ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Ooh if their incubator is off at the end of December then ya, that definitely puts a kink in the plans for ivf. There's plenty of time for the retrieval to happen I would think, unless they wouldn't want to start after a chemical. But no good if they retrieve your eggs and then can't fertalise and incubate them if they're doing maintenance.

I'm so sorry this happened to you this month of all times and has thrown such a spanner into the works :hugs:

Dew I'm so sorry to read of all you've been through the last few days :hugs:
I don't know what to say as I don't think anything can make it any easier to deal with, so will send you lots of hugs instead :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Sarah - super exciting that things have started for you! Fx'd all goes well and you get your bfp soon! :dust:

ny & babyhopes - re adjusted age - I asked the paed if I needed to work according to adjusted age or anything and he said only with regard to milestones. Everything else goes on as normal, as if he was full term. Vaccinations etc are all from date of birth, regardless of gestational age when born. But if for example other people's babies start sitting at 6 months, and at 7 months he is only starting to show signs of sitting, then that's fine cos technically he should only be 6 months (i'm using a random example cos i know all babies develop at different ages). So it was more just to bear in mind that he is technically 4 weeks younger than he really is for milestones etc, but otherwise treat him as a normal full term baby.

Hi everyone!

So Dew, you are going for your next beta on Monday, and Mayo are waiting to hear the results? I would think if its dropped on monday you should be able to squeeze you in, have you asked them about the possibility of doing a short protocol just because of the insurance situation? Im not sure their reasons for the BC part of it as Im not doing that, and if thats not an option to drop. Well if its not meant to be then January is not far away and perhaps you can do another couple of IUIs and they might work. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

AFM I just got back from my ultrasound, everything looks good so just waiting for the clinic to phone with my bloods and say Im ok to start the medication! So Im on 300 on Gonal F and in addition 75 of Repronex (Menopur) which is basically the same thing but an added boost....the nurse said its a very aggressive protocol, she is not my favourite nurse so I didnt ask why I have the 2 and not just 375 of Gonal F. So I start today and then go back Tuesday to see whats happening. Please say a prayer for me and that I will grow lots of healthy eggs, this is so huge for me and Im equally excited and terrified :cry::cry::cry:

I have a message from mummy! how lovely she remembered I started today and Dew I dont think she has read your recent news so I replied and let her know.....

Hello my lovely! I hope this finds you well! I know that IVF is around the corner for you (i remember you mentioning 3rd Nov) and wanted to let you know i'm thinking of you! I'm also keeping Dew in my thoughts and prayers ahead of her IVF, but hoping i'll be back on BnB in time to wish her well! I've not been on BnB for a few days.. Because my body is being a complete bugger. labour keeps stopping and starting.. Part of the problem is that my family can't seem to stay healthy long enough to give me a chance to have the baby. On Sunday, one day overdue.. hubby got a gastro bug that landed him on his back in bed and no help to me! I had huge contractions that just eased off after about 4 hours as i was stressed about doing this all on my own! monday night Lottie got the bug and had us both up all night as she basically threw up from 9pm until 4am!! So we were doing laundry in the middle of the night, Tues she was still ill and i was cleaning and disinfecting like a mad woman as my folks were arriving the next day! So my folks arrived and hubby went back to work as i now have help and yesterday my Mum starts throwing up. So i'm so stressed cos i don't want them ill, i worry about them looking after Lottie whilst ill as it's hard work when you're well and i have stayed off of BnB for a few reasons.. 1. I'm tempted to read too much about am i or aren't i in labour 2. I will whinge and moan and i don't want to 3. I feel like i need to have news for people and i just sadly don't! I don't think it would be as bad if i had no signs of labour, but really it keeps starting and stopping! Argh! I'm seeing Midwife tomorrow for a sweep. It will be my first internal and i'll be 41 weeks and we'll discuss induction for next week. Please pass on my love to all the ladies.. You can share all of this message (essay) with them! i hope the babies are all well, the bumps are behaving themselves and those eggs are preparing for fertilization! Big hugs, love Cath

So I have been continuously bleeding (heavier than regular period) since yesterday afternoon. This morning I started passing big tissue fragments as well. Going for Rhogam shot this afternoon since I am A- and DH is A+

Waiting to hear back from Mayo about their decision on blood work tomorrow at Mayo and possibility of starting an IVF cycle. Current clinic still wants me to continue taking prometrium, come for beta on Monday and then basically monitor the levels until they go back to less than 5 and then do nothing this cycle but wait for next AF to begin with next set of treatments.

