist for $50.

lol, yeah Sarah I think you need to stop reading... lol!!!

Sheryl, that's a good buy!! We're getting (two) prams given to us for free, so not in the market for them at all, just the capsule this morning! MIL has decided she wants to buy the bath, so there's another bulky item taken care of... :D MIL was down today, and she's given me a heap of (gorgeous) clothes! Yay!! Mostly tops, which is what I needed, only one of them I don't like much, the rest are all tucked away in the wardrobe now. :D She had a gastric bypass done last year and has lost a ton of weight (though is still big-ish) and of course my tummy is just growing and growing, so it's some of her older stuff she spent a lot of money on but didn't get to wear a lot and doesn't want to give away to "just anyone"! heh. Fine by me, I'm happy to have more tops fitting me well, especially when they look good!

My friend gave me a bathtub, swing/bouncer, sleep rocker, exersaucer and a whole bunch of smaller stuff months ago, as soon as we found out, that her son was no longer using. Very good money saver. I am sad that my shower won't be until September and it feels like forever away. We are looking at 32 weeks.

yeah, once I hit half way I wanted a shower ASAP so I could get on with collecting more stuff myself! lol!!! Though I'm having another one thrown for me later on as well I think... And no doubt my birthday will be pretty much another version of one too (september) so should be fun!

sarah, reading just got me so worried so i think yeah stop reading, but i know we cant help ourselves .. its just that we shouldnt get worked up reading stuff,i try my best not to !!

i didnt go to get checked for the pains because they stopped after that one episode !

flying :hugs: you are so sweet to think of me and how i must feel.. sometimes i do get upset when i cant feel but then knowing the paranoid person that i am, im probably better off without the kicks because otherwise i will be expecting a show everyday and if i cant feel anything would go crazy !!

we have not bought anything yet, dh is considering shipping mothercare beds from the uk as they have a sale going on and its cheaper than whats here. mothercare and mamas and papas here are extortionate !

lets see, we are looking at a cot bed that can be converted to a bed and used upto age 5 -6.

travel systems here are very expensive too, so will be looking at options !!

im a papaya today, 22 weeks, nice to see a different fruit but im still a 21 + 2 week banana ! lol

2 weeks until my appointment, as for baby shower , my mum wants to do an indian traditional one at her place and then we will probably have one at my place later on.

i think the indian one is planned for next month.. in the traditional way by the way, they dont give you gifts in your baby shower, its after the baby is born as buying anything before is considered bad luck, but what the heck, im getting everything before its born as i wont have time or energy to do anything later and i like to be prepared.

plus my daughter is not going to be given an indian name which is purely my choice, as ive always liked english names instead.

off to mums for a bit of a banter now really, will be back later on, sarah i wish i could understand the follicles bit but i dont really, i do need to look it up, which is why i dont have any input whenever you write about it, but i do hope you get your BFP soon along with dew, :hugs:

Preethi, follicles are the eggs that are prepping themselves to drop down for fertilising! We have X number of eggs in our bodies, and normally should only 'ripen' one up into a follicle and then drop it (on ovulation) every cycle, but with the help of clomid, Sarah has got four ripening up!! :D

Wow, I don't know how I'd cope not having bought anything before the baby was born! lol! I'd need clothes and nappies and a bed and everything sorted already... haha!

Happy 22 weeks Preethi!!

Hope you're all okay! keeing everything crossed for you Dew!! Hope this is your month! :flower:

Sarah that's fab news about your 4 follicles... I hope that all goes well with ovulation! :hugs:

All's okay here... a bit stressful having folks over.. I wont go into it... but mixed emotions with them going home! xx

Thanks Flying ! wow sarah thats good news then i guess, lets just keep our fingers crossed. xx

Mummy, sorry about your folks going home, hope you are doing well though xx

hi everyone!

just got back from my bloods and ultrasound....so I now have 2 large follicles (2.5cm and 2.1cm, or 25 and 21 in mm) and a medium one (1.8 / 18) and the forth hasnt grown since friday (1.65 or 16.5) so they are not counting it (they only count anything over 1.7cm or 17mm). They took bloods and so I am waiting for a call for them to tell me if I need to take the trigger shot or not. I got the medication from the clinic, its in a syringe so that will be hard to inject myself! but I would prefer to do it myself. if my bloods show an LH surge they wont have me do the trigger, but if it doesnt show then they want me to trigger today.

