ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

I never went in any baby shops cause i was broke and cheap but have no self control lol. But I felt out of place at the midwife clinic at my first two appointment (14 and 17 weeks) with no bump.

Ahhh memories of true brokeness. Yuck. So glad times are better now though we are still trying to be frugile until we save up enough to get down to 80% of the appraisal value of the house on our mortage.

i was all flat pretty ,much with a normal bloat at 13 weeks.. i didnt have much of a bump through my pregnancy as she was small lol xx

yay for not having to go to the hand doc anymore,:hugs:

i started shopping around the 5th month, i know what you mean about the flat belly and shopping !!!

Glad your finger is healing so well and you don't have to go for any more dressings.

hey someone posted this on another thread about nub theory

if you look at my ultrasound I dont see a nub, the thing at the end I thought was a leg, is that a nub?? i think its a bit big, must be a leg!!

I dont know if I can wait to find out!!! my book says they can start to hear this week, thats just amazing. Id like to call he/she by its name and imagine he/she in there. I might regret not having the surprise at the end, but I will be worrying more if he/she is ok anyway. ggrrrrrrrxfmkzmglmylxhmslhmlmslmhlsz!

Attachments

• nub.jpg
    nub.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 6
Im not really sure if that's a nub or not sorry i'm no help.

And oh my goodness we missed your boobie party yesterday!

Happy official second trimester! (You were seeing air as 13+3 right?)

:holly::holly::holly::holly::holly:
:headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin:
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:
:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

:holly::holly::holly:So if its a girl it has a nub? I never knew anythign about all that but it would be fun to try to guess!! I know what you mean about being torn. I was too but OH did bring up that fact that he needed to be able to envision what was in there to become close....so I let him have it.

:holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly:\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/=D&gt;=D&gt;=D&gt;=D&gt;=D&gt;=D&gt;=D&gt;:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake: <-----and cake, just cuz we all need cake.

Congrats for 2nd tri. This is crazy, that 1st tri flew!

:holly: :holly: :holly: :holly: :holly: :holly: :holly: :holly: :holly:

Happy 2nd trimester Sarah!!! :dance:

Well done on doing your own dressing on your finger! Must have been quite a big step for you! You're very brave!

Don't feel like a fraud shopping for baby stuff... enjoy every minute! I did a lot of shopping for cousins and friends long before we fell preggers so no one will look at you funny for looking at baby stuff without a noticeable bump! :D

Re the nub... I think that might be a leg. Looks a bit big to be a nub, but I'm no expert! I can promise you that not knowing the sex, doesn't limit the bonding experience... I still spoke to my girls a lot... just in gender neutral terms... like.. 'oi, squidge... move that foot/arm/elbow out from under my ribcage' :haha: I remember more so with Lottie than Lizzie that she would have a flipping party in my tummy as soon as I lay down to sleep. So much so that one night as Mike was lying with his hand on my tummy (I lay on my side facing away from him) she kicked his hand off my tummy! :rofl: We then did wonder what sort of being was about to join us earth side! :rofl: but yeah... we def did bond with them. I'm sure knowing the gender and having a name chosen can give you extra peace of mind and that you feel more connected...but I didn't feel like I missed out on anything. :hugs:

ohhhh yay! Boobie party!!!!

:holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly::holly:
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

And I have no idea about the nub thing! DH wasn't sure about referring to him as 'it' for my whole pregnancy either, but we just called him 'bub' pretty much all the time. Even though 'it' sounds derogatory, I was so determined to not find out that it didn't matter to me! lol.

mummy/flying I think it works if you are determind not to find out or have a strong desire not to, but I keep swinging both ways!! its so annoying! Im starting to really feel like I want to know, like it will drive me crazy not to know! Im such a typical libran that way, weighing the options and never really making a decision.

ps my boobs actually look very similar to the bouncing smiley, they are huge in proportion to everything else, its like Im showing in my boobs :dohh:

I kept waffling too Sarah - only decided on scan day really not to find out, and there were times I wished I had, bit I can promise you that you'll never have any rehrets about staying on team :yellow:. Sure you'll wish you found out at times, but the anticipation is like nothing else. And we both bonded fine too, though I was so convinced she was a he that i did often call my bump a he. But that's fine, she'll forgive me lol.

If you do convince hub by to find out you wont regret that decision either. It really is a decision you can't make wrong :flower:

thanks ndh you are right, cant go wrong either way. I suppose Im sitting here feeling its ages to wait till 20 week scan and so much waiting, that perhaps it would be more exciting to know now. Ive been through so much with the treatments and then the finger thing, that perhaps I want this lovely news earlier. hubby and I are going out for dinner tonight so I will bring it up!!

Im hoping to have 1 or 2 of my frosties being viable babies so I will hopefully be able to experience both. Im in 1 pregnancy group on here (for those who were LTTC or assisted conception) and one girl said she didnt have the patience to wait to find out for 1 and 2, but is staying team yellow for #3.

Sarah- you really have to want to be team yellow, otherwise it will not work and the wonder will kill you! I wanted to be team yellow so bad, and found out, and am just as happy I knew. Nothing missed, no regrets here. Its all fun regardless. Its fun if you dont know and fun if you do:) So no, you can't go wrong.

My cousin's the same - found out with #1 and 2, but now has one boy one girl so is staying team yellow for #3.

I can never tell with the nub theory cos i always struggle to see a nub, but give me a potty shot and i can tell almost straight away.

Sarah,i cant possibly out do all the boobie partiies that youve been thrown by the others .. !!! :cloud9: but as you can imagine, i am jumping with joy for you :dance:

your first tri is officially over !!!!!! now comes the fun part, growing a baby bump, feeling movements, scans looking more exciting as you can see a whole lot more of the babys parts, etc,. xxx its going to be a fun and exciting ride !! and were all here, all the way., from all over the world, supporting you through it !!

i always wanted to find out, and dh wasnt entirely fussed about finding out, he knew i would do it and would tell him, so for me, i think being team yellow takes a whole lot of will power !! and seeing as many have done it on here, im probably one that lacks will power.. lol but i think you can do it !!!! zxxxxxxxx :hugs:

thanks everyone! I talked to hubby last night and gave the pros to finding out...mainly saying its a lot of waiting and it would be such wonderful news to be able to get while we wait! he said he would love the surprise but will think about it. He doesnt mind me finding out but I said no we will do it together. he also said lets debate with his family at easter dinner so that would be fun....his sister already said she would have to know as she likes to plan and doesnt like surprises!! like you said NY whenever you find out its a wonderful thing and you cant go wrong.

Nope I dont regret at all knowing. With Ella I wanted to know SOOO bad and they couldn't tell! NOpe, stubborn baby. Wasn't showing us. Then with Kian I knew, and I wouldn't say I liked either experience better. Regardless, its fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->