Good news is that dad's surgery went well and his condition/stats are all stable after coming out of anesthesia. He is still in intensive care for post-operative monitoring.

NY: I am on baby aspirin. This MC doesn't mean I have problem with implantation. And even if implantation is a problem, Assisted Hatching in IVF should actually help. I think the problem is chromosomal abnormalities, I am not sure if this necessitates genetic testing on eggs/embryos.

Huggles and NY: your profile pics are also very beautiful.

Hi everyone!

So Dew, you are going for your next beta on Monday, and Mayo are waiting to hear the results? I would think if its dropped on monday you should be able to squeeze you in, have you asked them about the possibility of doing a short protocol just because of the insurance situation? Im not sure their reasons for the BC part of it as Im not doing that, and if thats not an option to drop. Well if its not meant to be then January is not far away and perhaps you can do another couple of IUIs and they might work. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

AFM I just got back from my ultrasound, everything looks good so just waiting for the clinic to phone with my bloods and say Im ok to start the medication! So Im on 300 on Gonal F and in addition 75 of Repronex (Menopur) which is basically the same thing but an added boost....the nurse said its a very aggressive protocol, she is not my favourite nurse so I didnt ask why I have the 2 and not just 375 of Gonal F. So I start today and then go back Tuesday to see whats happening. Please say a prayer for me and that I will grow lots of healthy eggs, this is so huge for me and Im equally excited and terrified :cry::cry::cry:

Sarah: BCPs are given to bring ovaries back to quiet state and start with a clean slate. This way they expect better boost to ovaries with stimulation medications for better follicle growth. I might also be on FSH and Menopur (at least that's what current clinic had in their plan for me). I have already done a prayer for you and will continue to do so throughout your IVF cycle. Also hoping you don't have bad side-effects from high dose of Gonal F. Sending you truckloads of good luck and prayers [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

I have a message from mummy! how lovely she remembered I started today and Dew I dont think she has read your recent news so I replied and let her know.....

Hello my lovely! I hope this finds you well! I know that IVF is around the corner for you (i remember you mentioning 3rd Nov) and wanted to let you know i'm thinking of you! I'm also keeping Dew in my thoughts and prayers ahead of her IVF, but hoping i'll be back on BnB in time to wish her well! I've not been on BnB for a few days.. Because my body is being a complete bugger. labour keeps stopping and starting.. Part of the problem is that my family can't seem to stay healthy long enough to give me a chance to have the baby. On Sunday, one day overdue.. hubby got a gastro bug that landed him on his back in bed and no help to me! I had huge contractions that just eased off after about 4 hours as i was stressed about doing this all on my own! monday night Lottie got the bug and had us both up all night as she basically threw up from 9pm until 4am!! So we were doing laundry in the middle of the night, Tues she was still ill and i was cleaning and disinfecting like a mad woman as my folks were arriving the next day! So my folks arrived and hubby went back to work as i now have help and yesterday my Mum starts throwing up. So i'm so stressed cos i don't want them ill, i worry about them looking after Lottie whilst ill as it's hard work when you're well and i have stayed off of BnB for a few reasons.. 1. I'm tempted to read too much about am i or aren't i in labour 2. I will whinge and moan and i don't want to 3. I feel like i need to have news for people and i just sadly don't! I don't think it would be as bad if i had no signs of labour, but really it keeps starting and stopping! Argh! I'm seeing Midwife tomorrow for a sweep. It will be my first internal and i'll be 41 weeks and we'll discuss induction for next week. Please pass on my love to all the ladies.. You can share all of this message (essay) with them! i hope the babies are all well, the bumps are behaving themselves and those eggs are preparing for fertilization! Big hugs, love Cath

So sorry Mummy! Hope DH, Lottie and family gets well soon and be healthy to take care of you :hugs::hugs: Sending you my best wishes :hugs:

Dew, i am so sorry about the bleeding, :hugs: sending you big :hugs: we are all here for you.. xx hope you dont have to wait too long for IVF. xx

Sarah, very excited that things are starting for you, hope the call comes back soon and that you are on the go with the IVF process :hugs: :kiss:

Ny, yeah i guess milestones is what theyve asked me to look for, but i will confirm again once i go for her appointment on the 20th..x

Huggles, i love your profile pic :cloud9:

I hope Cat's labour comes on soon xx

Hope all of you are doing well.. xx

Hi everyone!