I talked to the nurse a little bit after, she said not all follicles have eggs in them, so hard to know if all 3 will be released or not.

the best part was the nurse looked at my chart and said 'oh wow I just saw your age, you are so young looking!!!!!' that made my day, forget about the follicles!! :haha:

so just have to wait for the call! also if I take the trigger I cannot take any pregnancy tests as the trigger shot is hcg and might show up. the only way I can do it is if I start straight away and see the hcg leave my system then I would know. most people say it leaves your system by 10dpo but if I got 2 lines I would be nervous to believe it. I might test to see when it leaves my system, I have so many of those internet cheapies that came free with my ov tests. Also I ignore symptoms which is good as they may be even worse with the trigger shot.

dew I asked about the other day 3: e2 was 150 and LH 6.4, but she said neither of those mean much just that I wasnt ovulating and its the FSH that matters. I see your temp went down again today :hugs:

thats about it, probably BDing tonight and tomorrow am but just waiting to see what they say when they call. Im so tired as I had to get up at 5:30 to leave at 6am so going for a nap! my allergies are really acting up too.

have a lovely day everyone :flower:

Lots of good luck Sarah! :hugs: may be you can start testing for HCG from 5 or 6dpo onwards. All this sounds very exciting....hope so much it works for you :thumbup:

just did the trigger shot, didnt hurt phew!
they want us to BD tomorrow and the next day, as she said you usually ovulate 24-36 hours after the shot. will probably BD both mornings then.
wish me luck! going to try my best not to think about TTCing the next 2 weeks so may not be on here that much....I tend to read too much when Im on here :dohh:

exciting times.... good luck Sarah!!! :hugs: Completely understand your need to lay low! xxxx

Wow! I never realised before just how large mature follicles are! Those are huge!

Yay that the trigger wasn't too bad - now comes the waiting game for the next 12-14 days. Good luck catching the eggy Sarah. And what a fantastic compliment from the nurse too - I bet that just made your day :thumbup:

Sheryl - I love your travel system! What a bargain too.

Glad everyone seems to be having a good day. I am trying to determine what a cocktail style dress for an outdoor wedding July 9th would look like. I think comfort is priority since I don't know anyone except the couple anyway.

Sarah I am still checking up on you but our internet in this whole area has died and supposedly they're working on it. For days. So exciting what you are going through right now. Wow. I live this new journey of yours and your determination to try something new. You so deserve this to work. i will pray for your 3 follies. Well, just one if that's what you want. Lol. Lots of talk of this for me today because at work a girlfriend is going to do iui when she is 35. She is single, and wants a baby. So been researching dissemination with a donor. I say good for her. And good for you giving yourself injections and having 3 ripe follies!

Preethi baton hicks are already a possibility for you. Ive had them and they hurt!

Flying my baby has just started to get the real party started in there the past few days. I have had movement from about 19 weeks randomly and lightly, but now its so often and huge thump! I live it and sit for hours enjoying it.

Can't wait to hear about your first kicks preethi! Then soon you will wish you didn't wish for it when your ribs feel broken in the third trimester!

Mummy I hope everything with the rents is ok. Not sure about you, but my hormones are causing me to not stand my own mom very well lately. Don't know why she's just annoying me!

I have pretty much bought nothing, and not sure when I will. All of our money is being put into bathroom renovations and we still hqve other projects to work on so pretty broke! And I'm planning my sisters baby shower, so that will cost a bunch. Sigh.

Dew boo for the temps dropping. I'm sorry. I hope its not what we think, but know that its hard to think that way for you. It's important to remain realistic throughout all this mumble jumble. But remain hopeful as well and I am praying it is soon for you.

Sorry if I've missed any but I'm on my cell phone which is hard to follow bnb on my phone. I have been reading it all though so thinking of everyone!

sarah, i do hope those three follicles work for you, i agree you deserve this totally !!!

Thanks Ny, ive got the hormones going on as well, not much but i do have to use my doppler everyday for reassurance given my situation that i cant feel anything at all.

dont worry, i have not bought anything yet as well. xx

hope everyone is doing fine today. x Ndh happy 12 weeks, sorry if i am late wishing you. xxxx :holly:

Thanks Preethi :)

I'm still 12 weeks so you're not late lol.

Great news! DH got a job today and starts tomorrow! The last month or so has been a struggle but aside from the first week he was out of work I've really managed to do well with not worrying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->