Sarah: BCPs are given to bring ovaries back to quiet state and start with a clean slate. This way they expect better boost to ovaries with stimulation medications for better follicle growth. I might also be on FSH and Menopur (at least that's what current clinic had in their plan for me). I have already done a prayer for you and will continue to do so throughout your IVF cycle. Also hoping you don't have bad side-effects from high dose of Gonal F. Sending you truckloads of good luck and prayers [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

thank you!!!! :flower:
do you actually have to drive to mayo to do a blood test or only if they say its a go? I wasnt sure if you meant they were doing bloods on you too, or you are just sharing what the other clinic are saying.
Yes I have heard that about the BC, I just wonder if you HAVE to do that part....as so many people do not (like me). My ultrasound showed my ovaries are silent, I wonder how many people the BC actually help...like is there a lot of people who dont have silent ovaries without the BC. Just a thought seeing as timing is so crucial.
Again Im so sorry you are going through this, and glad your dad is stable :hugs::hugs:

do you actually have to drive to mayo to do a blood test or only if they say its a go? I wasnt sure if you meant they were doing bloods on you too, or you are just sharing what the other clinic are saying.
Yes I have heard that about the BC, I just wonder if you HAVE to do that part....as so many people do not (like me). My ultrasound showed my ovaries are silent, I wonder how many people the BC actually help...like is there a lot of people who dont have silent ovaries without the BC. Just a thought seeing as timing is so crucial.
Again Im so sorry you are going through this, and glad your dad is stable :hugs::hugs:

Sarah: Since I want to move forward with IVF in this cycle and since Mayo requires a repeat blood work for my Day 3 hormone levels to approve my eligibility for IVF, I asked them today if they will be willing to do day 3s tomorrow along with beta HCG. If the results are inconclusive due to higher HCG (and MC) then we can completely forget about having an IVF cycle this month but at least be assured that we tried our best.

And yes, I'll have to drive to Mayo for tomorrow. For future blood work, I can have the blood drawn in local clinic.

Sarah: Since I want to move forward with IVF in this cycle and since Mayo requires a repeat blood work for my Day 3 hormone levels to approve my eligibility for IVF, I asked them today if they will be willing to do day 3s tomorrow along with beta HCG. If the results are inconclusive due to higher HCG (and MC) then we can completely forget about having an IVF cycle this month but at least be assured that we tried our best.

And yes, I'll have to drive to Mayo for tomorrow. For future blood work, I can have the blood drawn in local clinic.

its definitely worth a go. Did the Mayo say they would want the hcg under a certain amount for you to continue? FX it all works out for you.

I got up at 5am this morning as I had to drop off pay cheques at the spa and wanted to leave 2 hours for my commute to my 8am appointment, but I got there 7:15 as traffic was amazing! Im so tired as I didnt sleep well last night and so just went to try to nap but I cant...want to hear from the clinic and get the first injections over with! Ive read the menopur can sting, hope its not too bad.

Sarah- have you heard of the show Private Practice? The doctor on there is going through IVF now so they kinda joke around with it and its pretty funny....she went all crazy from hormones. You will hafta tell us stories if the hormones make you feel crazy or not!

Dew- hope the bleeding and everything passes quickly and painlessly. If you can't do IVF will you do IUI?

Huggles- our babies were both born at 36 weeks! Mine +5 and yours +3.

Preethi does Gemma enjoy tummy time? Mine pretty much hates it. Lol. Ive video taped him on his tummy screaming, then he rolls to his back and is surprised and mad. Its prety funny.

Hope Catherine has that baby soon and can't wait to see her pictures. And ho9pe she isnt the one who gets the pukies next!

Still waiting over here after false labor yesterday again. At least the charge nurse told me not to be embarrassed or worry about it since there's no way to tell if contractions are productive without coming in to be checked. That's twice now. I am in a great mood today feeling much better so my dad thinks that means Kristin will be here tomorrow based on what he remembers about mom's pregnancies.

Sarah: did you hear back from the clinic? Good luck!

NY: I can't do IUI this month because stimulation for IUI starts on day 3 and there is no valid day 3 since it is a MC. Clinic said I will have to skip this month.

Mayo decided to check my HCG and AMH levels tomorrow. They said it is not menstrual bleeding but MC bleeding so they can't consider tomorrow as day 3 and perform FSH and E2 tests. If AMH looks good enough, they may put me on BCPs when HCG falls below 5. Let's hope for the best!

Sheryl: Hope your dad is right...hang in there!

Sarah: did you hear back from the clinic? Good luck!

NY: I can't do IUI this month because stimulation for IUI starts on day 3 and there is no valid day 3 since it is a MC. Clinic said I will have to skip this month.

Mayo decided to check my HCG and AMH levels tomorrow. They said it is not menstrual bleeding but MC bleeding so they can't consider tomorrow as day 3 and perform FSH and E2 tests. If AMH looks good enough, they may put me on BCPs when HCG falls below 5. Let's hope for the best!

Sheryl: Hope your dad is right...hang in there!

FX'd Dew, how are you feeling about all this? must be very emotional. I hope that you are able to get going on another cycle as I think it would take your mind off what just happened :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I just took my first 2 injections
:bodyb::bodyb::bodyb::bodyb:
the gonal f was fine although its a lot more liquid going in, the menopur I had a mental block about what to do as you have to mix solution with powder and the nurse was crap at explaining. managed to get through it then I stood there for a few minutes and just couldnt plunge the needle in this time. finally I did it and it wasnt bad, never google before an injection ....I only read one page and it had 5 people say it stings so was so nervous.

yay 1 day down, 8,9, 10 to go??!!

Woohoo for first injection done Sarah! Praying the drugs don't make you too crazy but more importantly for lots of eggs so you can get some freezies too! And thanks for the update on mummy. How awful to have a house full of sick people at 41 weeks pregnant! I hope her baby has just been holding on to meet his/her grandparents and will be born any day now. (I'd been thinking boy from the beginning but now I'm jot so sure).

Sheryl, I'd be embarrassed to keep going in with false labour too, but at least they assured you that there's no way to know if it's false or the real thing without being checked. I have lots of friends who had false labour on and off for a couple weeks too - I don't know what would be worse - weeks of false labour or being like Amy, 42 weeks with no sign anything is ever going to happen. Anyway, hoping Kristin puts her appearance in soon. It would be nice for at least one baby to be born before 40 weeks having made it all the way to term.

Dew, throwing some more :hug: your way :hugs:

The fabric I ordered last week from the states arrived yesterday. I didn't say anything then because I couldn't find an appropriate time to slip it into the conversation. But I'm super impressed as I ordered it on Thursday or Friday last week and got an email on Tuesday that it had been shipped, and it was at my door by Friday! Things didn't usually even come that quickly from the states when I was in Canada! So now I have my diaper bag and baby wipes project to keep me busy for the next couple of weeks.

yay ndh please take photos! glad you have the fabric you wanted. does it feel weird that everyone is having babies and you have a little while to go? is hubby working this weekend at all for that double time??!

I forgot to mention what I paid today: so I paid half of the $7200, so $3600 today and will pay $3600 on tuesday. The medications were $2000, thats for 5 days of both gonal f and the menopur. So thats $9200 it total, Im expecting at least another $2000 in medications = $11,200. Yikes! please please please work [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

(Oh and Dew apparantly the new gonal f dont give much extra liquid so I cant try and create another 300 from 3 syringes.)

the spa was crappy this week and we are down $1500 :cry: thats why I asked them to split into 2 payments. Im expecting quite a few payments by Dec 1 so its only 3 more weeks I will be tight then it should be better.

Aww I'm sorry the spa had a had week and you can't get extra units from your gonal f. It'll all work out though.

Yes it will be weird being the only one left (hopefully not for long though) but I hope s/he does t get any ideas and decide to join the excitement of so many babies being born in a short time. Lol.

No, DH isn't working this weekend (that we know of). There is a thing going on this weekend they need lots of signage put up for and roads blocked off and he has said that he's available all weekend if they need relief for that though. He did get three good days in so far at least, which at least means I can relax and enjoy the weekend regardless of what happens. I would like at least one more day by Tuesday (or a few hours tomorrow even) so I can buy extra stuff, but we'll manage if he doesn't.

Sarah- have you heard of the show Private Practice? The doctor on there is going through IVF now so they kinda joke around with it and its pretty funny....she went all crazy from hormones. You will hafta tell us stories if the hormones make you feel crazy or not!

no I dont watch that, perhaps I will have to catch it sometime. is it the main doctor with the red hair?

when the nurse told me 'this is an aggressive protocol' I looked at my husband and said 'so you cant get upset at me if Im crazy' so Ive given him the warning, he says i have been more fiesty since starting treatments. Im also going to try and not let things bother me or argue these next few weeks...want to stay calm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->